corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would it bother you... (house day, sorta)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Would it bother you... (house day, sorta)
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 14 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ that's the reason I've ended up 18 miles from my parents - pissed of with living under the Heathrow flightpath (in the queens home town FFS )

Sat in my garden at the weekend on my foldy camper chair marvelling at the fact I couldn't hear a single aeroplane (or the M4 at that )

[Edited on 02-06-2014 by pow]
djgritt
Premium Member

2nd Jun 14 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite happy living over 120 miles from my Parents, have done for 11 years now so I'm used to it, and it works out well. My work pattern is too irregular and occasionally intense, so I see them at my leisure.

Don't want to live close to the In-laws either, currently about 5 miles away and that is a pain in the arse as it is, her mother is so dependent on her it's frustrating.

Unfortunately, it looks like we are going to have to move closer to them to buy an afforable property. Not looking forward to that but may have to just lump it.
Jambo

3rd Jun 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where you move to pow?
Andrew

6th Jun 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few valid points. Living 100 miles away is a good excuse to not visit very often but also if you have young kids living within a few miles can also mean parents being around a bit to often.
c20let

7th Jun 14 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My back garden looks onto mum and dads driveway. Can just jump the wall , cross the road and I'm there.
Really handy living so close, especially as my mum looks after the wee man couple of times a week. Handy for work too, as our yard is down there.

My granny lives next door to them so she gets to see my son all the time too.
MatthewR

7th Jun 14 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love to live near my folks tbh

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Would it bother you... (house day, sorta) 22 database queries in 0.0631480 seconds