corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped*
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Jan 12 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awsome. Cheers tim. You happen to know anything about the hoses i posted??
TimC909

28th Jan 12 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At a guess, there is pipe that goes from the inlet manifold (by the alternator) to a banjo on the throttle body, then I bet the other goes from that banjo to the header tank. I dont have these on my LET but thats where I think they go.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only thing i can find on my throttle body is the small bits that the breather goes onto :/
Its recking my brain tbh. Ill have another look later but i fully cant find anything atall

Oh and when you say banjo you mean......?

[Edited on 28-01-2012 by FlaFFy_91]
TimC909

28th Jan 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look below where they are. If you can wait a few hours ill take a pic of a spare manifold I have at home. Do you have the free outlet out your inlet mani without a pipe on it?
TimC909

28th Jan 12 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

something like that is what your looking for

By banjo I mean a round metal fitting that has a open bolt going through it which allows fluid/air to pass through it. Do a search in google for one

[Edited on 28-01-2012 by TimC909]
TimC909

28th Jan 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something liek this is what your looking for
TimC909

28th Jan 12 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pipe 11 and 4 are what your two pipes are, from memory pipe 12 on yours is missing and has been bunged off on the cam cover and probably on the inlet manifold too
TimC909

28th Jan 12 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its amazing what a bit of digging on other red top conversion threads will find
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer but mine doesnt have that cross peice. The bottom "banjo" is blanked off mate :/ so i dont know where the hoses would/should go to or from. Or if they are needed atall? And i dont have the water way in my inlet manifold either thats blanked off too
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

31st Jan 12 at 01:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okly dokly, little update

it turns out i do have the waterway in my inlet manifold but i dont that the bit comeing off the bottom of the TB in the above pic
so thanks to a quick phone call to tim who told me to just make my own peice to connect to 2 pipes together from the waterway inthe mani to the header tank and a little bit of thinking i came up with this

basicly its a peice of steel pipe and the 2 pipes with some petrol pipe clips around it to hold them together, fits perfectly and is now connected up

also my cars back on its feet for the first time in 3 months
however its got to go back up when i get my cv joints off tim

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a little update

whilste waiting for my cv's off tim i decided to get the front bumper and that back together and the loom all tied up and out of the way
no pics yet as it needs a clean first haha

i also decided to paint my radiator brackets satin black like my gearbox

Painted

Fitted

and a quick bay pic

thats it for now, cv's should be here on wednesday so hopefully it will be down on its legs with bled brakes on thursday ready for the breathers and coolent hoses (that im going to order tomorrow)

once there fitted its fire up time (after a quick service of course)

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along mate

The throttle cable might be better routed going under the inlet as it might rub against the bulkhead and throttle body where it is

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only problem with it running underneath there is its quite a bend to get it round onto the bracket.
not sure if its too much of a bend, so much so it might give it a bit of sticky throttle if you get me?
Darryl H
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran mine under there, I gave it the quickest route through and it feels how it did when it was on there originally

[Edited on 06-02-2012 by Darryl H]

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so when you say under the inlet would you mean inbetween the inlet branch and the block or between the back of the inlet and the bulk head just lower down?
Darryl H
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran mine between the inlet and block as if I put it behind it felt like it was really sticky on the bend back in to the car

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm ill try it through the inlet and block and see how it feels tomorrow. im pritty sure its the wrong cable to be honest anyways but we shal see how it goes mate
Darryl H
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah might be best your way if the cable doesn't feel right, apparently the 1.0l cable is longer

FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

6th Feb 12 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill give the cable a route betweeen the block and inlet and see how it runs then go get a 1l cable and see if thats any better
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cv's are officialy on the way. They should be here tomorrow. Going to order the breather hose set tonight hopefully then the coolent hose set mid month if i have any money left by then

The daily driver (polo) has got its insurance renewal, mot and tax this month. Its also my dads birthday in a couple of days then valentines day. Shite month for spends tbh :/
flybikeslee

8th Feb 12 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chop chop
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 13:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just waiting for parts lee. Cvs are suppost to be here today. Bit the bullet and just bought the breather pipes last night. Should be here end of the week. Soon as the parts turn up mate its done
flybikeslee

8th Feb 12 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you say this....fingers crossed
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 14:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha true mate. I hope it works out tbh man be pissed off if it dnt work
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Feb 12 at 17:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting rather pissed off with this bloody car
cannot find inner cv's to fit the box and shafts properly
all the ones that i get dont fit in the gearbox properly there all about half a inch too long
its fully pissing me off to the point i want to sell it
can someone please give me a definnitive answer as to why it wont fit?
using 1.6 shafts with 1.6 petrol mk2 cavvy inner cv joints, the joints willnot fit into the box properly

ANYONE HELP ME :@

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ginger GSI C20XE. Now For Sale *price dropped* 24 database queries in 0.0200541 seconds