corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda 3 MPS

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mazda 3 MPS
broster
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jun 14 at 06:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also having driven 100's of focus st's in various states of tune, Mazda was a much much better car to drive and to look at IMO!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

14th Jun 14 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by Robin
Ask Graham88 about driveshaft prices

Big bucks?

I had a gearbox mount fail in mine, gearbox dropped down pulled the shaft out and spat all the bits out everywhere, new short shaft from dealer was about 250.
Good cars, heavy on fuel, I would let the road tax put you off. I'm thinking of a Mazda 6 mps at the moment.

2.3 4cyl turbo. Chassis has a lot in common with the focus st.

Hardly that expensive then. I was expecting a good few hundred!
Guessing you had the mk1 then? What was it like on the juice? Around the 25 mark?

quote:
Originally posted by broster
Also having driven 100's of focus st's in various states of tune, Mazda was a much much better car to drive and to look at IMO!

Thank god you said that. Really don't like the ST's. Haha
pow
Premium Member

15th Jun 14 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather have one over a focus.
Jambo

15th Jun 14 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like them as I do ST's but they have such similar running costs to proper cars I wouldn't bother!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

15th Jun 14 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I like them as I do ST's but they have such similar running costs to proper cars I wouldn't bother!

Proper cars such as?
Jambo

16th Jun 14 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, if you want a hot hatch there are plenty that are cheaper and some arguably better. For the money these are there is a lot of proper wheel drive stuff and mid engined etc...

Horses for courses at the end of the day, but I know where my money would go
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yes, if you want a hot hatch there are plenty that are cheaper and some arguably better. For the money these are there is a lot of proper wheel drive stuff and mid engined etc...

Horses for courses at the end of the day, but I know where my money would go

I didn't mean it in a bitchy way by the way buddy

Problem is for some reason my insurance shoooots up when I get a quote on anything rwd
And in guessing your talking about 3 series or m3's?
If so... honest opinion I really don't like bmw's atall.
Jambo

16th Jun 14 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt think you did mate

Thats fair enough, theres plenty other options tho!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jun 14 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Didnt think you did mate

Thats fair enough, theres plenty other options tho!

What others would you suggest mr jam?

I don't even know if I want to swop cars yet haha. Just keep looking at everything at the moment
Graham88

17th Jun 14 at 04:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road tax £485
Long driveshaft is £450, CV joints don't come separately so if a CV joint goes you have to replace the whole shaft and it's Mazda only, I had 2 shafts from a motor factors and one exploded at 120 mph and the other destroyed the bearings at Nurburgring. Bought a Mazda one and never had a problem after.
They share platforms with the Focus ST so some things are better to buy from Fords.
Brake pads are cheaper to buy for a Focus ST than a 3 MPS (About £120 for DS2500's, £155 for 3 MPS)
Modifications are expensive, almost everything needs imported if you're going to buy new, 2nd hand parts are few and far between

What a car though, epic to drive, really nice inside, seats are so so comfy, bose sound system, xenons etc. Power delivery is really nice it's not too brutal, it's not got bad torque steer like people say, I used mine on several track days and it was fine. Considering the abuse it got it held up very well, I just wanted something more suitable for track days.

My info and experiences are 3 years old now though, my car was only 2-3 years old when I owned it so things might be different now, people might have found out more info and shared parts on them that make them cheaper to maintain, the mazda forums are the best way to find out.

You won't regret owning one, just go and get a test drive on one if you can. Mine responded well to breathing mods and made 288bhp, I was neck and neck with stage 2 Focus ST's or Astra VXR's. I can only imagine how fast it would be with a remap, I think brosters was remapped. Only 1 company mapped them when I had mine and I wouldn't let them touch my car with a barge pole, thats why I never mapped it
pow
Premium Member

17th Jun 14 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot about the Bose, gives me jealousy everytime I drive it
Norcy91

18th Jun 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Selling your Mini? I want another one, should never have got rid of mine!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

19th Jun 14 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure tbh norcy. Why you interested? Haha
Graham88

22nd Jun 14 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Forgot about the Bose, gives me jealousy everytime I drive it

Such a good sound system, and a touch that it had which I've never seen before, 6 cd disc changer that was controlled through the cd player, none of this loading it into the boots etc, just load it like normal CD's and select what number to replace or put it into, very nice touch

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Mazda 3 MPS 22 database queries in 0.0146410 seconds