corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » NHS Draw

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NHS Draw
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
19th Sep 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've actually disgusted my self by typing DRAW instead of DRAWER..
John

19th Sep 13 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Oh well I'll be sure to give my doctor a quick spelling test in future to make sure he can do his job as that's the new barometer of intelligence and competency.

Plenty of very intelligent people aren't great at spelling. I'd maybe agree if instead of drawer they wrote "toilet seat" but I'd wager a good amount that plenty of people in highly skilled jobs would make the same mistake and they'd still be capable of performing their job to a high standard just fine.

Surely to be classed as highly intelligent you need to be able to spell he word drawer?

Though I agree it was probably not a person with an MD who made the labels

Of course you can be highly intelligent without being able to spell a word, or in this case not spell but incorrect usage of the word.

Einstein was a poor speller but infinitely more intelligent than me.

Intelligence is about far more than spelling ability

Both of you have missed the fact that it's not a spelling issue. I also didn't mention intelligence. A degree or lack of one isn't a reliable gauge of that either.
JonnyJ

19th Sep 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You did mention you wouldn't trust them to do their job well because they used draw instead of drawer which is absolutely ridiculous.

My mate is a terrible speller, in fact I struggle to make sense of the stuff he writes sometimes but he's fantastic at his job, he's been promoted about 3 times in a year and already earns more than I do in a year than I do in 3. I absolutely guarantee he would use draw instead of drawer, yet that doesn't mean he can't excel in his job.

Unless your job is an English teacher/Journalist/author I struggle to see how having a complete grasp of the English language is intrinsically linked to ability to perform in your job.
John

19th Sep 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knowing that a drawer is a drawer isn't the same as knowing the language intimately.

I've not got a complete grasp of English, just enough to get by, spell checker saves me most of (but not all) of the time. Grammar most of the time I manage to get away with.

Draw being stuck onto a drawer is at best laziness, which still isn't a good quality to apply when doing your job.
Nath

19th Sep 13 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wonder how long it's been like that too?!
JonnyJ

19th Sep 13 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Draw and drawer is an easy mistake to make though, because no one pronounces drawer "draw-er" they pronounce it draw. I'd say it's just a simple mistake, nothing catastrophic or even lazy and I certainly wouldn't be put off trusting the person to perform in their job.
Haimsey
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who the fuck pays attention to anything at 8: 04 in the morning, let alone enough to pick up on something like that!

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
alan-g-w

19th Sep 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Draw and drawer is an easy mistake to make though, because no one pronounces drawer "draw-er" they pronounce it draw. I'd say it's just a simple mistake, nothing catastrophic or even lazy and I certainly wouldn't be put off trusting the person to perform in their job.

Pronounced 'draw-er' up here in the land of proper speak
Hammer

19th Sep 13 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All joking aside it's an English thing, never seen or heard even the most retarded of people up here confuse 'draw' with 'drawer' in that context.

In fact I bet even ]v[ark would spell that properly, or at least attempt it.
Cavey

19th Sep 13 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Haimsey
Who the fuck pays attention to anything at 8: 04 in the morning, let alone enough to pick up on something like that!

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Haimsey]

You've seen Johns posts before haven't you?

Misspelling drives me crazy. I didn't use a company to recycle my phone because they misspelt something on the print outnsheet, Its ridiculous that supposedly professional companies have mistakes on things like that.

However in this case, as said, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a doctor who made the labels
Cavey

19th Sep 13 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At work (Royal Mail) there's a note on the lift to "push the yorks all the way to the back otherwise it messes up the census" ... Someone corrected it to sensers....

However that's to be expected as its unqualified work donenlargely by spasticated retards
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
All joking aside it's an English thing, never seen or heard even the most retarded of people up here confuse 'draw' with 'drawer' in that context.

In fact I bet even ]v[ark would spell that properly, or at least attempt it.

the obsession continues!!
taylorboosh

19th Sep 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it bad that i thought we were laughing at the fact they are numbered?
Eck
Premium Member

19th Sep 13 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Oh well I'll be sure to give my doctor a quick spelling test in future to make sure he can do his job as that's the new barometer of intelligence and competency.

Plenty of very intelligent people aren't great at spelling. I'd maybe agree if instead of drawer they wrote "toilet seat" but I'd wager a good amount that plenty of people in highly skilled jobs would make the same mistake and they'd still be capable of performing their job to a high standard just fine.

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by JonnyJ]

A quote I'm sure you'll have heard by now:
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's whole life believing that it is stupid".

[Edited on 19-09-2013 by Eck]
Shell
Premium Member

20th Sep 13 at 05:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

touché Alex.

Just a thought, but had anyone considered that maybe, just maybe, the elusive sign maker was actually writing shorthand?! Just a thought like...
Robin
Premium Member

21st Sep 13 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

Misspelling drives me crazy. I didn't use a company to recycle my phone because they misspelt something on the print outnsheet, Its ridiculous that supposedly professional companies have mistakes on things like that.

John

21st Sep 13 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
touché Alex.

Just a thought, but had anyone considered that maybe, just maybe, the elusive sign maker was actually writing shorthand?! Just a thought like...

Name me one time you've seen draw used as shorthand for drawer?
Nic Barnes

21st Sep 13 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who cares?
John

21st Sep 13 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobody asked you fatty.
Shell
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 06:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by Shell
touché Alex.

Name me one time you've seen draw used as shorthand for drawer?

In that photo.

Nic Barnes

22nd Sep 13 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nobody asked you fatty.
fuckin hell maybe 2010 I was fat, you're very wrong now though. Like normal I guess, you being wrong and that.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's a big mistake to make. Degree in medicine (or anything) is not indicative of actually being any good at that subject.

Agree with this
sc0ott

22nd Sep 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do we know for sure what they 'actually' mean though? We can all see they are drawers, maybe it means something else?
GB123
Premium Member

22nd Sep 13 at 09:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Do we know for sure what they 'actually' mean though? We can all see they are drawers, maybe it means something else?

Colouring pencils and paper imo
sc0ott

22nd Sep 13 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » NHS Draw 23 database queries in 0.0169480 seconds