corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Wheeler Dealers series on Discovery.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Wheeler Dealers series on Discovery.
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Oct 13 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just watched the Elise episode tonight, really enjoyed it.

The head porting was interesting, and the corner weighting bit was good to - want to get mine done over winter.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also didn't realise Elises' have proper flat floors - well cool

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

17th Oct 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the elise was nicely done up. Had to laugh at mike brewer taking up half the passenger seat and eds legs touching to the roof whilst driving.
MarkM

17th Oct 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it just me who does a quick check of Autotrader after every episode thinking you can do something similar with whatever car they had on?

That Elise looked a steal at 8 and a bit even with what needed doing!
Kyle T
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love an Elise tbh, but I think a kitcar will win out when I get space for a proper weekend car!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

17th Oct 13 at 22:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant see 30bhp from porting the head.. just no way.

its interesting that they talked about corner weighting yet didn't mention changing stiffness of the shocks.

still wouldn't pay £13k for an elise tho, especially when you could get a 260bhp s/c vx for 10k.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 06:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see ive been thinking of an elise or vx for a while now I dont use my car daily.
But how tall is Ed? Im worried I would look like him driving one

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was poking around on PH and they said the same about the headwork not being worth 30bhp, more like 10-15.

Ed did look pretty funny, I'm 6'2" so I reckon I'd just about get away with one, since Ed is about 9 feet tall.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle, you would be fine in one.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/vauxhall/vx220/vauxhall-vx220-16v-------------------2002/1651930

Im the same hopefully then

See this is exactly what I want. mods I would choose too. 2.2 engine ok?

chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2.2 engine is a bit gutless on longer tracks tbh (5.5 -60 and 140mph top) but coupled with decent tyres, suspension its fucking fabulous on track!

What you would beed gav is a stg 2 (260bhp) s/c conversion. Perfect bear in mind. A 260bhp 2.2 will be gaster than any exige (bar the new v6) in a straight line (as a comparison for speed) and after some suspension mods, tyres and brakes its just as good on corners.

Normally on track there is no lotus faster than a vx unless its a lot race car and even them, marginal difference.
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That one above has all of the things you listed barring charger. To be fair standard would do me first as its a nice light car and my first rwd.
Will miss charger power though and I do love the civic

chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had a good read and yup, thats pretty much spot on for a starter track vx.. I bet its just as fast around track as your civic aswell.
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would love a vx220 or Elise. But it's the getting in and out I can't do. Once in its fine but just seem to crawl and fall out of it.

Is there a correct way of doing it? I'm only 5'11"

[Edited on 18-10-2013 by Graeme]
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 16:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup. You can see how here.

http://youtu.be/pTUo7eY7ZII

I can get in the vx as fast as in any other car.
Graeme
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And out?
Ben G

18th Oct 13 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chris, you slot in like a boss never seen someone drop in so fast!

I'd love a vx220 but theres no way i'd be able to get in/out as easily as that. I have trouble getting out my.car sometimes :lol
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
And out?

i will take a vid this weekend for you getting in and out.

once you know how, its a piece of piss and im a fat bastard.
Gsi_Ire

18th Oct 13 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jaysus, last vx i saw for sale here in the republic was going for something like €6k..... whats that, like £4k???

may keep any eye out if for no other reason to try and selling one over to the uk. they rarely come up for sale here thought
chris_uk
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graeme
And out?

not like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFbJ8JGBBKE

or like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tL7y7E_hGA

[Edited on 18-10-2013 by chris_uk]
gavin18787
Premium Member

18th Oct 13 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Just had a good read and yup, thats pretty much spot on for a starter track vx.. I bet its just as fast around track as your civic aswell.

Probably a fair bit quicker to be fair barring the straights
Once the gf moves into mine il put sharing her punto to her and me getting one hehe

Tomnova16
Premium Member

22nd Oct 13 at 21:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy who bought the Cadillac "Milos" he owns Chiswick automotive, asked to buy my Porsche a few weeks back.
How random.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Root

23rd Oct 13 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Edd's about 6 foot 6.
Kyle T
Premium Member

24th Oct 13 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Cadillac could have done without the tattoos, was pretty smart other than that though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

24th Oct 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed. Seems like they're trying to do too much to these cars now.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » New Wheeler Dealers series on Discovery. 23 database queries in 0.0165601 seconds