corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Job interview Nurves.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Job interview Nurves.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 14 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by p
Hang on a cotton' pickin' minute! I thought he was joking when he spelt it 'nurves' fucking hell, man

This Jesus wept.

Don't get why it's such a big deal I spelt a word wrong?

As for those who actually offered advice. Thanks I appreciate it.

I've got some kalms at home shell I'll give them a try. Better than nothing.

Haha pow I'll be scrubbing for about a week to clean my hands.

Thanks willay. I've already done abit of research last night after I heard about my interview. Will be doing a lot more too. Not sure why but I get like this over a lot of things to be honest. Things I shouldn't bother about get me bricking it
p

22nd Aug 14 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forget it

Any who.... Nerves. Do you smoke? A cigarette before hand? Chewing gum? A quick small alcoholic drink? You can also get stuff in the chemist, some sort of spray that you put on your tongue that can help. Just try and relax as much as possible really.
Russ

22nd Aug 14 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried asking advice on a modified hatchback forum?
LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Aug 14 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, smoke a fat one bit before you go in.
K2 GTi

22nd Aug 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Forget it

Any who.... Nerves. Do you smoke? A cigarette before hand? Chewing gum? A quick small alcoholic drink? You can also get stuff in the chemist, some sort of spray that you put on your tongue that can help. Just try and relax as much as possible really.

Going to an interview smelling of fags and alcohol??

What kind of ideas are these
p

22nd Aug 14 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K2 GTi
quote:
Originally posted by p
Forget it

Going to an interview smelling of fags and alcohol??

What kind of ideas are these

No, silly. Jeez. Obviously *insert your own caveat here* one small cig, splash of aftershave or deodorant, chewing gum to get the smell away. Or, quick small brandy, hardly gonna smell like a brewery with a small one. I dunno, just ideas.
Gavin
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was a interviewer for the first time earlier on This year, and I was more nervous about that than any of my own interviews

I think the first 5-10 minutes are the most important, if you can settle yourself down in those first few moments then the rest will follow

pew pew pew pewwwww
Generation

22nd Aug 14 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always arrive early, then they comment on it. Say "I know, always early for everything I go to" whilst having a little smile and chuckle.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Forget it

I don't smoke or drink really.
My mum mentioned about them spray things? Might stop by a chemist tomorrow and see what's there
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

22nd Aug 14 at 17:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
have you tried asking advice on a modified hatchback forum?

Tried it yer. Turns out there's a few people that give genuine answers and a couple of cunts that think there funny..
sc0ott

22nd Aug 14 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the spray stuff actually work or is it just you thinking it does? Sounds a bit like water they drink to make them play basketball better in the film space jam
p

22nd Aug 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Does the spray stuff actually work or is it just you thinking it does? Sounds a bit like water they drink to make them play basketball better in the film space jam

Who truly knows. I guess there's some odd psychology that plays a part, maybe.
p

22nd Aug 14 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
quote:
Originally posted by p
Forget it

I don't smoke or drink really.
My mum mentioned about them spray things? Might stop by a chemist tomorrow and see what's there

No harm in getting one as they aren't expensive. It's certainly better than nothing. Speak to the chemist and see if they suggest anything. Just try and play it cool, if you don't get, don't worry about it. Go in with an attitude where you really don't mind, don't treat it like an interview if that makes sense and maybe you will chill more, I dunno. Or, do something I'd do, have some amazing to do after the interview so you're really looking forward to that and you're not as fussed about the interview
boylers11

23rd Aug 14 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A job interview is largely about your potential employers finding out about you obviously, but equally, it's a good time for you to find out about them also. Try to think of a few questions to ask them too (this often makes you looks less desperate than if you just sit and answer all of theirs).

Prepare, as said before, find out as much as you can about the business and try to work this in to one of your questions.

Don't smoke or drink before you go in.

Dress smart.

Maybe take a neat pad or pen in too and make a few notes?

Good luck!
sc0ott

23rd Aug 14 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The trick is to make the interviewer nervous about you.
Shell
Premium Member

24th Aug 14 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've tried the rescue remedy which is the stuff you drop on your tongue and found no benefit at all, yet found kalms great. They're all herbal stuff really.
baza31

26th Aug 14 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
The trick is to make the interviewer nervous about you.

Putting your feet up on their desk is a must too .

Ask them out of ten what would they rate the female employees as a whole . There is nothing better than working around good looking women . If it's anything less than a 6 I wouldn't take the job . Money comes 2nd
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Aug 14 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the first interview was today... About two hours long. And not to brag or nothing but I did bloody well!
Generation

26th Aug 14 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two hours is a log first interview, what's the job for?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

26th Aug 14 at 22:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mechanics job. At a main dealer.
taylorboosh

26th Aug 14 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking 2 hour first interview? Fuck that - i wouldnt want to do that for the throne
Ben G

26th Aug 14 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an interview a couple months ago with my current employer for another job. I never got it simply because I was far too nervous in the interview

The interviewer was my bosses boss so he already knew me and tried dropping stuff in to give me ideas on what to say, but some stupid bird from HR was there who marked me down bloody bitch.

May try those kalms things and see how I get on. Probably overdose on them and wake up late.

[Edited on 26-08-2014 by Ben G]
Balling
Premium Member

27th Aug 14 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well the first interview was today... About two hours long. And not to brag or nothing but I did bloody well!
Well done.

You know you've done well if they spent two hours on you.

VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th Aug 14 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you did okay. Most interviewers will wind it in early if you are not cutting it.

What is the next stage?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
baza31

27th Aug 14 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You clearly need to improve on your blowjobs

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Job interview Nurves. 23 database queries in 0.0092411 seconds