corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread - Sponsored by Arsenals 'War Chest' and the long wait being over

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Thread - Sponsored by Arsenals 'War Chest' and the long wait being over
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 13 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the short term yes, maybe even in the long term for Tom Huddlestone in particular, ignoring home grown talent though and keep buying foreigners, is not great in the long run.

If you read what Huddlestone is saying also, hes saying he was left out of the team for 6/7 weeks at a time with no reason or explanation, perhaps if AVB had tried to grow him into the side he could have been as good who knows.

[Edited on 22-08-2013 by Steve]
Conway563

22nd Aug 13 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the fuck would AVB care about growing potential British talent. Puts Huddlestone in the team (who 9/10 times I've seen him has been wank) and your prediction of bottom half finish happens. Doesn't matter though because he's growing talent

Sounds great for his job prospects
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats he achieved in English football? was shit at Chelsea, Benitez was better and arguabley got more stick, and so far couldn't even better Harry Redknapps position last season in the league with a massively in form Bale winning them games they had no right to win in the final seconds. Lets just say Bale hadn't got them out of trouble for a few of those games and they finished off worse would you still have been saying he was any good?

And please don't try and say united replied on RVP last season too because we had the record for the biggest number of different players to score, something like 20

Nic Barnes

22nd Aug 13 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to proof read your posts before you click reply. Complete stupidity.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes typing to fast, too angry
Tommy L

22nd Aug 13 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May have finished a spot lower but they got their highest ever points total...looks like progression for me

[Edited on 22-08-2013 by Tommy L]
Conway563

22nd Aug 13 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So because he was a poor manager at Chelsea he should concentrate on bringing through young talent for the England team?
What the fuck are you talking about

And at what point have I mentioned whether I thought AVB was any good or not? I was merely stating if I was in his position I wouldn't give a shit about growing talent, I'm there to try and get them to the highest position in the league I can

[Edited on 22-08-2013 by Conway563]
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not telling you to agree with me, but I cant stand AVB.

If no one agree I don't really care, I only really replied because Draper was showing his stupidity again
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
So because he was a poor manager at Chelsea he should concentrate on bringing through young talent for the England team?
What the fuck are you talking about

No these are just multiple reasons why I dislike him and his style
JonnyJ

22nd Aug 13 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve has lost it.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are always managers we dislike, im sure there are plenty of people that dislike SAF for no real reason, but when questioned will always pull some bullshit trivial thing up to justify it, I just don't like AVB, and iv highlighted a few personal reasons why, lets leave it there.
sc0ott

22nd Aug 13 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely goal against swansea
Rick Draper

22nd Aug 13 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve you need to be a writer for the Daily Mail sports pages. They contain almost as much factual information as you can currently muster so fuck off in that direction.
Robbo

22nd Aug 13 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Could well be, I couldn't remember the name of the relatively new player they had who was a blatant cheat, it was Alba I was thinking of
Alba wasnt playing, probs Martin Montoya
Robbo

22nd Aug 13 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve youre a fucking moron. In fairness, as are most people who whinge about young English talent getting overlooked... end of the day, of youre good enough, you play. The problem is the youth setup, which we are tryign to fix steaduly but will take a long time
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Whats he achieved in English football? was shit at Chelsea, Benitez was better and arguabley got more stick, and so far couldn't even better Harry Redknapps position last season in the league with a massively in form Bale winning them games they had no right to win in the last seconds. Lets just say Bale hadn't got them out of trouble for a few of those games and they finished off worse would you still have been saying he was any good?

And please don't try and say united replied on RVP last season too because we had the record for the biggest number of different players to score, something like 20

At Chelsea he had a bunch of wankers who refused to listen to his style of football. At Spurs he has those players at his disposal. Do you not think Bale might be where he is because of the freedom AVB has given him? They got Spurs highest ever points return last season so I'd say it's a success.
Oh, and it's fucking rich to even bring a what if scenario in with late goals United wouldn't have a trophy to their name if it wasn't for their ability to score late
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Aug 13 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Benitez also had the same wankers and probably more crowd hate yet he still did more and at least looked competent even if not fully in control.

Like I said I have my reasons let's leave it there. If you want to rate him who am I the stop you

Hammer

22nd Aug 13 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a prick selling Huddlestone and playing shite foreigners like; Paulinho, Chadli, Dembele and Sandro.

What was he thinking?
JonnyJ

23rd Aug 13 at 05:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never seen Steve get so upset by something before, getting himself really worked up.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 06:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. This transfer window is getting to me.
Nic Barnes

23rd Aug 13 at 06:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know what the transfer window is yet?
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 07:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know what a vagina is yet?
Nic Barnes

23rd Aug 13 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah of course. One is talking about the Tottenham manager in this thread.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Aug 13 at 07:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
tottenham showing once again how bad their manager is

<<  17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Thread - Sponsored by Arsenals 'War Chest' and the long wait being over 23 database queries in 0.0156980 seconds