corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Points on your licence.

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Points on your licence.
Kris TD

User status: Offline
12th Sep 03 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get 12 points before im banned
Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makarus take the second one to court... Explain that you saw on your speedo 32mph and that your speedo must be out, as you were doing the same speed down the same stretch of road a few weeks earlier and got done again!

If you show them you got done on the same bit of road twice for not much over the limit they might be leaniant and try to give you a smaller penalty / none.

Explain how much you need your car and how you drive safe, but maintain the flow of traffic.

It's a pile of wank if you got done twice on the same bit of road in a matter of weeks for not much speed over the limit!

Also object to the fact it was on a down hill stretch and say that the camera was had to see both times!

Paul J

[Edited on 12-09-2003 by Paul_J]
Makarus

12th Sep 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Paul, nice for someone to be a little positive instead of saying things along the lines of "Serves you right"

Like I say I would see it as unsafe to be sitting on my brakes because then people cannot judge if I am braking for a reason and if they need to react. Also I cant sit looking at my speedo because then I would be a danger to other road users.

I think I will give that a blast Paul, I dunno if I have been caught yet but it looks like it.
M4tt

12th Sep 03 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

todays roads are getting terrible, they really do expect you to sit watching your speedo.

can't even drive to the condidtions either, it's beginning to take the piss!

rant over...

did you get 3 points for your first offense 2 weeks ago?

that's really shitty BTW.

Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically I for-see a definate revision on the penalty's being given out for speeding in the near future.

Why?

well with ever more camera's, police traps and now the introduction of 'Satelite Speed camera's that are 24/7 watching your speed and know what the limits are, coming out in a year or two - soon no one will have a licensce left!

The satelite thing is such toss, think about it - your on a motorway in the outside lane, your doing 70 mph and there's a car behind you - there's also a car exactly to your side also doing 70 mph... few miles pass and you need to get off at the next junction, what do you do?

If you slow down then the car behind may not see / which get piss off.

You can't move across lanes since the car next to you is matching your speed.

You would have to accel past the car next to you and then pull across, meaning you would get points + fine for speeding!

Just dribbling over the limit in a 30 at 3am when there's no one about and its a straight road would = points + fine.

It's silly!

A 30 limit is there because in the day there may be pedestrians, the road might be wide, safe and completely straight.

Thats fair enough, but at 3 am you can't even do 35 down it without getting nicked.

You could lose your license in a 10 minute trip to the shops and back!

The people who say simple 'don't speed' - we're not talking 80 in a 40 or anything silly like that, we're talking about 35 in a 30, 45 in a 40, 80 on the motorway!

All = points + fine.

thus, they'll have to revise the whole system, otherwise no one will have a license, it'll basically make more people drive without a license, and thus more people without insurance!!!

when they invented the 6 points for the first 3 years and then 12 points thing there was no idea of speed camera's. Getting nicked for speeding ment you had to be seen by a officer flying along making it obvious you were over the limit (i.e. 10-20 mph over the limit) and then be pulled over where he may or may not punish you depending on the condition (3am straight road)...

To have got 6 points back then would of taken a bit of effort!

Now aday's, you could get 6 points just driving in a area you don't know, i.e. thinking your in a 40 limit - doing 38 and flash flash ...

Grr...

Paul J
corsa-sxi

12th Sep 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long do points take to clear? is it 1 point per year?
Tommy

12th Sep 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
i have been driving 8 years and i have zero points and zero fine

Your female so that says it all really.
Sooty
Banned

12th Sep 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zero... almost out of my 2 years probation
Savinforcorsaproject

12th Sep 03 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry
so ur 25 bloddy old lol jk.

Yes 6 points and ya gone. Soz m8
M4tt

12th Sep 03 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Totally agree with ya paul_ J.

Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
how long do points take to clear? is it 1 point per year?

if it was 1 point per year it may not be so bad, coz you could get 3, have a years driving (so it goes down to 2) and then if you got done again it'd goto 5... but afaik this aint the case.

Each offence is cancelled after 3 years!

so if you got 3 points now, 3 years later they'd be taken off and not before!

same as if you had 12 points available, and got 2 3 points 1 after the other both would be gone in 3 years.

Paul J
corsa-sxi

12th Sep 03 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so, in my 1st yr i got 9 points..3 years after that, they are all cleared?
Paul_J

12th Sep 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no in your 1st yr you got 9 points you'd have a ban

your only allowed 6 points for the first 3 years...

i.e. 2 3 pointers = ban.
corsa-sxi

13th Sep 03 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know, but for exaple,if im allowed 12 points, i had 9 in 1st yr..do all 9 come off after 3 years?
bluecorsaSXi

13th Sep 03 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate fcukin speed limits!!!! dont get me started!!!
quote:
Originally posted by si_reading
I have no points yet, but dunno if got done on that bastard camera that points towards you on way to Trax! Ya cant see it flash but think I was just under speed limit.

The cameras that face you (like the ones on the A43 to silverstone) are called truvellos. They work different than GATSOs. Basically they are video camers, constantly recording. Not taking individual pics! They can see who is driving and record the time you pass the camera. At a set distance down the road (somewhere around a mile or more) there is another one!
So, basically it works out your average speed over that distance. So if you passed the first one doing 80 when the speed limit is 60, you can slow down to 40 to compensate and not get caught speeding!!!
Paul_J

13th Sep 03 at 01:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh shit - was it a 60 limit where that camera was? I was doing about 80 saw it slowed to 70 thinking it was a 70 limit!
Makarus

13th Sep 03 at 01:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the support Paul.

Going along the same lines of thinking as me, just been too pissed off about the subject to even think about it.

You dont happen to be a lawyer do you Paul??
diddon

13th Sep 03 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

driving 4 years no points
bluecorsaSXi

13th Sep 03 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant remember what the speed limit was along there!
But i wouldnt worry Paul, because im quite sure that the second camera is after the turn off for silverstone!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Points on your licence. 22 database queries in 0.0145290 seconds