corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Nath

User status: Offline
13th May 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
quote:
Originally posted by SportBoy
on another note not sure if this intrests anybody. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=204&t=1136200&mid=0&i=80&nmt=SKY+F1+Viewing+figures&mid=0

Thats interesting, sky not reachin 1m a race but bbc smashing it with over 2m minimum

It's a no brainer though? So more people watch it on a free channel? Doesn't tell us anything.
Daveskater
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Haven't watched one on BBC since Sky got it! BBC can't compete!

You cant say bbc cant compete if you not watched 1 this year on bbc. Bbc is much more slicker and i think the knowledge comes from an auto que on sky not from the head
Bang on. If the BBC have it live then I watch it on that, as overall their coverage is so far superior to Sky's. Plus the build-up is always good, whereas the Sky show is often quite boring. That Simon bloke doesn't do it for me at all, he just never seems interested.

Brudle and DC were a good pair of commentators, but the fact that Brundle is on Sky isn't enough to make me watch their show every race. Granted, I do usually watch their coverage as well, but only a recording. Helps with the adverts as well

Edit - Oh yeah, penalty for Shumy after knocking Senna out http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18053192

[Edited on 13-05-2012 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Rob_Quads

13th May 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky for me ever time, specially for the race. Brundle is the best commentator out there and Ted always seems to be around the action / get the inside nod about stuff.

BBC are great with DC/Jake/Eddie but don't like the commentary of Ben Edwards I find very droney and boring.

After Quali BBC didn't even have time to show the press conference! (yes it was on the red button but thats no good if your recording it) They have not only cut down the races they show they have also cut down the TV time the actual quail/races have which is not good.
This year the forum also seems to have lost a bit from last year. Was always a really good watch last year but with Sky being on for longer now anyway they are not really doing anything that others are
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
on another note not sure if this intrests anybody. http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=204&t=1136200&mid=0&i=80&nmt=SKY+F1+Viewing+figures&mid=0

Thats interesting, sky not reachin 1m a race but bbc smashing it with over 2m minimum

Not really, since BBC is a free to air channel.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CorsAsh

13th May 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missed this! Williams garage on fire due to a KERS problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9QLET_u1DA&feature=player_embedded
Daveskater
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is nice " It's also been reported that all the teams will come together to loan equipment to the team for the Monaco Grand Prix in two weeks time, as much of their equipment was lost or heavily damaged in the fire."

http://thef1times.com/news/display/05995

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
CorsAsh

13th May 12 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice touch that.
Stu_22

13th May 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Haven't watched one on BBC since Sky got it! BBC can't compete!

You cant say bbc cant compete if you not watched 1 this year on bbc. Bbc is much more slicker and i think the knowledge comes from an auto que on sky not from the head
Bang on. If the BBC have it live then I watch it on that, as overall their coverage is so far superior to Sky's. Plus the build-up is always good, whereas the Sky show is often quite boring. That Simon bloke doesn't do it for me at all, he just never seems interested.

Brudle and DC were a good pair of commentators, but the fact that Brundle is on Sky isn't enough to make me watch their show every race. Granted, I do usually watch their coverage as well, but only a recording. Helps with the adverts as well

[Edited on 13-05-2012 by Daveskater]

Exactly my thoughts bbc so much better sky= boring presenter and boring hill

I hope when the think about give all the race live to sky they consider viewing figures that's half of the business advertising so why reduce you audience
Rob_Quads

13th May 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bernie doesn't care about audiences he cares about $$$ and when he found out he could do a deal to get Sky to give him even more $$$ he was always going to be up for it.

You only need to look at where all the races are taking place to see that Bernies $$$ rules the sport i.e. there was a good reason Bahrain went ahead, it was one of the most lucrative races
Ben G

13th May 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CorsAsh

13th May 12 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't imagine Vettel doing that.
ed

14th May 12 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Bernie doesn't care about audiences he cares about £££ and when he found out he could do a deal to get Sky to give him even more £££ he was always going to be up for it.

You only need to look at where all the races are taking place to see that Bernies £££ rules the sport i.e. there was a good reason Bahrain went ahead, it was one of the most lucrative races

EFA

But also, F1 wont exist if no one is watching it. It requires a large TV audience for it to be funded, the cars aren't covered in sponsorship just for fun now are they. Bernies exact words were along the lines of F1 having no place on paid TV so god knows what FOM are playing at having it on Sky, especially with their poor viewing figures in comparison to BBC's.

Such a bad end for a brilliant weekend for Williams too
Rob_Quads

14th May 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F1 does get lots of viewers...all around the world. i wonder what the stats are but I bet the UK market is only a small %age of the whole thing. Numbers of around 500m are talked about so if they are true the UK is a tiny part of that.
Daveskater
Premium Member

14th May 12 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has taken long enough http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18067284

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Stu_22

15th May 12 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
This has taken long enough http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18067284

Im a ferrari fan and massa was great in 2008 when he showed Kimi up but he has lost it now he's not scoring points so ferrari may as well get their young driver back from Force India and give him a go
ed

15th May 12 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be unlucky for Di Resta to have to leave his seat in a good Force India car to have to drive a dog of a Ferrari about.
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th May 12 at 13:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Di Resta is lined up behind the scenes for Mercedes and/or McLaren - I'm sure he's got an engine deal with Merc.

Perez on the other hand is on a Ferrari engine deal!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

15th May 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
It would be unlucky for Di Resta to have to leave his seat in a good Force India car to have to drive a dog of a Ferrari about.

cant be that bad of a car if alonso is up there in the championship

I would sooner drive for Ferrari than force india
ed

15th May 12 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari themselves have said that the car this season is 'difficult'.
whitter45

15th May 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Ferrari themselves have said that the car this season is 'difficult'.

that doesn't mean it isn't very good though - just means it needs a good driver ie Alonso to make the most of it

Your argument would suggest Di-Resta wouldn't be able to do that

[Edited on 15-05-2012 by whitter45]
fred7

15th May 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Ferrari is made around alonso thats y massi is struggling. Dont forget only a few years ago massi was almost champion so hes no slouch. If a complete team designs there whole package around the main drive ie alonso he is going to shine. Its a shame but still think di resta wud suit a bigger team and massi in a team like force india. But think di resta will b at merc b4 u no it.
fred7

15th May 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
quote:

It's a no brainer though? So more people watch it on a free channel? Doesn't tell us anything.

This is wat i mean bernie gives it to sky, sky take it thinking more subs but its not worked thats y u now get it free with the hd pack aswell as giving it to virgin which sky wernt going to. It hasnt worked thats y the figures are massive on bbc. F1 to most people isnt worth £500 a year
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th May 12 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's always been free with HD pack since they first announced the channel.

It's a shame F1 isn't accessible to everyone this year but it's a drop in the ocean, and BBC weren't willing to pay Bernies prices... They arrogantly thought that they deserved F1 and tried to renegotiate a cheaper deal.

Bernie will be better off with the Sky deal regardless of the viewing figures, it's just a bit of a downer for the many UK sponsors involved.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
fred7

15th May 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope was free with sky world not just the normal hd pack was put on that about 3 weeks after. Also i read that channel 5 wanted it and was willing to match sky but bernie said no
Rob E

15th May 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Felipe has never completely recovered from his accident in 2009. Ever since he returned from his head injury he has just not been as quick

<<  19    20    21    22    23    24    25  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0211129 seconds