corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Service book stamping

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Service book stamping
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
27th Aug 15 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet no garages actually bother changing the complete brake fluid every few years. Just tick the box.
MarkM

27th Aug 15 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Jambo said. Pay the £129 to preserve the resale value and then if it really does bother you service it yourself as well.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Aug 15 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most main dealer techs I have ever come across seem to be clueless twats where 9 times out of 10 I'm telling them what the problem is.

Before people start getting in a rage and typing out furious replies, I am aware there are some decent and very knowledgeable ones out there too. But main dealer doesn't = high standards imo
Ben G

28th Aug 15 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I bet no garages actually bother changing the complete brake fluid every few years. Just tick the box.

Anyone who isn't a moron will know whether the brake fluids been changed. My brakes feel a lot better now the fluids been changed.
Steve
Premium Member

28th Aug 15 at 05:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet your car feels loads better when the spark plugs are changed too
Nic Barnes

28th Aug 15 at 06:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Most main dealer techs I have ever come across seem to be clueless twats where 9 times out of 10 I'm telling them what the problem is.

Before people start getting in a rage and typing out furious replies, I am aware there are some decent and very knowledgeable ones out there too. But main dealer doesn't = high standards imo
Mechanics are like McDonald's employees
Ellis

28th Aug 15 at 07:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wonder if keeping a detailed record of parts used etc as per that article would suffice

Whilst I agree with you on certain aspects in this thread, do you really think a main dealer is going to waive their own service history, or lack of, because you can show them a receipt for an oil filter?
tom130691
Premium Member

28th Aug 15 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Wonder if keeping a detailed record of parts used etc as per that article would suffice

I had an interesting chat with a sales man in the local Subaru about this, He was claiming my warranty would be valid if I bought all the service parts through the dealership,

Might be worth putting the question to Vauxhall ?

DaveyLC

28th Aug 15 at 07:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Main dealers don't pay their staff enough to have a clue..

However the public have it ingrained into their brains that cars with no proper history or cars that have done 0.00000001 miles over 100k are in-fact nothing more than scrap so I'm afraid you have to pander to that bullshit

Plus as we've all said earlier any finance/warranty will be difficult to up-hold without main-dealer service history.
antnee

28th Aug 15 at 07:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any corrosion/body warranty will be void if it isn't taken to Vauxhall. With all the melty pistons on the previous shape,I would want to make sure the warranty was valid and I wouldn't be trying to save £20 on a service to find out that the new engine won't be paid for by Vauxhall
3CorsaMeal

28th Aug 15 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I bet your car feels loads better when the spark plugs are changed too

Pmsl
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Aug 15 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not fraud is it, unless you tried to say it had Vauxhall history when it doesn't.

Doing the work yourself with proper bits is quite obviously a good idea as its cheaper and you might even do the job better yourself.

However -

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
the public have it ingrained into their brains that cars with no proper history or cars that have done 0.00000001 miles over 100k are in-fact nothing more than scrap so I'm afraid you have to pander to that bullshit

DaveyLC

28th Aug 15 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Not fraud is it, unless you tried to say it had Vauxhall history when it doesn't.

Every book I've seen says "Signature / stamp of *brand* dealership" or "Signature / stamp of *brand* Service Centre" ..

And I know trading standards have been giving a few people an ear bashing recently regarding this.
Ian
Site Administrator

28th Aug 15 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never really checked. That does assume you use their book though.
jay26

31st Aug 15 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

Mechanics are like McDonald's employees

How so? Explain?
Ian
Site Administrator

31st Aug 15 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because Nic could be either.
taylorboosh

31st Aug 15 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The clue is in the name of the box that you stamp: "MAIN DEALER STAMP", anything else other than a main dealer stamp can amount to fraud.. Trading standards are hot on this at the moment.

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Vat register a fake company and get your own stamps made.... Service yourself with fake invoices to yourself? May have to pay a bit tax

Or just go to vaux

WTF are you talking about? What has VAT got to do with anything?

So he can claim it was done at a proper garage
3CorsaMeal

31st Aug 15 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Made myself a stamp from a potato.
taylorboosh

31st Aug 15 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics
MikeF86

31st Aug 15 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some serious bullshit in this thread!!

Do you not know anyone who owns their own garage? Would be best bet? Buy parts from VX, borrow his ramp, get him to invoice you and use his stamp?
--ToM--

31st Aug 15 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
The clue is in the name of the box that you stamp: "MAIN DEALER STAMP", anything else other than a main dealer stamp can amount to fraud.. Trading standards are hot on this at the moment.

quote:
Vat register a fake company and get your own stamps made.... Service yourself with fake invoices to yourself? May have to pay a bit tax

Or just go to vaux

WTF are you talking about? What has VAT got to do with anything?

So he can claim it was done at a proper garage

Lol. don't need to be VAT registered unless your turning over more than £82k a year, so that's got fuck all to do with it. Not that anyone would go to that hassle for the sake of a dodgy stamp anyway.
taylorboosh

31st Aug 15 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our lasses dad has to have his own company set up to work offshore and earns less than £82k
--ToM--

31st Aug 15 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not vat registered and own a garage stamp I regularly stamp service books for customers with.
taylorboosh

31st Aug 15 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You get what i meant though.... Set up a fake garage
DaveyLC

31st Aug 15 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Our lasses dad has to have his own company set up to work offshore and earns less than £82k

You can be vat registered under the threshold but it ends up Causing lots of grief.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Service book stamping 22 database queries in 0.0153031 seconds