corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Step Dads Cobra fired up this evening...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Step Dads Cobra fired up this evening...
John G

User status: Offline
9th Aug 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES YES YES
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

10th Aug 13 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
Looks cool as fook, does it have camber compensating suspension on this model?

Yeah I believe it does I know he waited for this chassis to be released when he was looking to build one because of some thing suspension related.

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Is it just me that loves it in that colour is in now?

I quite like it as it is He'll be driving it around in the gel coat so the body can warm up and cool down before it gets paint.

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
needs to be a dark blue or black for sure, so cool, the right wheels too.
Whats the estimated cost all in, my dads always wanted one

Yeah I personally would do it blue.

I wouldn't like to say tbh but there are definitely a few nice cars you could buy for the amount spent on it

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Aug 13 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Around £30k?

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Christopher

10th Aug 13 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely awsome Darryl! Thought it was amazing seeing it when I collected the xe but its certainly come a long way!!
Darryl H
Premium Member

11th Aug 13 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Around £30k?

Probably that plus

Darryl H
Premium Member

11th Aug 13 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
Absolutely awsome Darryl! Thought it was amazing seeing it when I collected the xe but its certainly come a long way!!

Yeah it's probably changed a little since you last saw it, it got sent away not long after you saw it for the exhausts

Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Aug 13 at 17:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too bad then for such an awesome machine

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Dom

11th Aug 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste
quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
I want one of these at some point, not overly fussed if its a replica

Seen the price of a real one? A replica is the only option really. iirc they only made 23 of them

edit: it was 23 super cobras

Could be wrong but wasn't it 23 competition cars, with two of them becoming the leery-as-hell 427 Super Snake's?

When i was looking at them a few years back an original 289 was around the £200k mark, a vanilla 427 being around £300k and you're look at £6/700k+ for a 427 with race history.
There's also a handful of variations of the 289 and 427 that go for similar money - apart from the Super Snake which is worth around the £3m mark.

However there's been a few different companies since then that have took on manufacturing the Cobra eg - aluminium bodied (iirc) Autokraft ('80s) and whoever is behind the carbon fibre bodied AC Cobra CRS ('90s/'00s).
Can pick up a AutoKraft for around £100k and a newer CRS is around £50k. Certainly a fair amount cheaper although it depends on whether or not you class them as 'true' Cobra's.
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Aug 13 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Painted a couple of these on the past. Both on the same wheels as his but one with a older v8 and one with a new shelby v8. That was around the £60k mark.

They sound unreal in person. Proper car that shakes when you rev it.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Step Dads Cobra fired up this evening... 23 database queries in 0.0122941 seconds