corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eCigs

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eCigs
SteveW

User status: Offline
8th Jan 14 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of mates have ordered from here..

http://shmovapes.co.uk/
Ellis

8th Jan 14 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
its causing her no harm
Has this been proved yet?

Compare inhaling a mix of nicotine and vegetable glycerin / propylene glycol to the batch of chemicals you get from a cigarette e.g. arsenic, cyanide's etc. I'm sure you'll find the risks are much lower indeed.
Balling
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ellis
Compare inhaling a mix of nicotine and vegetable glycerin / propylene glycol to the batch of chemicals you get from a cigarette e.g. arsenic, cyanide's etc. I'm sure you'll find the risks are much lower indeed.
So "better than cigarettes" = "no harm"?

I'm not saying it IS harmful, I'm saying I've seen nothing definitive either way.

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure i heard something on the radio or tv the other day about ecigs having a silly high quantity of arsenic or something like that in...
Ellis

8th Jan 14 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
im sure i heard something on the radio or tv the other day about ecigs having a silly high quantity of arsenic or something like that in...

They may well do, but not from what I've researched. If they did, I'd hazard a guess that the concentrations and quantities are massively lower. All non accredited research indicates they are much less harmful than normal cigarettes. Regardless of the outcome, any government approved research isn't going to recommend these let's face it.

Re not being harmful, agreed there is no research to say they are either way however what is 'not harmful' these days.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Jan 14 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I havnt bothered looking at any research. Atall
So I don't know tbh.
I agree they will be less harmful. But all these people that go on about how there not bad for you atall. And these kids that have taken up smoking them because it's the cool trend. I think it's sad.
End of the day your putting chemicals and stuff into your lungs that Arnt suppost to be there. So they will be harmful in some form
p

8th Jan 14 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never smoked a whole cigarette in my entire life.... Probably quite weird in a way

I think I've had a 'puff' many moons ago, but can't really remember. Had a few light puffs of the green stuff, but never a whole one think it was called a 'toke'
Bart

8th Jan 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
I've never smoked a whole cigarette in my entire life.... Probably quite weird in a way

Nope, I would say quite sensible.
I am the same myself.

See no logic in pissing money down the drain, increasing health problems and giving yourself a bad smell.
Tommy

8th Jan 14 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried lots of Ecigs and this kit is bar far the best and very well priced.

http://myepack.co.uk/mini-protank-2-kit.html

No leaking, good battery good vape.
John

8th Jan 14 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I correct in thinking there are no laws governing these yet, they are being brought in next year?

If so, you've got absolutely no idea what's in them, probably rat piss.
3CorsaMeal

8th Jan 14 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does taste like it sometimes. If your juice runs dry it tastes like nothing I can describe. Have to reach for the nearest thing to eat or drink before the taste makes you puke.

CorsAsh

9th Jan 14 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
My 91 year old grandmother has just started using these after smoking for 70 years. We got them for her as she kept dropping bits of burning cig down herself... Says she even prefers it, and we can visit her now without choking.

Took her a while to believe the glowing light in the end wasn't actually hot

So smoking isn't all that bad, smoked for 70yrs and reached 92yrs.

I wouldn't like to be 92yrs, must be crap.

Smoked for 70 years, no trace of lung cancer. Suffering from stomach cancer now.

Already asked her if she's been swallowing the dimps all these years.
Cole

9th Jan 14 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a tornado tank from vapouroom.co.uk had it 7 weeks now and love got the flavour of cola bottles at the moment much nicer than normal fags
Robin
Premium Member

11th Jan 14 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
its causing her no harm

Propylene glycol is used (diluted) in pink antifreeze. I'm not sure if want to fill my lungs with that.
Ben G

11th Jan 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

I think I've had a 'puff' many moons ago, but can't really remember. Had a few light puffs of the green stuff, but never a whole one think it was called a 'toke'

I've never even had a single puff. Never interested me.

mate in work had one of these e cig things last night that smelled like red bull. Unsure whats exactly in it but he seemed happy.
evilrob
Premium Member

11th Jan 14 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
quote:
quote:
its causing her no harm

Propylene glycol is used (diluted) in pink antifreeze. I'm not sure if want to fill my lungs with that.

It is used in pink NON-TOXIC antifreeze, you're right. They used to use ethylene glycol in antifreeze which is super toxic to humans and other animals. Of the ingredients in pink antifreeze, Propylene Glycol is the one you should be the least concerned about.

It's completely safe, non-carcinogenic and used in loads of stuff you put in or on your body - toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving foam, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, hand soaps, washing up liquid, laundry detergent, ice cream...

[Edited on 11-01-2014 by evilrob]
jacko198

11th Jan 14 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Smokers are jokers. The end
Dean_W

11th Jan 14 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Am I correct in thinking there are no laws governing these yet, they are being brought in next year?

The law is changing so only licensed firms can manufacture them as they are deemed to be a medical device. Or something along those lines.
evilrob
Premium Member

11th Jan 14 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:

The law is changing so the government can tax it.

Fixed that for you.
Dean_W

11th Jan 14 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob

Fixed that for you.

C2RL R

11th Jan 14 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha that is very true. Not smoked since this time on Tuesday. Not used the ecig half as much as I expected either. It's going well.
Cavey

11th Jan 14 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
quote:
quote:
its causing her no harm

It is used in pink NON-TOXIC antifreeze, you're right. They used to use ethylene glycol in antifreeze which is super toxic to humans and other animals. Of the ingredients in pink antifreeze, Propylene Glycol is the one you should be the least concerned about.

It's completely safe, non-carcinogenic and used in loads of stuff you put in or on your body - toothpaste, mouthwash, shaving foam, shampoo/conditioner, body wash, hand soaps, washing up liquid, laundry detergent, ice cream...

[Edited on 11-01-2014 by evilrob]

love when people say things like that. The stuff used in coca cola is used to clean battleships and guff like that
John

11th Jan 14 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:

Fixed that for you.

That's probably true. It's also because they make bubblegum flavour stuff, which is obviously to attract kids.

Point still stands that anything could be in it unless someone has done a chemical breakdown to check.
C2RL R

11th Jan 14 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tests have been done on a few brands in New Zealand, http://www.healthnz.co.nz/RuyanCartridgeReport30-Oct-08.pdf for example. It is legal to buy the stuff containing nicotine there like it is in Europe. No tests have been done here yet so it is illegal to sell the nicotine variety but you can import it.
p

11th Jan 14 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by p

I've never even had a single puff. Never interested me.

mate in work had one of these e cig things last night that smelled like red bull. Unsure whats exactly in it but he seemed happy.

Chap.

Ironically I met a guy the other day that owns a company that sells these things

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eCigs 23 database queries in 0.0134699 seconds