corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfer Thread
Nath

User status: Offline
26th Jun 13 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mignolet should easily start ahead of flappy Reina.
Robbo

26th Jun 13 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont believe this link of reina to barca though. maybe he'll go to napoli or somehting with benitez
Nath

26th Jun 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carlsberg agent if he goes to Barca.
mwg

26th Jun 13 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Has Ronaldo signed yet?

Yes, to Chelsea.

Steve told us he was signing for United 2 weeks ago
Nismo

26th Jun 13 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paulinho interest is building now.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Jun 13 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Mignolet will start id imagine, too good not to

For Liverpool, yes. But I highly doubt for Belgium. If Courtois keeps progressing at the rate he has, he'll be one of the world's best in no time. He reminds me of Schmeichel with the way he has incredible reflexes and agility for a truly massive lad!
taylorboosh

26th Jun 13 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont think liverpool was the right choice, hes better than that imo... hopefully they sign some good players and they can challenge for champions league for his sake
Tom

26th Jun 13 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Mignolet will start id imagine, too good not to

For Liverpool, yes. But I highly doubt for Belgium. If Courtois keeps progressing at the rate he has, he'll be one of the world's best in no time. He reminds me of Schmeichel with the way he has incredible reflexes and agility for a truly massive lad!

I agree about Courtois becoming the best keeper in the world, and probably inside the next year or two which is shite as he'll be back at Chelsea then after maturing in Spain.

Mignolet looks decent, some outstanding performances last season, and I expect him to be number 1 even if Reina stays, his form has deteriorated over the last 2/3 years. Reina is still very good as a sweeper though and has time on his side to rediscover his form but probably best for all if he does that somewhere else.
Tom

26th Jun 13 at 14:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont think liverpool was the right choice, hes better than that imo... hopefully they sign some good players and they can challenge for champions league for his sake

Looking at the move objectively, I think it's a great move for him. No chance of him getting into one of the CL teams (barring maybe Arsenal) or Spurs. Why not move to a side where he can grow with the rest of the team? If we sign a top notch defender or two, and someone like Mkhitaryan (then replace Suarez if he leaves with another couple of forwards) then our squad is going to be really competitive and we'll be there or there abouts with CL chasers in the next couple of years (when he'll still only be 27 odd).
taylorboosh

26th Jun 13 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joe Hart wasnt as good last season imo
Robbo

26th Jun 13 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A change in our way of defending also maybe Fabianski look amazing, so it can always be down to who's behind you and the confidence int he team but for me, Reina has had it at that level.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/8793427/Liverpool-line-up-

Interesting piece on Liverpool... add a moderately stroing bench behind, a rpelacement for Suarez and someone like that Armenian guy and Liverpool actually look like strongly challenmging for the top 6 IMO
DaSess

26th Jun 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think mignolet was that good last season he could of easy went into the arsenal team (champions league side) or maybe a foreign side that are in the champions league but having said that its a good point there that liverpool are a good side and i think brendan rodgers is a really good manager that could take the club back into the champions league so maybe could end up being a good move him for him.
i agree though with taylorboosh massive loss for us (sunderland) i heard a few rumours who were getting to replace him, someone different everyday first i heard al habsi now i'm hearing westwood is going to be our new number 1 with a new young keeper to come in as back up to westwood.
taylorboosh

26th Jun 13 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Westwood was decent when mig and gordon were out tbh... Give him a go

If your a sunderland fan i take it you like sess
DaSess

26th Jun 13 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Westwood was decent when mig and gordon were out tbh... Give him a go

If your a sunderland fan i take it you like sess

Yes, heard a few rumours he could be leaving hope its not true though,
People saying they think hes past it at the age of 29... ridiculous!!
taylorboosh

27th Jun 13 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id go with him, no means past it, just needs a few games... I remember when EVERYONE hated mig because he used to panic
Robbo

27th Jun 13 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaSess
I still think mignolet was that good last season he could of easy went into the arsenal team
probably. a sive said before, id have been disappointed if he signed but not because hes no good...

we either need to sign an older experienced Lehmann/VDS type keeper (ie Cesar) to hold the fort for a few years whilst Szcz matures and improves OR we need to sign a young-ish top top class keeper and for me, the only suitable candidate is rene adler (amazing keeper and available for less than Liverpool spent on Mig, tho no doubt higher wages, due to hamburgs financial difficulties). We may still get him if we sell them Djourou as they seem keen on, but i think Cesar is nailed on when he returns from CC
mwg

27th Jun 13 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Be interesting to see who City are going to buy now Tevez has gone. They need 2 more strikers, half wouldn't be surprised if Dzeko wanted to leave as well unless Pelligrini assures him he'll be the main man.
Robbo

27th Jun 13 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can only imagine (unless they come in for higuain a la Mata and Chelsea) that they wil sign Cavani. Who else is there, available? Potentially swap Dzeko for Lewandowski but that would have to be in addition to A N Other IMO, as atm they "only" have Aguero and Dzeko. Depends on FFP too i guess
mwg

27th Jun 13 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd of said they'd buy Suarez apart from the fact Suarez doesn't want to be in England anymore
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jun 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the type of cunt they'd buy tbh.
Robbo

27th Jun 13 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah actually I coudl well see him doing an about turn and joining Citeh.
Nath

27th Jun 13 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'd be hilarious
Robbo

27th Jun 13 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we've heard all the excuses in the book before and still seen people enbd up staying int he country and justs wappign teams
Tom

27th Jun 13 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope City get involved in the bidding (for obvious reasons), but I think his heart is well and truely set on Madrid.
Rick Draper

27th Jun 13 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont want Cavani, he could be the European version of Carroll.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfer Thread 23 database queries in 0.0143120 seconds