corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew)
TheCam

User status: Offline
31st Jul 07 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad this thread was topped. interesting read.
Whittie

31st Jul 07 at 02:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read the whole thing! Good thread
Kellye

31st Jul 07 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bex them outside pics are right behind mine I can see this building at night when I look out my window.... I will take pics later.

I had to go round this one as my cat went missing when I first moved noway am I going inside tooo many bad stories heard.

What it used to look like

Sorry I know there are a few I got a bit carried away

[Edited on 31-07-2007 by Rallye106]
Kellye

31st Jul 07 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This used to be

this

Rebecca

31st Jul 07 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks kel.

I never seen the old pics before.

I knew it would of been a beautiful building but it truly was.!
bigdan

31st Jul 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lynny_sxi
trying to find some records about why an old mental hospital was closed, this place is dodgy as fuck, definantly soemthing going on there, we're trying to find out what, looked online and about 100 sites and someone else has checked out library etc, cant get anything on this place, anyone know anywhere else we can look?

[Edited on 31-08-2004 by Lynny]

[Edited on 26-04-2005 by Lynny]

[Edited on 30-01-2006 by lynny_sxi]

[Edited on 30-01-2006 by lynny_sxi]

is this the old cherry noels
Adam-D

31st Jul 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kellye

31st Jul 07 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by novabex
Thanks kel.

I never seen the old pics before.

I knew it would of been a beautiful building but it truly was.!

Was gorgeous. I cant believe I am living on it haha

some info on it below.

The Lancashire Hospital Board leased the Hall for the isolation of Diphtheria cases in the late 30’s. September 1939 saw Greaves Hall being approved to receive, control, care and treat 100 defectives. In 1953 the first sod of earth was cut in the first of several phases to allow Greaves Hall to eventually provide some 1,008 beds for mentally subnormal patients of both sexes. The first phase was completed at a cost of £878,667 in 1958, this provided accommodation for 270 patients. This phase included the boiler house, water tower, female patient’s workshops, nurse’s home, 28 staff houses and extensive sewer works.

1959 to 1964 saw phase two completed providing further accommodation for 340 patients. The cost was £1,531,477 and for this sum of monies, some 8 villa style buildings were constructed, kitchen and stores block, laundry, recreation hall, gymnasium, male patient’s workshops, garages, farm buildings, artisan workshops, school and 8 classrooms, nurses training school, nurses hostel and 36 staff houses.

The black and white photographs have been added from other sources to show the contrast and the history behind Greaves Hall without which the full extent of the ruins cannot be fully appreciated.

The 1989 White paper on Community Care ‘Caring for People’ and the ‘National Health Service and Community Care Act’, set the scene for the gradual run-down of the hospital. From the 1st April 1993, the community care reforms have been functional. With patients being cared for in the community the closure of Greaves Hall resulted.

The mock tudor mansion now awaits its fate. It shows signs of extreme fire damage and a great deal has now been knocked down since the fires. I personally think this modern way of business financially rewarding itself at the destruction of what our ancestors have worked hard to provide is a very sad method to live by.
FruitBooTeR

31st Jul 07 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

V interesting Thread

Wonder whats happinin with that St Mary's Hospital now did it get demolished?

If not they cant still be guardin it can they
N3CRO

31st Jul 07 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Only place near me that is suppose to be dodge is Clophill Church, which has fallen down and is in the middle of a woods. Its suppose to be haunted and it was pretty dodge to be near during the day

I'm near Clophil Church too. Been wanting to check it out for ages, might go up there sometime.
glasgow_corsa_c

31st Jul 07 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i love this thread..

theres 2 places beside me that i've went through on the bike before... but it is well shadey.

heres a link to both of them
woodilee hosp.
http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/Asylums/Woodilee.htm

lennox castle
http://www.lennoxcastle.co.uk/main_pages/history/index.html
i'll maybe get up there at the weekend if its dry and take sum snaps about. Its usually full of burnt out cars tho.
Dom

31st Jul 07 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Necromancer
quote:
Originally posted by Dom

Only place near me that is suppose to be dodge is Clophill Church, which has fallen down and is in the middle of a woods. Its suppose to be haunted and it was pretty dodge to be near during the day

I'm near Clophil Church too. Been wanting to check it out for ages, might go up there sometime.

think the place has been cleaned up a bit, thats what i was last told. But yea i wouldn't mind checking it out sometime, especially as im only a mile away.
Kurt

31st Jul 07 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just found this thread and it got me wondering if anyone can help me find a place ive heard about, its called 1945 and is apparently and underground bunker but has been converted to a club and celebrities go but ive asked local people and no one knows, been searching down back lanes and everything, just cant find it! its meant to be in/around holmes chapel in cheshire
glasgow_corsa_c

31st Jul 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glasgow_corsa_c
i love this thread..

theres 2 places beside me that i've went through on the bike before... but it is well shadey.

heres a link to both of them
woodilee hosp.
http://www.hiddenglasgow.com/Asylums/Woodilee.htm

lennox castle
http://www.lennoxcastle.co.uk/main_pages/history/index.html
i'll maybe get up there at the weekend if its dry and take sum snaps about. Its usually full of burnt out cars tho.

meant to add

theres this one too http://strathkelvin.members.beeb.net/broomhill.htm

noticed a couple of other hospitals that have been in my area and have since been demolished.. didnt even know they had been there in the first place!
Stu

31st Jul 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive not had time to read the whole thread even tho it was very interesting but I did find a few internal pics and even a vid from 28 days later. Do a search on the forum and theres loads of stuff on there.

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=17631&highlight=st+marys+hospital+stannington

Like I say I havent read the whole thread so my apologies if anyone has posted this up!

Stu

31st Jul 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How creepy!!

RichR
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ Massage table - they're the same in Tunisia- for Massaging under a shower spray!
Stu

31st Jul 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
^^^ Massage table - they're the same in Tunisia- for Massaging under a shower spray!

Ah right? I thought it was a chopping board as on the site they say it was located in the morgue?

Gary
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 14:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like somthing they'd chop you up on, so stuff drains away.
Dom

31st Jul 07 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

Ah right? I thought it was a chopping board as on the site they say it was located in the morgue?

isn't it just a table to lay bodies on so fluids/blood drain away whilst their doing autopsies?
RichR
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 14:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the Tunisian's use ex-UK Morgue equipment, I had a massage on one - some ropey Tunisan bird in a swimming costume - come to think of it - the table wasn't all that comfy
Stu

31st Jul 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
isn't it just a table to lay bodies on so fluids/blood drain away whilst their doing autopsies?

Thats what I'd have though! Surroundings dont seem very "relaxing" to be having a massage!
RichR
Premium Member

31st Jul 07 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They wern't in Tunisia either

and I got ripped off - but it was definately one of them; now I look at it, I thinks its a post mortem table but it is exactly what they had over in Tunisia which is worrying
Kellye

31st Jul 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
pdwhelan

31st Jul 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

autopsy table!

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hmm a bit dodgy, can anyone help....updated (56k go make a brew) 22 database queries in 0.0218949 seconds