corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Have you sacked someone?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Have you sacked someone?
johnny86
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 13 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ronson
quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
quote:
£80 a day?! Fucking hell I'd work harder than the boss for that!

Want a job?

Scaffolders labourer with cscs is £80 day before tax without cscs £70 a day..

Part 1 scaffolder £100 a day

Part 2 scaffolder £140 a day

Advanced scaffolder £175 a day

That's the basic wages for scaffolders in south east

CSCS only adds a tenner a day on? I have no experience with scaffolding and have a fear of heights wasps and spiders, I could easily get used to heights for £70 a day but if a wasp or bigger than average spider comes near me I'll jump off a 30+ft scaffy tower no problem!

quote:

Thanks mate, our logo for our company is "your erection in safe hands" lol

If I took up your offer of a job could we put that to the test?

Hahahaha The fat bird in office is an ole goer!
Ronson

2nd Sep 13 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Advanced scaffys are on nearly £3000 a month down there after tax?

Even a part 1 scaffy is on over £1500 a month after tax?

Or is my maths wrong?
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 13 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does sound rather lucrative.
Ronson

2nd Sep 13 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently wondering if he's serious and could I hack the heights if he is.
K2 GTi

2nd Sep 13 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A scaffolder on 45,000 a year
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that roughly correct mate, but then tbh it's not like other trades its lugging tubes around all day. I leave mine at 5am and I'm home for 8pm and I don't get paid for travelling either.. Have to buy own ppe etc.

I'm not saying other manual jobs are easier as I know they not but we seem to do a lot more hours.

It all aint good thou.. As we outside if it rains then rain off no pay.

And to get my tickets it cost me £5000 over 3 years
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could sen you pics of the sort of work I do it ain't easy.
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
A scaffolder on 45,000 a year

Before tax
Whittie

2nd Sep 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Never enjoyed sacking someone.

I remember you sacking some ginger lad once, he stayed to have a pint, awkward
Ronson

What exactly do you do? Erect the scaffolding and that's it or once its erected do you do whatever work is needed to the building which would make you a builder too?
K2 GTi

Ok you work in England where 90% of the time it's raining so coming out with about 25,000 is about right
Whittie

2nd Sep 13 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend owns a massive scaffolding business, most of his staff are on 20-35k, depending on experience. 45k seems a lot, especially before tax
Ronson

2nd Sep 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even £25,000 is good money! I'm on way less than that!
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What exactly do you do? Erect the scaffolding and that's it or once its erected do you do whatever work is needed to the building which would make you a builder too?

Nope erect and dismantle the scaffolding that is it.. We only do site work so not little easy jobs off the back of a transit either.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 13 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was involved in someone being sacked, guy was working agency and went for a perm contract. Said on his CV he went to the same uni as me and did the same course, a year later than I was there. Which meant I should have known him from the course because it was a fairly small faculty and there were a lot of inter-year units.

Mentioned in passing to the boss that it was a coincidence that he went there, not really wanting to get him in the shit, but said I didn't remember him having been there.

Brought it up with him and asked if he knew a few of the lecturers and he didn't know anyone, tried to blag it, rather than just admit to me and ask me to keep it on the quiet.

Got a bit nobby with me telling other people I was digging and trying to oust him, when I wasn't really. I said if he's claiming its true, ask him what colour the chairs are in the recreation area. So someone did, and he didn't know, ended up the bosses going to the uni to look up his records which didn't exist, so his app was withdrawn and his agency hours weren't renewed.

Daft thing is his app for a perm contract would have stood exactly the same chance without the degree, that wasn't essential for the interview. And they had more posts than candidates.

Moral, if you're going to lie, each lunch there first.

[Edited on 02-09-2013 by Ian]
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
A friend owns a massive scaffolding business, most of his staff are on 20-35k, depending on experience. 45k seems a lot, especially before tax

It all depends on what firm you are on, there 2 firms around here that pay through the roof but getting on them is a job itself. I've been trying for 2 years to get on alltask scaffolding but its so hard as no one wants to leave because its such a good firm.
Whittie

2nd Sep 13 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Even £25,000 is good money! I'm on way less than that!

To do all the courses available and pass them you can genuinely get decent money. 45k+ seems a bit over estimated though.

It's when you manage a team erecting a large hotel or something which is where you get the dollar in that business.
Ronson

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I was involved in someone being sacked, guy was working agency and went for a perm contract. Said on his CV he went to the same uni as me and did the same course, a year later than I was there. Which meant I should have known him from the course because it was a fairly small faculty and there were a lot of inter-year units.

Mentioned in passing to the boss that it was a coincidence that he went there, not really wanting to get him in the shit, but said I didn't remember him having been there.

Brought it up with him and asked if he knew a few of the lecturers and he didn't know anyone, tried to blag it, rather than just admit to me and ask me to keep it on the quiet.

Got a bit nobby with me telling other people I was digging and trying to oust him, when I wasn't really. I said if he's claiming its true, ask him what colour the chairs are in the recreation area. So someone did, and he didn't know, ended up the bosses going to the uni to look up his records which didn't exist, so his app was withdrawn and his agency hours weren't renewed.

Daft thing is his app for a perm contract would have stood exactly the same chance without the degree, that wasn't essential for the interview. And they had more posts than candidates.

Moral, if you're going to lie, each lunch there first.

[Edited on 02-09-2013 by Ian]

What an idiot lol
John

So you are making 40k+ a year for putting some poles up but can't manage to add the comparative pittance it would cost to park, even in London, onto the job.

Bullshit somewhere.
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 21:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't put the TUBES up John..

And if I could get out of a parking ticket then I will pretty much the same as anyone else tbh.
John

2nd Sep 13 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a pole mate and it wasn't the parking ticket I was talking about. If the jobs are making enough money to pay unskilled workers fairly high wages, an extra 50 quid a day for parking can surely be added onto the quote so you can actually park legally in the first place.
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Number 1 they are scaffold tubes,
Number 2 where in London can you park for £50 a day as if happily pay that,
Number 3 unskilled worker for £70 a day is shit money for the work you got to do,

Number 4 your a cock
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

2nd Sep 13 at 22:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
Number 1 they are scaffold tubes,
Number 2 where in London can you park for £50 a day as if happily pay that,
Number 3 unskilled worker for £70 a day is shit money for the work you got to do,

Number 4 your a cock

I paid £32 to park in the centre of London christmas last year for the day just off oxford street
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Sep 13 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In your lorry?
Seany

3rd Sep 13 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

45k does sound alot. Although the scaffs on the forth rail bridge were on around that. They had to build down the way though which is obviously harder and more dangerous hanging on to a scaff tube 300ft above the water.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Have you sacked someone? 22 database queries in 0.0117681 seconds