corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ex corsa owners getting back in a corsa...nostagia

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ex corsa owners getting back in a corsa...nostagia
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 13 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are a good base.

I often wonder about a corsa and how it would be now I have tools and can do the mechanical work and have more money. Must get much more for your money than the corrado
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
I still miss my little 1.2! Slow as anything but i loved it! I can see me in the future buying a cheap one

There are still bends into my village that I can't take as quickly in any subsequent cars than I did in my corsa 1.2LS, including an A3 1.8T Sport, A3 Quattro and TT225. In reality, I'm probably much quicker in those cars but in terms of putting a smile on m face, feeling like i was taking those bends at a million mph and general fun, I've not enjoyed any car that I've owned as much as the corsa.
BenC1985

24th Aug 13 at 06:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the process of selling mine. I will miss it but i need to grow up and stop driving a tin can with a loud exhaust. Need to buy something more sensible and a bit safer if i ever did have a crash. If i ever want a "hot hatch" i will buy something thats fast and handles out the box and the corsa isnt that unfortunatly.
BeetleGav

24th Aug 13 at 06:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I miss my corsa even though it was slow. Don't get the same sensation in the z4 when throwing it about as I did in the corsa. The corsa found the limit so quickly is was easy to drive stupid at slow speeds where as the z4's limit is at speeds I'd kill my self so does kinda take the fun out of it.
I will have another B one day, just not a red one.
BenC1985

24th Aug 13 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy mine gav.
BeetleGav

24th Aug 13 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanted too ages ago! I can't now
Well unfair
BenC1985

24th Aug 13 at 07:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably wont drive the corsa again after next week if i go and look at the car i want this weekend. Just need it gone really, and if i have to wheels will sell seperatly and then all the opel bits as i know they will sell quick then sell it much cheaper to get rid as quick as possible.
BeetleGav

24th Aug 13 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will regret it for sure. I certainly regret letting mine go even though there wasn't anything special about it
BenC1985

24th Aug 13 at 07:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We all have regrets in life. Just have to move on to the future Ive loved every minute ive owned it and still do love it i just want a change.
micra_pete
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's natural, I miss my micra
chrex

24th Aug 13 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put a 4-1 exh mani and a decat on my mrs 1.6 Tigra this week, and then drove it to her work. Put a huge smile on my face as it reminded me of my first 1.4 corsa that had a Protec 4-1 on it. Couldnt get comfortable behind the wheel though, the driving position isn't anywhere near as good as the last few cars i've had.
alan-g-w

24th Aug 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by corsa_sean
Im sorry but why are you still on this site ?
this is the problem. place is full of people that dislike what the site is about. and they are happy to poke their nose in at all times.

plus the opinions of a guy who has a car under a sheet and a written off mini should be ignored anyway

[Edited on 23-08-2013 by Nic Barnes]

Written off mini? Missed that.
johnny86
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm building a corsa road/track car for a bit of fun as the wife has stolen my 535d.

Always had fun in my corsa. Even more fun in my 2.0 8v nova on carbs but Novas are too expensive now days otherwise I'd be getting one of those.
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I've neve driven a car that provides as much thrills as a corsa. Most modern cars are computer aided driving not driver aided driving. Corsa is the last of the classic hot hatches.

+1

A 106 might handle better, I had a S1 Rallye as my first car, but I find a Corsa with a big engine great fun to drive, you can find the limit pretty easy, and it won't bite too hard. My old DC2 was amazing you could take corners 20+mph more than a Corsa, but it was so hard to get near the limit on the road, if you got wrong you'd be fucked. I understand if you're trying to win a race you might not start with a Vauxhall, but they are mega fun for the money. imo.
Jambo

24th Aug 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you like that sensation then a Clio182 is what you want. 10x the chassis and control feedback the corsa has. Feels like shell is made from granite rather than cheese
Nic Barnes

24th Aug 13 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If you like that sensation then a Clio182 is what you want. 10x the chassis and control feedback the corsa has. Feels like shell is made from granite rather than cheese
surely if you like the sensation of driving a corsa, then a corsa would be the best option
Steve
Premium Member

24th Aug 13 at 21:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by corsa_sean
Im sorry but why are you still on this site ?
this is the problem. place is full of people that dislike what the site is about. and they are happy to poke their nose in at all times.

plus the opinions of a guy who has a car under a sheet and a written off mini should be ignored anyway

[Edited on 23-08-2013 by Nic Barnes]

Written off mini? Missed that.

Same
alan-g-w

25th Aug 13 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I'm just confused
Steve
Premium Member

25th Aug 13 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mini suffered some very minor scuff type damage when it rolled on a slope due to the handbrake failing after it had been sat there for 15mins.

For some reason Barnes thinks it was written off, needs to get laid imo, weed smoking has made him paranoid.

[Edited on 25-08-2013 by Steve]
Ben G

25th Aug 13 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
I miss my corsa even though it was slow. Don't get the same sensation in the z4 when throwing it about as I did in the corsa. The corsa found the limit so quickly is was easy to drive stupid at slow speeds where as the z4's limit is at speeds I'd kill my self so does kinda take the fun out of it.
I will have another B one day, just not a red one.

Get some shit tyres on the z4, instantly lowers said limit of the car and tries to kill you everytime it rains, and sometimes when its dry

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ex corsa owners getting back in a corsa...nostagia 22 database queries in 0.0118439 seconds