corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » West Coast of America Trip - Updated Pics Page 3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author West Coast of America Trip - Updated Pics Page 3
whitter45

User status: Offline
24th Jul 13 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

booked papilon before we travelled -

Do not do the west rim from Vegas its no where near as nice as the South rim. West Rim are the only place they land

Worth the 5 hr drive from Vegas as the difference is night and day

The pics I have posted are from the South rim
Nath

24th Jul 13 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What rim is the sky walk at?
Nath

24th Jul 13 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent looked at the pics yet as my PC spazzed out, so will check them out later
whitter45

24th Jul 13 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What rim is the sky walk at?

West Rim - read the reviews its not worth it unless you cant make it to the south rim

The North Rim is even better but that's a fair old journey to get there
Nath

24th Jul 13 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure our tour goes to the sky walk, so guess that's where we'll end up. It's a 12hr coach trip though, so it may go elsewhere too. Will have to check.
whitter45

24th Jul 13 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will spend probably an hour each way picking up and dropping people off in Vegas

I would hire a car and drive to the south rim over the Hoover Dam - its 240 miles so 480 round trip but you will travelling the same on the coach to see less of the canyon - you also cannot take your camera on the skywalk

Also if you hire a car you can stay at places for as long as you want to - Sunset is amazing at the Canyon - we didnt stay this time for sunset but first time we went we did - sets at about 19:45 at the moment

Don't get me wrong it will be a good experience at the West Rim but if you can do the south its much better

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by whitter45]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

24th Jul 13 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously would never do a coach trip, hire a car, if you see something cool you can stop and look at it, plus i hate having to be somewhere at a certain time and told when to leave etc, there is a cool beach on lake mead too

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
3CorsaMeal

24th Jul 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Havent looked at the pics yet as my PC spazzed out, so will check them out later

Worth it imo, saves £10.5k
stuartmitchell

24th Jul 13 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
booked papilon before we travelled -

Do not do the west rim from Vegas its no where near as nice as the South rim. West Rim are the only place they land

Worth the 5 hr drive from Vegas as the difference is night and day

The pics I have posted are from the South rim

Cool, thanks for the tip mate
Nath

24th Jul 13 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
it will spend probably an hour each way picking up and dropping people off in Vegas

I would hire a car and drive to the south rim over the Hoover Dam - its 240 miles so 480 round trip but you will travelling the same on the coach to see less of the canyon - you also cannot take your camera on the skywalk

Also if you hire a car you can stay at places for as long as you want to - Sunset is amazing at the Canyon - we didnt stay this time for sunset but first time we went we did - sets at about 19:45 at the moment

Don't get me wrong it will be a good experience at the West Rim but if you can do the south its much better

Yeah starts at 07:30 but getting picked up at 06:30. TBH just seeing the Canyon will be cool. I'll be sure to go again another time to see more of it. Doing a helicopter flight too which goes over the Dam, Canyon, and back down the strip at night.

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by Nath]
Nath

24th Jul 13 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
seriously would never do a coach trip, hire a car, if you see something cool you can stop and look at it, plus i hate having to be somewhere at a certain time and told when to leave etc, there is a cool beach on lake mead too

I'm the opposite. Rather let somebody do the donkey work and I'll just sit there.
whitter45

24th Jul 13 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yeah starts at 07:30 but getting picked up at 06:30. TBH just seeing the Canyon will be cool. I'll be sure to go again another time to see more of it. Doing a helicopter flight too which goes over the Dam, Canyon, and back down the strip at night.

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by Nath]

sounds good mate enjoy it
Wrighty

24th Jul 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C2RL R

24th Jul 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome mate, brings back loads of memories for me that. I love America, can't believe I haven't been back there since my teen years.
Love your pics too, especially the night time Vegas ones.
I thought Alcatraz was brilliant, this was in the days when they gave you a tape playing Walkman and headphones and that narrated your tour around. How do they do it these days? Mp3?

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by C2RL R]
Nath

24th Jul 13 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics are

Roll on Monday!
N16K

24th Jul 13 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great pics especially the ones off the strip at night. Did you only visit one side (going by your map) of the Salton Sea?
noshua

24th Jul 13 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by C2RL R
Awesome mate, brings back loads of memories for me that. I love America, can't believe I haven't been back there since my teen years.
Love your pics too, especially the night time Vegas ones.
I thought Alcatraz was brilliant, this was in the days when they gave you a tape playing Walkman and headphones and that narrated your tour around. How do they do it these days? Mp3?

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by C2RL R]

Likewise - went to NY/Cali/Nevada etc in a 3 week trip, thinking back it was amazing - Alcatraz is so cool - especially when you're watching TV/Films with it in and you remember everything.

Good pictures - you ran them through some filters in Photoshop?

[Edited on 24-07-2013 by noshua]
kav

27th Jul 13 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sooooo jelous would love to do something like that one day need to start saving me thinks
Russ

27th Jul 13 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whit i'm sure ive asked you before, can i be your girlfriend
Russ

27th Jul 13 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also can i have 2190 and 2232 in big please russgrvs@gmail

ta x
Welsh Dan

27th Jul 13 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks ace. I want to do this at some point, much more than the Route 66 thing.
ljames555

27th Jul 13 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kav
sooooo jelous would love to do something like that one day need to start saving me thinks

He's put it on a credit card (not saying that's bad) but I don't know many people who could afford to blow 5.5k on a holiday without some form of iOU.

What an experience starts pissing me off when you start thinking the world has so much to offer. Out of sight out of mind.

Will be doing vegas within the next few years.

Brilliant pictures btw.
Robbo

27th Jul 13 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome pics as always

What did you make of San Diego? I started seeing an American girl in London, she's just returned to San Diego (she goes to College there)
whitter45

28th Jul 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ljames555
quote:
Originally posted by kav

He's put it on a credit card (not saying that's bad) but I don't know many people who could afford to blow 5.5k on a holiday without some form of iOU.

What an experience starts pissing me off when you start thinking the world has so much to offer. Out of sight out of mind.

Will be doing vegas within the next few years.

Brilliant pictures btw.

Not that it matters but holiday was paid for spend over was on cc as I didn't want to carry 4k cash lol

As the Americans kept saying we are DINKS (Dual Income No Kids) so why not
You will love Vegas

[Edited on 28-07-2013 by whitter45]
whitter45

28th Jul 13 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Awesome pics as always

What did you make of San Diego? I started seeing an American girl in London, she's just returned to San Diego (she goes to College there)

Awesome place San Diego needed more time there lovely beaches and gaslamp quarter is ace

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » West Coast of America Trip - Updated Pics Page 3 23 database queries in 0.0161321 seconds