corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
Cavey

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr p. Is going to have a field day on the Liverpool statement I just half-heard on the coverage!
Dr Pepper

3rd Jan 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By the way - the Liverpool statement on the decision not to appeal is worth a giggle. Are they actually wanting to turn the club into a joke?
JonnyJ

3rd Jan 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16402595.stm

Statements
Cavey

3rd Jan 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, seeing the fixtures i can understand why they chose to start the suspension tonight, back for Spurs and Utd (provided they get through the fa cup against Oldham) they could even play for a draw, get a replay and get him back for more league matches, would means that more than half the suspension would be served on cup matches then
JonnyJ

3rd Jan 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am i getting the jist of the Liverpool statement right?

He's not guilty but we will accept the punishment as its not worth dragging on?

That reminds me of the time i found my car had been crashed into, after finding a broken part of a light on the floor we found it matched the missing bit of a light from another car in the car park. When i confronted the guy about it with the evidence i had he said "Aye i didnt do it but I'll pay for the damage"

Aye ok mate

[Edited on 03-01-2012 by JonnyJ]
Dr Pepper

3rd Jan 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Suarez statement tonight is almost unbelievable ....

Suarez-
""Like many of you I was born into a very humble family, in a working class neighbourhood, in a small country. But I was born and raised learning what respect, manners and sacrifice mean. "

Presumably he forget this when he in-sighted the crowd at Fulham, and the way in which he talks to Referees and opposing players....and also when he was saying "ok blackie, blackie, blackie" and admitting to kicking Evra "because you are black"

Suarez-
"Thanks to my family, from my first club where I started playing, to my transfer to Holland in Europe, I learned the values which made me the person I am now."

Strange family he must have seeing as though he was banned for 7 games in Holland for biting an opponent. Presumably his family also told him to cheat for his country at any cost

Suarez-
"I am very upset by all the things which have been said during the last few weeks about me, all of them being very far from the truth. "

He says ALL the things which have been said are very far from the truth? Really - seems like there were a lot of truths in that report...especially the ones backed up by Kuyt. The thing that has been furthest from the truth was Suarez and Liverpools original line on this charge

Suarez-
""In my country, 'negro' is a word we use commonly, a word which doesn't show any lack of respect and is even less so a form of racist abuse. Based on this, everything which has been said so far is totally false."

What?- you mean the bit where he called Evra Negro - then claimed he called him Negrito. Evras claims are fundamentally backed up by this statement - it really doesnt matter what Suarezmeant by the word, it is not acceptable to use that phrase on the pitch in the English Premiership...and it is an extremely stupid thing to say, and stupid area to go into in what was purely an attempt to wind Evra up. If he kept his mouth shut - he doesnt have a problem.

[Edited on 03-01-2012 by Dr Pepper]
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope Evra dies in a fire. Painfully. His deceitful ways and spiteful lies have tarnished the reputation of one of the most talented players in the prem. And the FA can burn too. Fucking corrupt bunch of wankers. If it was an english international player it would have been swept under the rug. Cunts.
chrisritch

3rd Jan 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And in regards to the statement of us veleiving Suarez is innocent but not appealing. We were never going to have a successful appeal regardless of any evidence.
Nath

3rd Jan 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blimey
Robbo

3rd Jan 12 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
I hope Evra dies in a fire. Painfully. His deceitful ways and spiteful lies have tarnished the reputation of one of the most talented players in the prem. And the FA can burn too. Fucking corrupt bunch of wankers. If it was an english international player it would have been swept under the rug. Cunts.
you are trolling right?

for a start, he has no reputation, unless you count the one of him handballing the ball off the line in a world cup qurter final (irreseptcive of whether you 'would have done the same') and of someone who bit a fellow player before?
Robbo

if they truly believed he was innocent then why would they not appeal imo
Nath

Copy pasta from another forum:

I know it's hard for you, but please try and be objective when considering the above statements, and the following points:

- Suarez spoke with Comolli in Spanish, and Kuyt in Dutch. What is the possibility that both misunderstood him in two separate languages?

- Kuyt, Dalglish and Comolli ALL stated that on the record that Suarez said "Tu es Negro" (you are black) or a variation thereof. What is the likelihood that all three would get it wrong?

- Kuyt, Dalglish and Comolli basically backed up Evra's version of events, and made the FA's case for them.

- Objectively speaking, it could be argued that it looks like Suarez changed his story after learning that Kuyt, Dalglish and Comolli ALL contradicted him.

- It's also entirely possible that Kuyt, Dalglish and Comolli ALL misheard/misunderstood Suarez. However, on the balance of probability (which is how the Panel assessed the evidence), you would have to say that it's not probable.

All in all, the discrepancies between Suarez's own statement and what he told Comolli, Dalglish, and Kuyt after the game was clearly fatal to his case. And I just don't see how three separate people could 'misunderstood' what Suarez had told them.

Try looking it from the Panel's POV: The Liverpool Manager, Director of Football, and a senior player - all credible witnesses - reported on the record that Suarez told them something different to his own personal statement.

At the end of the day, there's evidence that points to that Suarez is lying, while there's absolutely nothing suggesting that Evra's not telling the truth.
Dr Pepper

3rd Jan 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch

your embarrassing yourself...a bit like your club and your manager
mwg

4th Jan 12 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe LFC and Kenneth have the cheek to come out with the stuff they are doing, it's almost like they condone racism. He said Negro and he admitted to it! Not got a leg to stand on.

I am surprised that they didn't appeal, not because I think they have a case (they clearly don't) but cos they've been so bloody minded over this all along as shown by a majority of their supporters too. Now it's like they've said so much shit along the way that they daren't change what they are saying for fear of looking like fools now that the evidence has been made public. The reality is they've already made themselves look stupid.

I'm just glad it's over.

BTW every time I've read this thread on my iPhone it's asked if I wanted to open Dr P's posts in the reader they're that long Although they are good points he makes.

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by mwg]
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm very suprised we didn't appeal, we obviously didn't think it was worth it but I think the statement shows that we've found it difficult to stomach. Still think it's obsurd that, given the FA rules state that players aren't allowed to abuse other players based on race/religion/nationaility, one player who starts the arguement (and who's evidence is clearly 'embelished') by calling the other something derogatory based on nationality is off scott free and the other who responds with something that in his country (and dialect of spanish) isn't regarded as racist has the book thrown at him. Evra admitted he didn't think Suarez was racist, which is amusing considering the rediculous ott accusations he was throwing around. I suppose it comes down to racism being more important/topical than xenophobia. For me Suarez was naeve (sp) more than anything. I am glad it's over, but dissapointed that it's ended this way. It also sets a dodgy precedent, one that is likely to come back and bite the FA in the ass (although it's clear to me that they aren't the most consistent governing body around).

With regard to the timing, it had to be done then or he may have missed more league games which we don't need.
Ben J

4th Jan 12 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm bored of this now.
Rob_Quads

4th Jan 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Dalglish "insists the full facts have not been made public." why don't they publish thier own document of 'facts'?

Tom - Do you think Suarez is guilty of racism? (Ignoring whether Evra should be done as well!)
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
If Dalglish "insists the full facts have not been made public." why don't they publish thier own document of 'facts'?

Tom - Do you think Suarez is guilty of racism? (Ignoring whether Evra should be done as well!)

The report focussed on proving Saurez's guilt, there's bound to be stuff that was omitted to clean up the document and reduce additional questions imo.

I think he's been stitched up, he's not a racist but he was naeve in his use of his own language.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jamie Walby

4th Jan 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder what Liverpools black fans think of all this?
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
he's not a racist but he was naive in his use of his own language.

how can you say that, you've never met him at a zoo or anything.
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
John Barnes said that calling somebody a dirty black nigger who needs a kicking because of the colour of his skin isnt racist iirc
Tom

4th Jan 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
he's not a racist but he was naive in his use of his own language.

how can you say that, you've never met him at a zoo or anything.

Yes I have, was on my way to the airport (off to Brazil on business) and popped in.
Jamie Walby

4th Jan 12 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
John Barnes said that calling somebody a dirty black nigger who needs a kicking because of the colour of his skin isnt racist iirc

Seriously?
Jamie Walby

4th Jan 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone seen the episode of Boardwalk Empire where all the white people beat up the black guys that were striking. The whites used in that scene were Liverpool fans.

<<  22    23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 23 database queries in 0.0184441 seconds