corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cancer/health aware campaigns

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cancer/health aware campaigns
Russ

User status: Offline
26th Oct 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
I think we will never cure cancer because it brings too much money to the NHS. Also it keeps the population under control.
.... you do know how the NHS works dont you...
JordyCarter

26th Oct 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah its free. But think about it, all the medicine etc costs somebody, so money is being spent, its business. Without cancer a large part of the hospitals service would be gone. Its a shame but i think thats how we are today.

[Edited on 26-10-2013 by JordyCarter]
alan-g-w

26th Oct 13 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bigron1988
quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I agree. Awareness is good but it turns someone with the flu into a paranoid wreck.

A family friend died last week after fighting cancer for 3 and a half years, so I hope it's ok that I have an opinion, bigronben

didnt say he couldn't have a opinion did i?, i just think if all these adverts can make a few more people get diagnosed a bit earlier and save there lives its worth some people getting annoyed with it.

This, even if the surgeries are being overcrowded.

I always think it's a bit ironic to complain about advertising as well, means they're doing their job well at the end of the day
SVM 286

26th Oct 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I think we will never cure cancer because it brings too much money to the NHS. Also it keeps the population under control.

Russ

26th Oct 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah its free. But think about it, all the medicine etc costs. Without cancer a large part of the hospitals service would be gone. Its a shame but i think thats how we are today.
fuck me

you are either a troll, or a full on spastic
JordyCarter

26th Oct 13 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:

Think what you want its just my opinion svm
SVM 286

26th Oct 13 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Were you joking or serious Jordy? I wasn't sure, hence the multiple lol faces and only one facepalm.
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
quote:

Think what you want its just my opinion svm

You bellend.

If any one makes money from illness its the pharmaceutical companies. Cancer COSTS the NHS bazillions

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
alan-g-w

26th Oct 13 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with Jordy but think who dispense the pharmaceutical companies' drugs Kyle before you start calling people bellends
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Distributing at whos expense?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
alan-g-w

26th Oct 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on, if it's to the point that Jordy's talking about the cunts in the NHS are going to be getting serious backhanders i.e them and the pharmaceutical mobs probably aren't going to care about cost to NHS
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah true I suppose. I can't decide what's worse, the great Cancer scam or the time the NHS paid NASA to fake the moon landings.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are parts of economics which view things like healthcare and defence as contributing the economy of a country. ie. loads of people working and on salaries, costs you tax money but you get back tax plus the economic benefit of the money being used to buy other things, VAT etc., plus the money the shopkeeper then spends on themselves etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_multiplier

quote:
The multiplier effect is a tool used by governments to attempt to stimulate aggregate demand. This can be done in a period of recession or economic uncertainty. The money invested by a government creates more jobs, which in turn will mean more spending and so on.

The idea is that the net increase in disposable income by all parties throughout the economy will be greater than the original investment. When that is the case, the government can increase the gross domestic product by an amount that is greater than an increase in the amount it spends relative to the amount it collects in taxes.

ie. keep people ill, gives you a great vote-winning way to keep a large portion of the population employed, while also stimulating the economy.

I don't really believe that's the reason we haven't yet cured cancer but everyone laughing at that particular reply should probably consider the background to it and whether disease is actually as undesirable as you might imagine.

You only need to look at Labour's approach to recession, borrow to spend, to see how you might want to keep running hospitals.

[Edited on 26-10-2013 by Ian]
John

26th Oct 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are most definitely drugs being held back and diseases that could be cured which aren't yet because of pharmaceutical politics. Cancer isn't one of them, it would be better for everyone if they could cure, not prevent cancer. If it's curable they still make loads of money selling the drugs.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know enough to say whether cures are being held back. I just have a reason why they might be.
John

26th Oct 13 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most things in the world are monetary somewhere along the line.
DaveyLC

26th Oct 13 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
.... you do know how the NHS works dont you...

That comment tickled me too

The NHS is NOT a profit making organisation by any means
DaveyLC

26th Oct 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
ie. keep people ill, gives you a great vote-winning way to keep a large portion of the population employed, while also stimulating the economy.

Ian, Are you seriously suggesting Cancer is a Conspiracy?

The reason its not been cured is that there are so many causes and variations.. You can't actually wipe it out like a virus or disease because its normally caused by genetic mutations and if you stopped those you'd switch off evolution.

Even if Pharmaceutical companies found a one-stop cure for each case of cancer they would still be absolutely raking it in.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, I just didn't want a comment about health being profitable to over-ruled because people weren't considering both sides. I also did say that I don't believe there is a genuine withholding in the case of cancer.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
The NHS is NOT a profit making organisation by any means

It is good for the economy though is it not? Hence why you borrow your way out of recession by stimulating your loss-leading public sector?
DaveyLC

26th Oct 13 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but the general idea behind that little scheme is to have them doing jobs that are unnecessary and over-staffed

I'm not sure Nurses, Doctors and most other front-line areas of the NHS could be described as Over-staffed and unnecessary
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 16:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The economy isn't going to care about that though is it?
DaveyLC

26th Oct 13 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think any part of the NHS or even the whole Well-fare state could be described as 'good for the economy' .. Good for society maybe..
Ian
Site Administrator

26th Oct 13 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the basis for Labour's recovery plan! They very much believe its good!
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 13 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you imagine ed miliband in charge of the country. Jesus wept.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cancer/health aware campaigns 23 database queries in 0.0185668 seconds