corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Volvo estate

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Volvo estate
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
1st Feb 16 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus unlike an rs4 I think they look better as a saloon
--ToM--

1st Feb 16 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo look better as a saloon, got a tourer in at the moment, 525d don't like the back end, speaking of audis guy by me has just got a brand new rs6 estate, wow.
Nic Barnes

1st Feb 16 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunner them. Back lights are cool with the indicators.
DaveyLC

1st Feb 16 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --ToM--
"I'll be buying an m5 once Iv bought a house"

11 or so page thread about buying an m5 ends up being a high mileage Swedish log burner based on a fucking Ford Focus.

What an anti climax.

He's splashed all of his cash on IKEA tat no money left for the M5..

When he sells the van he can pay of the mortgage and buy a new M5
mattievRS

2nd Feb 16 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decent engines on whatever mileage as long as its been properly serviced. The gearboxes can be a bit clunky but benefit from transmission oil changes every 20k . Would check if it has had any work done on the alternator and abs system too. The Alternators tend to become noisy and fail anywhere between 5 years or 100k and the abs pump units are well documented to fail and need replacing with an updated/upgraded part at £800 to £1000. Volvo will offer a 400 pound discount if it fails and has been 100% Volvo serviced though.
Remapped they go very well indeed!
Would check if it's got a DPF aswell as they need topping up at 60-80k miles. I believe they were DPF free up to about 2008 ish. Last thing I would look for is the tyre wear as the fronts are heavy and wear tyres easily and there is an intended camber on the rears that wear the insides of the rear tyres, so decent tyres are a must.

[Edited on 02-02-2016 by mattievRS]

Nic Barnes

2nd Feb 16 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb info thanks very much. I am trying to find an r design type model, looking at a few different engine ranges also. Seem very nice cars.
mattievRS

2nd Feb 16 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The d5 is a Volvo 5 pot engine and a great engine. The 2lt and 1.6 Diesel engines are Peugeot/ford/shitroen engines which are noisy 4 cyl units.

Another thing I'd look for is the type of stereo, Ie a decent level one. When you turn it on first time you get the picture of the car on it, if it's just the car then it's a basic stereo with not much oomph. Try to get a premium or above one which will say premium or performance on the start screen with the car picture or a dynaudio leve; one which will have the speaker in the dash at the top in the middle.Also look inside the arm rest to see if it's got aux input and usb/iPod as its expensive to retro fit. Pressing the mode button (top right button) will cycle the options between radio cd and any other option. Final thing is they rarely have the mpg trip computer but this can be by rolling the thumb wheel on the left side stalk, if it doesn't show it doesn't have it and is 300 to have added. Drop me a pm if you want any more info etc.

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

2nd Feb 16 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattievRS
Would check if it's got a DPF aswell as they need topping up at 60-80k miles.

How do you "top up" a DPF?
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Feb 16 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Swedish estates are the future. Good choice.

Mates last car was an s60 d5 and now has an xc90 d5. Both the lower power engines but still have a fair shove to them.

We smacked into the back of a new jag xf sport at 30mph and all it done was crease the bonnet and cracked a grille in the bumper. The jag looked fucked lol.
MikeF86

2nd Feb 16 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

Don't Volvo have some sort of oil that cleans the dpf, in a separate tank? Service requirement @ 60k iirc, was about £400-£500 ish too I think.
mattievRS

2nd Feb 16 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
quote:

The DPF on these models are combined with eolys fluid that is used as an additive in the DPF regeneration. No fluid equals no regen in the DPF so you top up the fluid in the DPF. Maybe I didn't use the correct terms as I omitted the eolys fluid tank part? Volvo refer to it as "topping up" the DPF on the service manual and vida. Either way it's no biggie is it.

tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Feb 16 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright Mattie, keep your hair on.

I asked a genuine question as I've never heard of a DPF using fluid as part of its regen procedure - normally just injecting more fuel.

Learn something new everyday!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Volvo estate 22 database queries in 0.0138612 seconds