corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2012

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Day 2012
Simon

User status: Offline
17th Aug 12 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have strava running as well as the timing chip so will do. First race like this so won't be anything spectacular, but I am on a 29" so that should make it feel like half the distance
Jamie Walby

17th Aug 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are there time standards? So under x hours is gold and so on?

One im doing sunday is 47 miles, upto 3 hours gets you gold. Ive done 51 miles in 2 hours 51 in France last month so hoping I can beat that.

I actually have to do it in close to 3 hours to be able to make it to football in time
Cole

17th Aug 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Uploaded my 1st ride on strava tonight only 8.6 miles half Xc half on the rd with a pub stop in the middle lol
Jamie Walby

18th Aug 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw that Cole. Nice one.

Went for a gentle ride last night just to loosen my legs ready for tomorrow, Bagged a KOM on one segment and 2nd overall in 2 others!
Cole

18th Aug 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been looking at some of my mats times etc when we went out the other night it was pitch black and hes done a descent down a hill which is full of ruts and holes etc does it in just over a minute top speed reached 39mph wtf hes mental
Simon

18th Aug 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://app.strava.com/rides/18884787

Did it in 2:30. Strange course, went from dusty tracks to filthy muddy tracks which had people slipping and pushing which made stretches painfully slow.

The signing on route was also terrible in places, at one stage we had the 2 leaders, 2 guys on a pair of very nice scott sparks cycling back at us telling us it was the wrong way which then involved a 30min wait with a marshall until he could work out what had happened. When we got sent back on the right direction we realised somebody had since corrected the signs and we ended up joining the rest of the race mid field and kept getting stuck behind ridiculously slow people on singletrack with no chance to over take. So a frustrating race but still fun and cracking sunshine
Jamie Walby

18th Aug 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate! Glad you enjoyed it!

Were there timing standards?
Jamie Walby

18th Aug 12 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, mind if I follow you on Strava?
Simon

18th Aug 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no go for it, will follow back see where you ride. There weren't any standards as far as I'm aware. Which is a good thing, one of the guys I ride with normally came was the 2nd to finish, but only rode 17miles because he got fucked by the signs haha!
Cole

18th Aug 12 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice amount of climbing for the 1st 15 miles there Simon that would of killed me
Gary
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strava is shite round here. It only seems to have road routes on
Rob_sta

19th Aug 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done 33 mile on my cheapo decathlon road bike.

Enjoyable but hills are still a killer, any tips?
Cole

19th Aug 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a car lol hills are still my killer as well been trying to hit them hard this week and my legs are like jelly now
Jamie Walby

19th Aug 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did the 47 mile New Forest Rattler this morning. I too had some...... sign issues. Ended up doing 53 miles

Was aiming for sub 3 hours but with the extra I ended up with 3 hours 12 minutes (unofficial time from my Garmin will post official time when they are published)

25% gradient Blissford Hill was a bitch. Only ever ridden it once and had to jump off but managed to smash it out this time.

Ill post a few photos if I can.
Cole

19th Aug 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a full Susser bike now after seeing how much smoother they are to ride off road but for semi decent one I'm looking at 1k+ aaarrrgghh no money
Simon

19th Aug 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jaime- sounds good. It is pretty annoying getting messed around by shoddy signs! There were the official photographers at various spots on mine so I'll find some of them when they are available.

I normally ride a full suss but borrowed a hard tail for the race yesterday, don't want to give it back now. They definitely have their place over full suss on certain terrain, just been up my local woods and got a new KOM on a segment on it too. Guy who lent it me owns a bike shop, sure he lends me them so I fall in love ha
Jamie Walby

20th Aug 12 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair it was my fault I missed the sign. When I eventually found my way back the sign was very visible
Jamie Walby

20th Aug 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://app.strava.com/rides/19034649

Can see where I went majorly wrong
Cole

20th Aug 12 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a pretty steep climb at 40miles Jamie think I would of ha d a heart attack half way lol
Ben J

20th Aug 12 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tour of Britain coming right past my front door on Sept 10th. Wiggo is riding too. Loving that!

Jamie Walby

20th Aug 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
That's a pretty steep climb at 40miles Jamie think I would of ha d a heart attack half way lol

Gary
Premium Member

20th Aug 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
I want a full Susser bike now after seeing how much smoother they are to ride off road but for semi decent one I'm looking at 1k+ aaarrrgghh no money

Thinking this already too

Think it'll be a 2013 jobby though
Norcy91

20th Aug 12 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at Cyclo-crosses lately, i'm really wanting to get back on a bike, haven't had one for about 4 years!

I'm fancying a Cube, a lad at work has one and swears by it, uses it nearly everyday for a 20 miles round trip for work and does a couple of longer rides on it each week as well.

Are there any other brands of Cycle Cross people recommend? Looking to spend not much more than £1000!
Simon

21st Aug 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cube are doing really decent bikes, I've got a cube curve hybrid which I got a few years ago when cube were relatively new in the UK. Can't say I know anything about their cycle cross bikes though
Jamie Walby

21st Aug 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Official time was 3:18 for me for Sundays event.

Gonna do it next year, not get lost and beat my 3 hour target.

Started training for a duathlon now. One in the New Forest in October so gonna see how Im getting on with my running by early Sept and book it based on that.

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Bike Day 2012 23 database queries in 0.0223489 seconds