corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nurburgring Trip - May 2009

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nurburgring Trip - May 2009
Half Pint

User status: Offline
12th May 09 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there will indeed and i'm sure i'll have a CS BBQ for some of the south east lot to make up for it....

Fad

12th May 09 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint

pissed off as we've had to cancel lots of stuff... but least i finally get my own garage so can finish the track corsa

There's a track corsa

Congrats mate where have you purchased?
Half Pint

12th May 09 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, there is indeed a fully stripped 1.6 corsa in hiding.... just need to finish the engine rebuild and put the cav slabs on...

we have a place in Sidcup which until the crunch we would have struggled to afford....
Fad

12th May 09 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate how long till you are living the Sidcup yuppy life with a debadged 318ci
Half Pint

12th May 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god knows, with all these surveys and solicitors....

as for the BMW, no chance i'm an Audi man now... lol. but the ducati i'm sure will piss off the neighbours especially with the termi's on it.
Ojc

12th May 09 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copied from 9am email

"Hello.

I'm certainly not in a work mood today. No manager Tuesday is WIN.

I've got the pack from VXRonline in front of me, there isn't a clear cut route planner in there. So yesterday I done some investigation with the help of Google Earth to determine what route we took last time.

What we do is take the E40 from the Euro Tunnel for around 30km and join up with the E42, we take the E42 and head towards Lille/Loos then Prum, then Nurburg.

I'm going to suggest this is the route that everyone takes because it's the most simple and the most scenic. What I'll do is print off the route from Google then put it in the pack. Obviously most people are going to via their Sat Navs so we need to somehow make sure that everyone has the same route on them.

I'll Do copies of the pack today and ring bind them. They have really good guide to the 'Ring in them which I forgot about."
jr

12th May 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Half Pint
me and the mrs are not definately going now

on the flip side bought a house

Yet Tony
CorsAsh

12th May 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
We will all be fine, though I will need a mobile tanker

How bigs the tank on a Scoob? It's probably not as far as you think it is over there from the ferry to the Ring.

Could you make it from where you are to say, Manchester on a tank or two?
Ojc

12th May 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, if you fill up in that petrol station just outside of the Eurotunnel and drive at a decent rate 80/90mph you should be able to make it 3/4 of the way there.
CorsAsh

12th May 09 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Ollie, can't be any worse than mine on fuel and I did from the Ring to Zeebrugge on 3/4 of a tank, about 55 litres or so, at 80/90 average.

I think a big difference is that on the continent you can cruise at a higher speed, there's not so much of the stop-start motoring you get over here in the UK. Burns less fuel if you're not having to accelerate back up to speed again cos two lorries are taking 5 miles to overtake and a tool in a Micra is doing 58mph in the 3rd lane.
richc

12th May 09 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Oh and Paul, I had this in the back of my mind when it started raining...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ekwEdxPIc

Yeah the track is absolutely lethal in even slight rain. I doubt I'll be venturing out at all if it's raining... Just not worth it, too unpredictable... one sec you've got grip, next sec you're completely sideways like on ice. Next sec you're understeering, next sec full grip etc...

Im sure when i spoke about this last year you talked of my lack of experience was why i had an off
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adac membership sorted
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have downloaded a copy of the route from ben love joys site for my satnav. Has a route and stop off points in it I think.

What if all the satnav people download that file?

Will whats ADAC?

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
willay
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like europe/german's version of the AA, gives me a cover for a year round europe and they are known to tow you off the tr ack for free if you're a member but 200 euros if you're not. its costs about 48 euros for the whole year. abit of a risk really because with all the changes that seem to be happening this year, the whole adac do free recovery subject seems iffy.
Ojc

12th May 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gav, I've got the route in the pack we got from our first trip which was the route we took the second time.

It's a bit longer than the usual route, but it's much easier and the roads are fantastic.

Its E40-E42 to Prum which goes south of Brussells rather than around the ring road which we done the first time and it's like being stuck on the M25 for hours.
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Gav, I've got the route in the pack we got from our first trip which was the route we took the second time.

It's a bit longer than the usual route, but it's much easier and the roads are fantastic.

Its E40-E42 to Prum which goes south of Brussells rather than around the ring road which we done the first time and it's like being stuck on the M25 for hours.

Is that the downloadable route you are talking about?

BTW how hard is the ring on tyres? Just looked at my rears and they arnt great ie about 2mm above the markers.

willay
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can afford it then treat yourself to a new set
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer can do just seems a waste of these if I only end up doing a couple of laps over there

[Edited on 12-05-2009 by gavin18787]

[Edited on 12-05-2009 by gavin18787]

willay
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 19:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be alright mate, just smash the fuck out of them in germany! wont be lapping in the rain tbh
gavin18787
Premium Member

12th May 09 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus mullering a set of tyres in under 4,000 miles is embarresing

Also I miss corsa tyres sizes they were alot cheaper

Paul_J

12th May 09 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring is really tame on tyres... it's not like a normal track day...

Normal track day is relentless tight corner after tight corner putting tyres under hard load and making them get hot and burn...

Nurburg, I had trouble keeping my r888s hot enough to grip, so unless I acted like a bellend on the slow bits chucking the car hard into corners, it was all over the place on the fast sweepers...

I'd go with almost bald tyres and probably return with them the same.

I am killing my rear tyres at the moment tho, I just pull out of t junctions sideways for shits and giggles.
taylorboosh

12th May 09 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this trip sounds ace but im a shit driver tbh so no point really, straight line ftw
Ojc

12th May 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gavin18787
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

Is that the downloadable route you are talking about?

Na, it's not downloadable but you can get it on your SatNav if you scroll through the routes, you just got to make sure you get on the E42 as soon as you possibly can. I've got the maps in the packs so we'll discuss it Sunday.
Andy Stocker

13th May 09 at 03:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holiday approved
willay
Premium Member

13th May 09 at 03:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Nurburgring Trip - May 2009 23 database queries in 0.0264840 seconds