corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smoke Grey GSi Turbo Project.

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Smoke Grey GSi Turbo Project.
thegsi

User status: Offline
5th Jan 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Col. Everyone speaks as they find I guess. When I spoke to him he was a great help and sounded very promising about doing my car. Yeh I've got an adjustable FPR Col
Mark Prydderch

5th Jan 10 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
Haha. Spoke to him yesterday and he seems like a real sound guy. I can either go phase2 or Evo5. Evo5 is an extra £40 but apparently is much more mappable with added mods. I wanted to go no more than 280bhp but then again I did say at the start I didn't want anymore than 260bhp but now its there, I want more! We'll see anyway.

If your talking about beardy remind him to send my linkage - i've only been waiting 3months for it

Gave me the wrong contact number at first too, had to phone his house.

Anyway, nice car and good progress
Paul_Safc

5th Jan 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through the whole project, what a stunning car this is, good example of a Corsa. Love the engine bay to mate, keep it up!
Col004

5th Jan 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah matey.. people have diff veiws..... Ive been mates with him for years and years now and at the drop of a hat id help him out if he needed it as he would for me. He's a sound lad

[Edited on 05-01-2010 by Col004]
rickiek123

5th Jan 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks brilliant! really tidy!
Nic Barnes

5th Jan 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I can either go phase2 or Evo5. Evo5 is an extra £40 but apparently is much more mappable with added mods.

its a pre programmed chip. its like a superchip.
thegsi

5th Jan 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
I can either go phase2 or Evo5. Evo5 is an extra £40 but apparently is much more mappable with added mods.

What I meant was that phase2 chips are 'limited' to around 280bhp but Evo5 responds better to changes later on past that figure. Thats what I was told anyway.
thegsi

5th Jan 10 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by rickiek123
Looks brilliant! really tidy!

Cheers mate
Nic Barnes

5th Jan 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

What I meant was that phase2 chips are 'limited' to around 280bhp but Evo5 responds better to changes later on past that figure. Thats what I was told anyway.

seen a few on p2 run over 300bhp. wazpaz cav turbo made about 310-320 on p2 chips for example. id not doubt it. but you cant map a pre programmed chip. it wont respond better to changes as its pre programmed. it will be exactly the same. just you might turn some boost up, you might turn some fuel up. you cant phsically alter the way the chip is programmed.
rickiek123

5th Jan 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I ran 390 bhp on my evo 5 ecu. worked a treat!
rickiek123

5th Jan 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

seen a few on p2 run over 300bhp. wazpaz cav turbo made about 310-320 on p2 chips for example. id not doubt it. but you cant map a pre programmed chip. it wont respond better to changes as its pre programmed. it will be exactly the same. just you might turn some boost up, you might turn some fuel up. you cant phsically alter the way the chip is programmed.

Hit the nail on the head!
thegsi

5th Jan 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know its a pre programmed chip Nic I was told by Beardy that the Evo5 software was better because it's not as restrictive and he recommended that over Phase2. What would you do in my situation? I've got an adjustable FPR too.
Nic Barnes

5th Jan 10 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally id change the front tyres for now and enjoy a new world that encorporated grip. then ina few months id think about what i really want to do with the car. once you start going for more power, its all too easy to just want more and more which becomes extremely expensive.

also arent you on an f20 still? id consider changing that first to an f28.
Jamie_Hastings1

5th Jan 10 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Col004 will agree with that Nic,need a f28 asap if your still running a f20. Diff gave up at speed and nearly ended him,locked up the ns wheel.
thegsi

5th Jan 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
personally id change the front tyres for now and enjoy a new world that encorporated grip. then ina few months id think about what i really want to do with the car. once you start going for more power, its all too easy to just want more and more which becomes extremely expensive.

also arent you on an f20 still? id consider changing that first to an f28.

You cocky bastard. Yeh mate the tyres will be changed soon. I always said that 260bhp would be enough for me the only reason I'm getting it chipped is because with this new cooler on I know it'd benifit from a decent chipset rather than just setting boost and fuel ect. and it'll cost me the same money to get it chipped anyway. If I'm honest, I'm not about making huge power with this car because I don't want to go down that route. Having a tidy, clean looking GSi with some decent power for on the road suits me fine cause thats what I want the car to be. Im on an F28 btw mate. I just wondered what chip you would advise.
Ojc

5th Jan 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
best place for them jacks ollie is the autosport show in jan as the show prices are well cheap

How relevant, I want a new jack and my names Ollie
Nic Barnes

5th Jan 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt think i was being cocky. do what you want its your car. personally having used pre programmed chips in the past, id never bother with them now. theyre bloody awful. but theyre cheap, and give you peak bhp.
gavin18787
Premium Member

5th Jan 10 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
best place for them jacks ollie is the autosport show in jan as the show prices are well cheap

How relevant, I want a new jack and my names Ollie

Mine fucked up today, just what I needed with the car in peices

had to finish is off with the pony wind up one from the car

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
thegsi

5th Jan 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
didnt think i was being cocky. do what you want its your car. personally having used pre programmed chips in the past, id never bother with them now. theyre bloody awful. but theyre cheap, and give you peak bhp.

Oi don't fall out with me I was only kidding.
Yeh well I will never go to the extremes that you've gone with my engine. I just want to make a run it as a nice healthy car but still with some grunt as I've made a few decent upgrades it'd be silly not to get it chipped and running properly.
Sean-B

5th Jan 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice jack , as said give the bolts a once over, mine were loose on receipt but haven't had trouble since.
Col004

5th Jan 10 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nik fell out with me recently.. very grumpy boy
Nic Barnes

5th Jan 10 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

no i never
Nic Barnes

5th Jan 10 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Oi don't fall out with me I was only kidding.
Yeh well I will never go to the extremes that you've gone with my engine. I just want to make a run it as a nice healthy car but still with some grunt as I've made a few decent upgrades it'd be silly not to get it chipped and running properly.

honestly no joke, change your front tyres. something decent like some f1's will actually make the world of difference.
Sean-B

5th Jan 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic speaks the truth, you do say it doesn't handle, some proxies would serve you nicely.
Col004

5th Jan 10 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

no i never

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Smoke Grey GSi Turbo Project. 24 database queries in 0.0250368 seconds