corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any police officers or traffic wardens on here?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any police officers or traffic wardens on here?
Ronson

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 13 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Ronson, you seem like a bigger dick than the OP.

Well I've never had a parking ticket and I'm a driver by trade

But I do confess that I am a bit of a cunt, what can I do though its who I am!?
sc0ott

24th Aug 13 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could change your name to Bronson, thatll be a start.
Gaz

24th Aug 13 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a reason London (westminster) came out top for making money on parking. I help run one of the set up's and to be honest, you would need to be very lucky to get away with stuff.

As for the original poster's comment about removing plates... there are alternative ways to get repeat offenders, none of which I will go into however if you are running a business then you should be more professional about your approach and if you want the town jobs, earning the town money, then you have to pay the town fees.
Brett
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
there are alternative ways to get repeat offenders, none of which I will go into however.
'need to know' stuff eh
Ronson

24th Aug 13 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
You could change your name to Bronson, thatll be a start.

LMAO I like that! Might do it.
John

24th Aug 13 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
there are alternative ways to get repeat offenders, none of which I will go into however.
'need to know' stuff eh

Need to know stuff like seeing if there is a company name on the van, or sending someone down if they do it at the same time every day?
johnny86
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
There is a reason London (westminster) came out top for making money on parking. I help run one of the set up's and to be honest, you would need to be very lucky to get away with stuff.

As for the original poster's comment about removing plates... there are alternative ways to get repeat offenders, none of which I will go into however if you are running a business then you should be more professional about your approach and if you want the town jobs, earning the town money, then you have to pay the town fees.

Scaffold lorries are exempt from tickets in Westminster but only Westminster
JordyCarter

26th Aug 13 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this cant be serious who actually takes there plates off just to park lol?
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 13 at 14:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess, the VIN is visible on the dash, or O licence is a public record, go have a look in that and see if there's a vehicle fitting the description in there.

Not difficult at all unless you've done more than taken the plates off, loads of records all over the place of who is running which vehicles.
GB123
Premium Member

26th Aug 13 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
this cant be serious who actually takes there plates off just to park lol?

It's a bit different from just parking to nip in the shop
johnny86
Premium Member

26th Aug 13 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah Ian I covered o license up.. It doesn't matter now paid it and got parking for the other 3 units from tomorrow
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Aug 13 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the truck branded? Most of the O licence decisions are available in the VOSA archives, most are indexed by Google, search for your work postcode filetype:pdf and you'll probably see it.

[Edited on 26-08-2013 by Ian]
Generation

26th Aug 13 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
I never get why parking attendants get so much abuse they are doing their job, if you dont want a ticket dont park illegally/or just pay to park simple as that, as previously said just pay it and be thankful you got away with it previously.

as for contesting it, I imagin you wouldnt really have much of a leg to stand on as clearly its on cctv if they managed to get your plate details.

[Edited on 23-08-2013 by Matt L]

This
johnny86
Premium Member

26th Aug 13 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Branded as in company name? All our lorries are sign written and got personal plates god knows mate only wanted to know if I could of got away with it you know save £130 but the keyboard warriors go all crazy on here still.
Generation

26th Aug 13 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody is being a warrior... You just don't like the answers you're getting.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any police officers or traffic wardens on here? 22 database queries in 0.0127740 seconds