corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Psychics

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Psychics
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
6th Aug 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where my mum used to work a bunch of Physics came in to host an event there.

They all got stuck in a lift and my mum told them they should of seen that coming

I always remember Gurdip, he was special
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
quote:
Originally posted by McWillster
The spastics that believe this shit seem to forget the fact we're just the same as every other living thing on this planet.

Just because we've advanced more (well some of us anyway,) doesn't mean we're going to go to a 'special place'.

Is there a dung beetle heaven and hell?
Is there a zebra heaven and hell?
Is there a lice heaven and hell?

No is there fuck.

That's always my argument. People claim to see ghosts of people... Why never a ferret?

they are always from the 1700's or a world war 1 soldier aswell

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
GB123
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are there no caveman ghosts?

Did they only start a couple of hundred years ago?
John

6th Aug 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tiger
Still, there's no conclusive proof either way, so until there is proof either way, there is no argument to say any of us are right or wrong, only self belief in ones argument.

[Edited on 06-08-2013 by Tiger]

There is proof.

Every single time they've done any scientific work with a 'psychic' they've been caught out.

All the TV ones get caught out. There are plants in audiences etc.

There is lots of proof that nothing paranormal actually goes on.

Some people are easily susceptible to being conned, they can even convince themselves that something is happening.

It's all absolute garbage and as usual, to just say that you can't prove it either way is both incorrect and unbelievable.
Generation

6th Aug 13 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You never see a bloke in his mid 20's on a pier doing it, in a T shirt and shorts.

It's always a 60+ women wearing fkin bed sheds wrapped around her, with glasses on her nose.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
You never see a bloke in his mid 20's on a pier doing it, in a T shirt and shorts.

It's always a mental cunts

efa
Balling
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Or how you thought crop circles were created by aliens
I've never said that!

DC90

6th Aug 13 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh wait maybe this is all real

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1azwe_ptss
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 15:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh wait maybe this is all real

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1azwe_ptss

Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
The spastics that believe this shit seem to forget the fact we're just the same as every other living thing on this planet.

Just because we've advanced more (well some of us anyway,) doesn't mean we're going to go to a 'special place'.

No is there fuck.

That's always my argument. People claim to see ghosts of people... Why never a ferret?

There are sightings of ghosts of animals, usually horses or dogs.
Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Still, there's no conclusive proof either way, so until there is proof either way, there is no argument to say any of us are right or wrong, only self belief in ones argument.

[Edited on 06-08-2013 by Tiger]

There is proof.

Every single time they've done any scientific work with a 'psychic' they've been caught out.

All the TV ones get caught out. There are plants in audiences etc.

There is lots of proof that nothing paranormal actually goes on.

Some people are easily susceptible to being conned, they can even convince themselves that something is happening.

It's all absolute garbage and as usual, to just say that you can't prove it either way is both incorrect and unbelievable.

Not so much psychics, the jury is out on them, but afterlife and ghosts in general, and existence of, is inconclusive, and if it was such an open and shut case, ghosts themselves would be confined to the same chance of a sighting as roger rabbit appearing in 1000's of instances every year, whether proven or not.
Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will just say though, that I've never seen a ghost, and until I do I will remain sceptical, but I do believe that something of our consciousness does remain in the ether, I don't mean in the form of a white sheet with eyes cut out, but something we'll probably never fully understand, and definitely not in our lifetimes.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if there were ghosts then we would be over run with them as far more people and living things have died over the years than are alive today, infact there would be so many that we wouldnt even be talking about it

Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You keep saying 'ghosts' like they are a walking (or floating) article. Much like people assume a UFO is an alien spacecraft.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ghosts, spirits, psychics, fortune tellers, aliens. All fall under the same category.
"Shit that was made up for wierdo's to waste there money on "
DC90

6th Aug 13 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No is there fuck.

There are sightings of ghosts of animals, usually horses or dogs.

I didn't say horses or dogs I said a ferret. People see dogs and horses because people are close to them and have an emotional attachment. Why haven't we got sightings of ghost worms everywhere? All this spirit stuff is out there to make death seem slightly less scary. Everybody wants to think there is' something' after death
Ben G

6th Aug 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got dragged to one of these psychic nights with the other halfs family.

The medium started telling me he felt a strange energy around me and whether I knew someone in the army and lived nearby.

He soon went to someone else when I told him I lived 450 miles away.
John

6th Aug 13 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I will just say though, that I've never seen a ghost, and until I do I will remain sceptical, but I do believe that something of our consciousness does remain in the ether, I don't mean in the form of a white sheet with eyes cut out, but something we'll probably never fully understand, and definitely not in our lifetimes.

It is understood.

Ghosts do not exist.

What exactly causes people to think they have seen something isn't clearly understood (although lots of possibilities). The things aren't really there.

The sort of people who believe in them are probably the sort of people who see them.

wtf is 'the ether'?

Lack of understanding is also another reason for it imo.

quote:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

It is understood.

Ghosts do not exist.

What exactly causes people to think they have seen something isn't clearly understood (although lots of possibilities). The things aren't really there.

The sort of people who believe in them are probably the sort of people who see them.

wtf is 'the ether'?

Lack of understanding is also another reason for it imo.

quote:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

I know you're a staunch believer of 'if you can't see it then it doesnt exist' but I was brought up to have a much more open mind about things we don't understand. Its obviously good that the diversity of the human race challenges what we do, and don't, believe in, but i'm not so sure your 'black and white' approach to life would be easy for many people to exist in.
Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ether

ether or aether, in physics and astronomy, a hypothetical medium for transmitting light and heat (radiation), filling all unoccupied space; it is also called luminiferous ether. In Newtonian physics all waves are propagated through a medium, e.g., water waves through water, sound waves through air. When James Clerk Maxwell developed his electromagnetic theory of light, Newtonian physicists postulated ether as the medium that transmitted electromagnetic waves. Ether was held to be invisible, without odor, and of such a nature that it did not interfere with the motions of bodies through space. The concept was intended to connect the Newtonian mechanistic wave theory with Maxwell's field theory. However, all attempts to demonstrate its existence, most notably the Michelson-Morley experiment of 1887, produced negative results and stimulated a vigorous debate among physicists that was not ended until the special theory of relativity, proposed by Albert Einstein in 1905, became accepted. The theory of relativity eliminated the need for a light-transmitting medium, so that today the term ether is used only in a historical context.

Cavey

6th Aug 13 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness it's not about being open minded, i'm open minded about things, but there are no such things as ghosts. When you die, you die, you get buried and that's it.

People who see "ghosts" are the ones who want to see ghosts, when in fact there's nothing there, or there's something explainable happening that they don't want to believe.

Same as religion. There is no god. Just because people believe in him, doesn't mean it exists. He doesn't.
Tiger

6th Aug 13 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
In fairness it's not about being open minded, i'm open minded about things, but there are no such things as ghosts. When you die, you die, you get buried and that's it.

You're saying there are no such things as ghosts, but there's no proof either way. And there's also no definitive prrof that when our bodies die, part of our conciousness doesnt. Again, its not black and white because no-one knows what happens to our conciousness when we die, obviously our physical presence is no more.

Like I said, I dont believe in ghosts, but I do believe that there is far more than we know and can prove or disprove. Until I see something I cant explain then I will remain sceptical, but not as fiercely as John.
John

6th Aug 13 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am open minded about realistic stuff.

I don't mean to be rude Tiger but you have an 'open mind' because you don't understand any of it.

Not understanding how you can view the interior of a planet (or a rock) without being able to see it with your eyes is a perfect example, and from other posts seems to apply elsewhere.

I know what the word ether means, but I didn't think you did.

Your definition of it doesn't help your case. It was used until (100 years ago) a better explanation of how something worked came out, which made it obsolete.
John

6th Aug 13 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is black and white God doesn't exist, your 'conciousness' (which is just electrical signals in your brain, concepts of which are well understood by science) goes the second your brain has been starved of oxygen for long enough to kill it.
GB123
Premium Member

6th Aug 13 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are always going on about what it's like when you die, what was it like for the billions of years before you existed?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Psychics 23 database queries in 0.0147460 seconds