corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay?

Poll: EU exit or stay?
LEAVE 65 (63.11%)
STAY 38 (36.89%)

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author EU exit or stay?
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
25th Jun 16 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I'm hearing from the remain camp is money money money. Nothing about the country.
kz

25th Jun 16 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck the country; I want money!
Bart

25th Jun 16 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
If 28% of the people didn't vote, they obviously don't give a shit about it....

No that is not the case!
I didnt vote and although im not sure if I made the right decision I know I didnt make the wrong decision.

I chose note to vote because I didnt feel empowered enough to know which decision would have what impact on the country.
Democracy works by letting people vote for the party they think best represents their views. It's the duty of that party/politician to then study and understand the issues – with the help of civil servants to make sensible decisions based on that, and within the bounds of the views they represent.

Many newspapers like The Sun, Daily Express, Daily Mail promoting hate and lies to sell papers publish an untrue story about immigration (discussing domestic policies not EU policies) in huge front page headlines, then have a tiny retraction on page 6 admitting the story was a lie next day.
The end result being that people with little knowledge of the way the EU and the country worked had no chance of gaining that knowledge. They based their decision on the lies and in some cases the hate being generated.

We're only just seeing the immediate effects of this, let’s not forget Nissan, Honda and others who manufacture here as a gateway to Europe....

[Edited on 25-06-2016 by Bart]
Generation

25th Jun 16 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Starting to believe this could go to a second referendum.
Never thought this petition would lead anywhere, but last I looked was 1.3 million backing it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Jun 16 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:

No that is not the case!
I didnt vote and although im not sure if I made the right decision I know I didnt make the wrong decision.

I chose note to vote because I didnt feel empowered enough to know which decision would have what impact on the country.

Ditto I didn't have the time or energy to do the relevant homework in order to make an informed decision.

I've taken some right shit the last 48hours for being a none-voter, I'm never allowed to complain about anything ever again apparently.

I feel that if more people skipped voting because they had a poor grasp of what was going on, then the decision may have been different or we would have at least seen a more one-sided result. (a 60:40 or 70:30 in either direction for example would have been much more convincing to me, as a neutral than a 51:49 or whatever it was...)

The number of people I've seen/heard from that didn't know which way to vote right up to the point they were putting pen to paper, or people that have regretted their decision is insane. How can such a big decision be made on such whim!? Put the fucking pen down and walk out of the booth...

I've seen discussions on FB in which Person A was voting X one minute, then two comments from friends or family completely changed their minds

I know that everybody is entitled to vote and that's the foundation of a democracy, but I really think that some kind of qualification questions on your ballot form may have weeded out some utter morons from voting. I'm not talking IQ tests or anything generic, but a question about the vote at hand... something like "What is the European Union" would have probably ruled out about 30% of the votes I reckon

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

25th Jun 16 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No that is not the case!

Democracy works by letting people vote for the party they think best represents their views. It's the duty of that party/politician to then study and understand the issues – with the help of civil servants to make sensible decisions based on that, and within the bounds of the views they represent.

Many newspapers like The Sun, Daily Express, Daily Mail promoting hate and lies to sell papers publish an untrue story about immigration (discussing domestic policies not EU policies) in huge front page headlines, then have a tiny retraction on page 6 admitting the story was a lie next day.
The end result being that people with little knowledge of the way the EU and the country worked had no chance of gaining that knowledge. They based their decision on the lies and in some cases the hate being generated.

We're only just seeing the immediate effects of this, let’s not forget Nissan, Honda and others who manufacture here as a gateway to Europe....

[Edited on 25-06-2016 by Bart]

I work for one of the biggest motor manufacturers in the world and we've been assured they won't be going anywhere.
Ben G

25th Jun 16 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Never thought this petition would lead anywhere, but last I looked was 1.3 million backing it.

Well theoretically veryone who voted remain would sign it...so no, it won't go anywhere.

The 'leave' voters could just make their own one and we'll be back to square 1 again.
Bart

25th Jun 16 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I work for one of the biggest motor manufacturers in the world and we've been assured they won't be going anywhere.

Thats good to hear but I think its only a standard statement not to create panic and rumours. Theres too much uncertainty for the future and you'd be kidding yourself if you beleive otherwise.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/nissan-says-no-comment-on-future-of-sunderland-plant-after-brexit-1-7980813

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/9796813/Hondas-UK-boss-warns-Britain-must-stay-at-heart-of-EU-as-it-cuts-800-jobs.html
MoesTavern

25th Jun 16 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't expect a second referendum, I certainly wouldn't expect the EU to accept a change of heart. 'Out is out' Remember?

That being said, nothing's actually happened yet. We haven't started the leaving process, and most likely won't for a good while. We'll have to wait for a new Tory leader first. Who knows what will happen.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Jun 16 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it had all blown over by tea time.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

25th Jun 16 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Thats good to hear but I think its only a standard statement not to create panic and rumours. Theres too much uncertainty for the future and you'd be kidding yourself if you beleive otherwise.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/nissan-says-no-comment-on-future-of-sunderland-plant-after-brexit-1-7980813

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/industry/9796813/Hondas-UK-boss-warns-Britain-must-stay-at-heart-of-EU-as-it-cuts-800-jobs.html

Nissan and Honda are both Japanese. Mine is American
Generation

25th Jun 16 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Well theoretically veryone who voted remain would sign it...so no, it won't go anywhere.

The 'leave' voters could just make their own one and we'll be back to square 1 again.

As already discussed.

Another referendum could lead to more people bothering to vote, it would also lead (from what I've read) quite a few people changing their vote too
Generation

25th Jun 16 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MoesTavern
I wouldn't expect a second referendum, I certainly wouldn't expect the EU to accept a change of heart. 'Out is out' Remember?

That being said, nothing's actually happened yet. We haven't started the leaving process, and most likely won't for a good while. We'll have to wait for a new Tory leader first. Who knows what will happen.

I do agree, what's point of voting if it gets cancelled out?

What if next vote is stay, do we have a best of 3 situation?
Ben G

25th Jun 16 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

As already discussed.

Another referendum could lead to more people bothering to vote, it would also lead (from what I've read) quite a few people changing their vote too

Ok and then if the remain vote won, do we then have another referendum after that? Where does it end?
MoesTavern

25th Jun 16 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose in theory there would have to be a greater majority, say 70% or higher. A proper conclusive result
Cavey

25th Jun 16 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a complete and utter farce if there is another referendum. You can't just keep going until you get the result you want. It's been done. Get on with it. The difference was 1.7 million wasn't it? Hardly a small amount.

I'll tell you what. Let's not let old people vote next time. Open it up to 16 and 17 year olds. That'll sort out the result
Cavey

25th Jun 16 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the rules said you need a 70% majority then fair enough. But they don't. Vote was done. Whichever way it went. Should be accepted. If it was remain I'd of not been bothered and carried on with my life. Not cried like half the remain people some to be doing
Cavey

25th Jun 16 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FTSE dropped 200 points yesterday. Yes its bad. But it was still above a month ago and well above Feb this year.
Generation

25th Jun 16 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As already discussed.

Ok and then if the remain vote won, do we then have another referendum after that? Where does it end?

I said that directly above what you said

I'm not saying there should be another one, I don't think there should be.
Ben G

25th Jun 16 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As already discussed.

I said that directly above what you said

I'm not saying there should be another one, I don't think there should be.

Yes I saw that, I clicked reply and it took me 15 mins to type that as I was watching football.
Bart

25th Jun 16 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
If the rules said you need a 70% majority then fair enough. But they don't. Vote was done. Whichever way it went. Should be accepted. If it was remain I'd of not been bothered and carried on with my life. Not cried like half the remain people some to be doing

I'm certain the brexit brigade suggested they would run a 2nd referendum if the results wasn't a majority vote.
It wasn't... It was almost 50/50
3CorsaMeal

25th Jun 16 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I feel like i want to go to a brexit celebration party this weekend. Am really chuffed about this.

Imagine how boring it would have been if we had remained. Surely our low pound is helping out all those countries already. Unless you are only concerned about yourself that's a good thing? We are all well off, stop being greedy and think about what's really important, not your holidays and value of your money.

Still yet to hear why its bad apart from money.
3CorsaMeal

25th Jun 16 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cavey

I'm certain the brexit brigade suggested they would run a 2nd referendum if the results wasn't a majority vote.
It wasn't... It was almost 50/50

You can ignore the London results, hardly any pure bloods there, all foreign.

[Edited on 25-06-2016 by 3CorsaMeal]
Generation

25th Jun 16 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm from east London. So are all of my family. Many "pure bloods"
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 16 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a true person from the north. My vote shoukd coint double

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » EU exit or stay? 25 database queries in 0.0340152 seconds