corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread
Tiesto

User status: Offline
12th Jun 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgmZ63Vummw&feature=channel_video_title

Classic! Was laughing so hard when it happened

The marshall will never live it down
Dom

12th Jun 11 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Button should just realise he's shit and just settle for number 2 driver and help Lewis out as he is clearly MUCH faster than him. Should've let him through, no way was he going to keep him behind, let the faster guy get past and try win the race for the team.

For a split second i thought it was oRbbo posting that

Brilliant race by Button today, race pace in the last 10 or so laps was incredible! Saying that, he's always been reasonably handy in the wet even during his BAR/Honda days whilst driving piles of toss. It does also show some signs that the recent upgrades have given MP4-26 the pace to hunt the RBR's; they still need to work on quali pace though.

Schuey was pretty impressive today, looked like he was ragging the daylights out of the W02 throughout. Just a shame that it lacked the straight line speed, if they had a bit more i think Schuey would have kept Webber and Button behind.

Un-Fucking-Lucky for Vettel; as usual, apply a bit of pressure and watch him crumble. If Ferrari and McLaren continue to improve then the rest of the season looks like it could be pretty interesting.
He did look pretty comical on the podium though! Looked like someone just nabbed his sweeties

MJFF88 - think it's more of the case that everyone has started to feel sorry for him Still think it was a mistake returning to F1.

As for that marshal, what the fuck was he doing? Think someone will be having words, as it could have ended up like the the 77 South African GP incident between Pryce and the marshal

Edit - Shame that there isn't the forum though

[Edited on 12-06-2011 by Dom]
Jamie-C

12th Jun 11 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turned out to be an epic race! Fair play to Button, well deserved win, apart from ramming Hamilton of the track.
Hammer

12th Jun 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Un-Fucking-Lucky for Vettel; as usual, apply a bit of pressure and watch him crumble. If Ferrari and McLaren continue to improve then the rest of the season looks like it could be pretty interesting.
He did look pretty comical on the podium though! Looked like someone just nabbed his sweeties

He has won every race bar 2 and he's finished a close second in both of them.

The title is his by a country mile.
Jamie-C

12th Jun 11 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not yet. Anything could happen with these blowing exhaust gases or whatever it is being banned as of the next race. Could hinder the Redbull.
Hammer

12th Jun 11 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would it hinder the Red Bull any more than the rest?

He is a winning machine, no one will come close to him barring catastrophic failure.
CorsAsh

12th Jun 11 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only when he has the track to himself Hammertime.
Jamie-C

12th Jun 11 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

He is a winning machine, no one will come close to him barring catastrophic failure.
I don't know why, it just might. It could be there design of the blowing exhaust that is putting the car into a different league than everyone elses? Its yet to be seen.

This is what I hope anyway
LeeM

12th Jun 11 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

He has won every race bar 2 and he's finished a close second in both of them.

its far from it, only a third of the way in. jb only needs to average 4.1 points a race more than vettel to beat him, webber 5.5 and hamilton 6.3.
a DNF and a poor finish from vettel will bring him right back into the same sort of position as everyone else
noshua

12th Jun 11 at 23:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't it something to do with what they do with the engine before they send them out for the qualifying laps?

At least that was what is being speculated due to them having not so good race pace in comparison to qualifying pace.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 00:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking sky plus. Grrrrr.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
LeeM

13th Jun 11 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Fucking sky plus. Grrrrr.

did it not record? it over ran then went to bbc2, so blame the rain
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 00:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah recorded. But obviously didn't record bbc2. They should have a remote record for shit like this.
I'm watching it on bbc3 now but with all my efforts have now seen who won.

Russ

13th Jun 11 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel is good, his car is better.

Even Webber has won races in a red bull.
Russ

13th Jun 11 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah recorded. But obviously didn't record bbc2. They should have a remote record for shit like this.
you can remote record from the Sky+ phone app or on the web

[Edited on 13-06-2011 by Russ]
Russ

13th Jun 11 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
HA HA HA Button.

CUNT.

What happened? I was on the phone
he won
Rob_Quads

13th Jun 11 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Because they have the most advanced blown defuser. It was them/Renault that pioneered it and so they get much more out of it.

It gives them much more downforce on the corners (one of the reasons that a couple races ago he was able to fly round the last corner when hamilton could not get close)
Tomnova16
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 08:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
you can remote record from the Sky+ phone app or on the web

[Edited on 13-06-2011 by Russ]

i have that but i didnt know it had changed to bbc2 as i wasnt watching it

Dom

13th Jun 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

He has won every race bar 2 and he's finished a close seco nd in both of them.

No sure how you've worked that one out, he only needs a few shoddy races and someone else will take the lead. Montreal just highlighted again (look at the 09 season, Turkey/Australia) how he has a habit of making mistakes when the pressure is turned up. He's a great driver but only when he's sitting on pole, only (iirc) 3 of his wins haven't been from pole, and there isn't any pressure.
And with off-throttle EDB being banned, rumoured that RBR heavily rely on especially for quali pace, i think the WDC is still up for grabs (Lewis, Alonso perhaps Button).
noshua

13th Jun 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

Because they have the most advanced blown defuser. It was them/Renault that pioneered it and so they get much more out of it.

It gives them much more downforce on the corners (one of the reasons that a couple races ago he was able to fly round the last corner when hamilton could not get close)

That could also explain why the Renaults had so much extra speed coming out the corner in the closing stages of this GP.
Rob E

13th Jun 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

That could also explain why the Renaults had so much extra speed coming out the corner in the closing stages of this GP.

Agreed, that was made clear when Heidfeld ended up rear ending Kobiyashi yesterday
Dom

13th Jun 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a combination of RBR blowing their diffusers from underneath (from what I remember), Renault from the front edge, and both teams being pretty aggressive with the off-throttle management (ie: retard engine during off-throttle moments to continue gas flow to diffuser). Majority of the teams blow their diffusers from the top and are only dabbling in off-throttle EBD's - Ferrari were playing around with it a few races back but I don't think they managed to get it to work that well.

Edit - Decent article on Scarb's blog >HERE< about this. His blog is always worth a read though. Likewise the f1technical.net forums are worth a read if you really want to get geeky

[Edited on 13-06-2011 by Dom]
stuartmitchell

24th Jun 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Webber quickest in practice this morning for Valencia
Cavey

25th Jun 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf happened to Hamilton at the end of that? Must of ballsed up his final flying lap
Ben G

25th Jun 11 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno cavey, the camermen didn't seem interested in showing us any of it

ah well, 3rd isn't too bad.

really getting bored of vettel winning things all the time now.

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0211251 seconds