corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Shit shit shit.....shiiiit...shit it! (video inside)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Shit shit shit.....shiiiit...shit it! (video inside)
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
4th Aug 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine
It's illegal to under take!!! Periode.

No its not. Passing a vehicle moving slower than you are on the left (Undertaking) is legal. Motorcyclists get away with it further by the clause about filtering, which is perfectly legal.

Non-bikers always make me laugh.

Filtering like that is illegal. As said, there are no issues if the traffic is stationary, and if its slow moving, there shouldn't be more than 15mph difference. If you over take on the inside (not undertaking, that's what funeral directors do), its illegal and you're asking for trouble.

There was a reason that they didn't teach it on the various courses I've been on.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Aug 13 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexW
Undertaking is classed as Filtering

You're so small and so fast on a bike, its easy and safe to undertake

"Classed"? What you on about?

Its unsafe in a lot of cases.
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Aug 13 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
What gives him the right to be doing more than 70? He was showing off, how great he is on a bike, and wasn't paying attention to the road ahead, which is more important than what is around you.

Like you don't very often do more than the speed limit? His issue was panicing, rather than just scrubbing a bit of speed and aiming straight down the middle.

quote:
Originally posted by daine
It's illegal to under take!!! Periode.

No its not. Passing a vehicle moving slower than you are on the left (Undertaking) is legal. Motorcyclists get away with it further by the clause about filtering, which is perfectly legal.

Non-bikers always make me laugh.

I know I break the speed limit, but I do it when think it's safe to do so, I don't weave in and out of fast moving traffic, it's just asking for trouble. Passing stopped or very slow traffic is fine, which is filtering.

I am/was a biker, and love them, but these pricks who jump on a bike once a month, and think they're a great rider but don't even know the basic of riding at speed. Make me laugh, when they blame people in cars, that don't see them.
jacko198

4th Aug 13 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikers are mainly wankers tbh.

Serves the guy right tbh.
J100RSA

4th Aug 13 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Bikers are mainly wankers tbh.

Serves the guy right tbh.

Why are bikers mainly wankers? It did serve him right. It's uneducated drivers and people with a bad attitude to bikers that are the wankers we as bikers have as much right to the road as cars.

[Edited on 04-08-2013 by J100RSA]
jacko198

4th Aug 13 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose driving in to london every day has made me think that. They are all over the fooking place as if they own the road. Does my head in tbh seeing some of the shit they do. Squeezing through gaps that don't exist, getting pissed when a car is in the way (when there is nowhere else for the car to to) should I change that to london bikers are all wankers?
J100RSA

4th Aug 13 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
Don't tie all us bikers with the same brush!

Have you ever thought that one through?

J100RSA

4th Aug 13 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's just very poor to see people's attitudes towards bikers yes we can fit through small gaps and we don't have to wait in traffic if you could do it as a car driver you would do it. It dose not do us any good tho with videos of people riding like the one posted here. Drivers do need educating more tho towards bikers

[Edited on 04-08-2013 by J100RSA]
Welsh Dan

4th Aug 13 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The standard of driving/motorcycling/bicycling in London is far worse than anywhere else I've been in the UK. You need eyes everywhere.
SportBoy

4th Aug 13 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If that was me on that bike that video would of been deleted/burned/never of happend . such a fail and so embarrassing.
he must of been busy looking at the rear tyre or the exhaust like most bikers.
SVM 286

4th Aug 13 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

rossnomore

5th Aug 13 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I guess you arn't the sharpest bulb in the box?
SVM 286

5th Aug 13 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stan_the_man

5th Aug 13 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 16:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh bikers do my head in, and then the "think bike" adverts have the NERVE of making car users feel guilty

Had an enthusiastic drive round some local b roads, biker was doing the same in the opposite direction and he opted to get his knee down and come round a blind corner about three feet into my side of the road. I had to swerve when the car was already "loaded" in the opposite direction and I was very close to binning it.

I don't drive so quickly around there anymore, waste of a good road but at least I wasn't picking his teeth out of my radiator.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Brett
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rossnomore
I guess you arn't the sharpest bulb in the box?
Screwdriver short of a picnic, mate
AlexW

5th Aug 13 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Tbh bikers do my head in, and then the "think bike" adverts have the NERVE of making car users feel guilty

Thats because 95% of bike fatalities are caused by car drivers. Car drivers don't think about seeing bikes, so thus, don't see us, pull out in front of us and do other stupid stuff. The same can be said for cyclists too, not being seen etc.
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's nothing to do with Bikers putting their bikes in dangerous positions then? Such as undertaking at motorway speeds, flying around blind corners with their knee down or overtaking close to a junction?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Generation

5th Aug 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whilst I don't know of any evidence agreeing with the above statistic, I would agree that most bike accidents are by drivers.

Obviously there's exceptions

Pisses me off a lot. Be in small amount of traffic and get undertaken by a bike, why my over take? Plenty of room there. Usually get just inform then sit there. Spackers

[Edited on 05-08-2013 by Generation]
AlexW

5th Aug 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
It's nothing to do with Bikers putting their bikes in dangerous positions then? Such as undertaking at motorway speeds, flying around blind corners with their knee down or overtaking close to a junction?

The knee down was obviously a stupid thing, probs thought he could get around it without issue, fucked it up mid corner and at that speed/angle, all you can do is hope, Hence why I left 5% for mistakes and stupid ideas.

Undertaking, which seems to be a huge problem with Corsasport, I have zero problem with, think of how many cars sit in the outside doing a lower speed, I'd happily undertake, I'm Always in a rush. Besides, on a bike, you twist the throttle slightly, you're watching them like a hawk, and by the time they've even thought about anything, biker is out in front.

Anybody with the ability to pass cars easily etc, would do it, and anybody who says they wouldn't is lying. If you had a bike, you'd understand. Just be glad I didn't go with the jealousy thing as some people do.
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But the point is, most car drivers don't expect somebody to be coming past them on that side. When you combine that with the fact bikes are much smaller and can slot into blindspots much easier so you can see why bikes are vulnerable to being sideswiped.

The other thing I've seen a few bikers do is overtake on a road close to a feeder junction. Imagine Car1 moving down an A road and indicating left to leave at a junction. As the car slows the bike goes to overtake. At the same time, Car2 giving way at the junction see's the signalling Car1 and so pulls out, not seeing the bike behind Car1. I've seen this a few times on one particular road, cars can't really get away with it because they're typically not able to accelerate as quick to make the overtake before a bend, but bikes thing that they can accelerate their way out of anything.

Arguably both scenarios are the fault of the car driver - but bikers should be responsible for their own safety and aware that they're hard to see. None of this Luke Leary attitude either of "YOLO", it's the life of the car driver you're ruining whilst your being jetwashed into the gutter.

[Edited on 05-08-2013 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AlexW

5th Aug 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do mostly agree with that, as a bike rider, you have to be wise to car drivers habbits and be careful. I believe its due to that, I didn't crash into a car or have any issues.

Luke isn't typical of most bikers that I've met, I won't go any further into that though.
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 13 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats because 95% of bike fatalities are caused by car drivers.

Source?

Aren't a lot of them single vehicle?
Ian
Site Administrator

5th Aug 13 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also - most bikers I come in to contact with are nobheads.

Impatient, selfish, arrogant.

The only one single thing worse than their standard of driving is the fact that they think they're in the right the whole time while every car driver must be wrong.

Number of times I've had to taken evasive action because of some dickhead I've lost count. And that's towing trailers and all sorts, they generally have no clue of the affect that their selfish, haphazard behaviour is causing.

Personal experience, most of them are dickheads.
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Aug 13 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bikelawyer.co.uk/bike-accident-statistics

quote:
The figures also show that 48% of crashes between motorcycles and cars were the result of the car driver failing to look properly.

Failing to look properly was the most frequent cause of crashes for all vehicles except motorcycles. Motorcyclists were most likely to crash through ‘loss of control’ and also most likely to be the victim of someone else failing to look.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Shit shit shit.....shiiiit...shit it! (video inside) 23 database queries in 0.0145919 seconds