corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my winter alloys painted... ;)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Had my winter alloys painted... ;)
big eck

User status: Offline
15th Nov 13 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Wtf, not only do
I find it weird people need different wheels in the winter, you've actually paid to have yours refurbed :/ defeats the point no?

I had mine done black for the winter. Purely because keeping the white wheels clean was a fuckin nightmare.

Regarding the actual thread tho I'm not a fan on the orange. Red would have been my choice if it was a bright colour I was after.

[Edited on 15-11-2013 by big eck]
gazza808

15th Nov 13 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I even prefer your winter wheels too your summer wheels.
Toby
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 00:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't understand people that fit wheels that wouldn't be there first choice for 4/5 months of th year. Money wasted painting these a daft colour could refurb the normal wheels if your that convinced a bit of salt and grit is going to damage them that much.
djgritt
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like them
Jambo

16th Nov 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neoquip
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Gun metal grey would have looked nicer IMO

why would I want my 17" winter alloys the same colour as my 19" summer alloys? :doh:

I don't know, guess that would be really "weird". Best paint them luminous orange instead.

neoquip

16th Nov 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
I don't understand people that fit wheels that wouldn't be there first choice for 4/5 months of th year. Money wasted painting these a daft colour could refurb the normal wheels if your that convinced a bit of salt and grit is going to damage them that much.

because I can
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RAL 2009 isn't luminous orange Jambo, it's rescue boat orange; it's quite dark in real life comparatively; there are much brighter oranges.
RichR
Premium Member

16th Nov 13 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and I like it, not keen on the smilie but each to their own.
SVM 286

16th Nov 13 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SVM 286
I think they look nicer in the evening shot than the daytime one. Are you going to orange-up anything else on the car? What colour are your Summer wheels?

last years blue winter wheels...http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8241/8561882313_a639bb624e_c.jpg

Summer fun... 19" Prodrive GT2 alloys
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7354/9121425602_c32e60ff3e_c.jpg
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5467/9119198769_2023ea13d7_c.jpg

Nice one Neo. Cheers I actually think the orange looks better than the blue.

I think the summer wheels are nice, but the pattern is a little on the fussy side for the shape of the car. If anything, the style of the orange rim seems to suit the car better for me (probably because it looks like a rally orientated wheel).
Generation

16th Nov 13 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Exactly
Toby
Premium Member

17th Nov 13 at 12:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

because I can

I think we are aware you can. Question is why? Do you not want your car to look at its best all year round?
Paul_JC

19th Nov 13 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not the biggest fan but to those saying they don't understand the winter wheels part... Well not everyone does it but some people actually run a winter tyre on their winters so there is more of a purpose than just not wanting to scuff up their other wheels.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Nov 13 at 08:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As always those stickers are fucking crap

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Had my winter alloys painted... ;) 22 database queries in 0.0162680 seconds