corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » snow foam stuff.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author snow foam stuff.
Baskey

User status: Offline
3rd Feb 14 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a £45 lance, think it has AG on it or something. I can't tell any difference between mine and my mates ebay jobby other than mine has a fancy plastic bottle.

Also I have found most snow foam to be pritty shit, I use bilt hamber now, it doesn't stick to the car as long as most but I find that it actually does do some cleaning, it's also under £20 delivered
Kyle T
Premium Member

3rd Feb 14 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My £45 one stopped foaming - so I dismantled it and ordered a £25 one just in case I couldn't sort it (they're Yorkshire based btw).

I've since sorted it, using parts from the £25 one - in fact I ordered a new filter and now have both of them working exactly the same.

Every single component is interchangeable on each one, they're IDENTICAL.

In terms of whether Snowfoaming actually works, back when I was first trying snowfoaming (and trying to justify it to myself) I did some 50:50 tests on the car... well, best I could.

It most certainly makes a difference, although it doesn't magically make dirt fall off the car - it's still the rinsing part that actually does that - but it will cut much more into the greasy film that our cars end up covered in.

I see it like using washing up liquid. You can clean a plate without it, but 5mins soaking in hot soapy water makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Snowfoaming probably costs me an extra 25mins per wash, and I wouldn't still be doing it every wash if I didn't feel it was worth doing.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
smcGSI16V

3rd Feb 14 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless you have a dishwasher and take the car to a car wash.
evilrob
Premium Member

3rd Feb 14 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by evilrob
If you sign up for an account, add it to your basket and then don't buy it, within a couple of days they usually send you a voucher for free delivery, and if you still don't bite they sometimes follow up with a 7.5% discount code.

I tested this - and got a code for free next day delivery. U2U me if you want it.

Will report back if they follow up with a cheeky discount.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Feb 14 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My foam gun stopped working very well, still does the foam, but half of it just dribbles out the end of gun instead of it blasting against the car and making a noise that reminds me of ghostbusters 2 (when the marshmallow man exploded)

@Kyle, i dismantled it, ran everything through the ultrasonic cleaner but its still crap. Might try a new mesh filter thingy, or even considered trying it without the filter.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Feb 14 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the filter seemed to fix it for me, I soaked it in that Iron-X stuff over night, didn't make a difference - but the replacement filter from the "cheaper" lance fixed it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
3CorsaMeal

4th Feb 14 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will try that then. Ran mine in the ultra sonic cleaner. But didn't do anything.

Proper mashed the gun up trying to take it apart.
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Feb 14 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make sure you PTFE/Loctite it back up again, or you'll get wet

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
N16K

4th Feb 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read "Detailing World" as you will get to know what is worth paying for and what is not. I remember not long ago a new products post made by a certain detailing company, that they had found and were going to sell a particular product because of its colour. I would guess branded as their own.

Back to snow foam lance, cheap ebay will be the same just not a brand to boast about.
John

4th Feb 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need to be careful reading through detailing world, full of the aforementioned people who go out their way to justify spending a fortune when it's really not required.
3CorsaMeal

9th Feb 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried fixing mine today. Took the mesh filter out altogether. Comes out like a really fine mist now.

Think I will just buy a new gun. What was the conclusion these days? Do I need to spend £50 odd or not?
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Do I need to spend £50 odd or not?

No, http://www.directhoses.net/products/snow-foam-lance

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=183611

My recommendation.
3CorsaMeal

9th Feb 14 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They all look very similar. The one I have was an autobrite one from a few years back.

Might try a new mesh bit. Not sure how that effects the foam but certainly weird without it.
Graeme
Premium Member

9th Feb 14 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need a mesh filter in. That's the thing that will cause the issues. Needs to be very clean.
3CorsaMeal

9th Feb 14 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a new one. Soaked the old one in acetone then set it on fire and repeated that a few times. Deffo feels more springy now.

Couldn't be bothered to test it as put pressure washer away.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » snow foam stuff. 23 database queries in 0.0140100 seconds