corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » commission only jobs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author commission only jobs
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 13 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it should be illegal tbh, companies should be MADE to take care of their workforce
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where you not aware of the terms and conditions of your job Pow before you started? If its not a job for you then you don't apply. Nor does that mean a work force doesn't have other benefits either.
LeeM

23rd Jul 13 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think it should be allowed, there should be minimum wage attached to it.
ie you earn minimum wage and thats taken out of your sales, 37.5 hours at minimum wage is £232 so you get that, and if you make £233 worth of sales in a week you only get an extra quid
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your only capable of selling at that rate it's the wrong job for you and sales in general tbh.

Put it this way we are budgeting the newer sales team to be earning more than the current staff whom are earning approx 25-30k a year.
Gaz

23rd Jul 13 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
If your only capable of selling at that rate it's the wrong job for you and sales in general tbh.

Put it this way we are budgeting the newer sales team to be earning more than the current staff whom are earning approx 25-30k a year.

sales in what field though?
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jul 13 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Girl I was seeing had Kirby round to clean her hall carpet. I said they'd try and sell her one, she said I know they try every year, and I always pretend to be interested then throw them out when its done.

My brother used to go door to door selling them, he really bought in to them though and genuinely thought they where worth a grand +

They came down from over a grand to 299, still got shown the door.
Toby
Premium Member

23rd Jul 13 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
quote:
Originally posted by Toby

sales in what field though?

Selling relocation packages and commerical relocations. But that to me is irrelevant, point I am making is that these guys will be earning far more if they are good at there job which is what the whole idea is about. Intact the guys we have at the moment are good, they just aren't motivated becuase in my opinion they have the wrong commission scheme.

Don't get me wring its not for the faint hearted but realistically the opportunity to a keen individual is a lot greater.
deano87

23rd Jul 13 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Think it should be illegal tbh, companies should be MADE to take care of their workforce

tbh there is a difference between £0/commission only and 0 hours contracts.

If they're on both, it is proper shoddy

imho there are ways of incentivising a workforce/salesforce by paying a good wage and still getting the best of people.
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a comission only job for a while, made some money but it's not all it's cracked up to be, or the one I was doing certainly wasnt! You don't know until you try though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » commission only jobs 22 database queries in 0.0131161 seconds