corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Derren brown to predict lottery result live just before the draw??

New Poll
  <<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Derren brown to predict lottery result live just before the draw??
Carl

User status: Offline
11th Sep 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Babyblade - a group of 24 of us have got together and found the average of our decision on if you're correct or not.

You're incorrect.

Do you believe us now?

Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Cosmo

At which point...the fact Ive emailed it him or that 24 of us have averaged out that he is wrong?
Nath

11th Sep 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Both.
Cosmo

quote:
Originally posted by BabyBlade
quote:

Yes it matters, its basic english, YOUR native language.

well then you should probably change your location from "Im the real one!"

Last time I checked it's "I'm".

Right, so YOU'RE comparing missing out the ' to you just using the wrong damn word?
Cosmo

quote:
Both.

WIN WIN
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New sig
BabyBlade

11th Sep 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Right, so YOU'RE comparing missing out the ' to you just using the wrong damn word?

I personally havn't got a problem with it.

It's very hypercritical if you think poor spelling is any worse than poor punctuation.
Nath

11th Sep 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet Derren Brown is a grammar Nazi.

[Edited on 11-09-2009 by Nath]
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I personally havn't got a problem with it.

It's very hypercritical if you think poor spelling is any worse than poor punctuation.

Actually what you posted was a grammatical error.

Either way, back to the maths (which YOU'RE also bad at)....

Paul_J

11th Sep 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Fucking A+

Oh my god - that's brilliant

Posted on Facebook
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add it to your Youtube vid at the end Paul
Paul_J

11th Sep 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish I could change the vid!
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just add it as a reply with that as the 10 second vid!
BabyBlade

11th Sep 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could just be a dodgy keyboard to be fair, I guess you better weigh up the odds ?

At the end of the day I havn't disagreed with the odds, I'm just putting another point of view on things, each to their own.

I do believe there are ways you can help your chances (considering its not a one off draw).

On the offical website it even tells you the most popular balls and least popular.

By using these balls does it mathematcially give you a better chance of winning ? No

However it has shown that at that time they've made the most appearances, so why would it be wrong to chose one or two of those numbers for the next few draws after?

each to their own, i personally think choosing 6 consecutive numbers is less likely to win the jackpot, than non consecutive, but the odds are heavily stacked against anyone winning.

[Edited on 11-09-2009 by BabyBlade]
Danny P

11th Sep 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
each to their own, i personally think choosing 6 consecutive numbers is less likely to win the jackpot, than non consecutive, but the odds are heavily stacked against anyone winning.

Every single one of the 13,983,816 possible combinations has the same chance of coming out.

FACT.
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It could just be a dodgy keyboard to be fair, I guess you better weigh up the odds ?

At the end of the day I havn't disagreed with the odds, I'm just putting another point of view on things, each to their own.

I do believe there are ways you can help your chances (considering its not a one off draw).

On the offical website it even tells you the most popular balls and least popular.

By using these balls does it mathematcially give you a better chance of winning ? No

However it has shown that at that time its the made the most appearances, so why would it be wrong to chose one or two of those numbers for the next few draws after?

I dont even know where to start with this post!

Genuinely, what grade did you get in GCSE maths?

Probability states, that no matter what numbers have been drawn the most, or least, the next draw that happens all 49 balls have EXACTLY the same chance as being drawn.

You could pick the most drawn 6 balls in the whole history of the lottery, but your chances of winning would be the same as if you had picked the least 6 drawn balls in the history of the lottery.....or 1,2,3,4,5,6.
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
each to their own, i personally think choosing 6 consecutive numbers is less likely to win the jackpot, than non consecutive

Actually, given there are less possible sequential combinations than random, it is more likely you'll win with a sequential than a random number combination.

[Edited on 11-09-2009 by Cosmo]
Carl

11th Sep 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

However it has shown that at that time they've made the most appearances, so why would it be wrong to chose one or two of those numbers for the next few draws after?

[Edited on 11-09-2009 by BabyBlade]

You just contradict your way all through the post. You either understand odds or you don't and from where i'm sat it looks like you don't understand them at all.
BabyBlade

11th Sep 09 at 23:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

However it has shown that at that time its the made the most appearances, so why would it be wrong to chose one or two of those numbers for the next few draws after?

I dont even know where to start with this post!

Genuinely, what grade did you get in GCSE maths?

Probability states, that no matter what numbers have been drawn the most, or least, the next draw that happens all 49 balls have EXACTLY the same chance as being drawn.

You could pick the most drawn 6 balls in the whole history of the lottery, but your chances of winning would be the same as if you had picked the least 6 drawn balls in the history of the lottery.....or 1,2,3,4,5,6.

B in Maths
C in English

although this was 9 years ago.

I have a HNC in Mechanical Engineering and use maths every day in my job. I don't claim to be the brightest lad around but you really don't know anything about me, other than my views on the lottery..

Like I said I don't disagree on the odds, in one of my very first posts I said I see where your coming from.

You seriously need to let your issues go, is it just luck that 6 consecutive numbers has never come out? What is the most? 3 ?

Considering the lotto draw is on 1400 draws and the most thats come out is 3 consecutive numbers, I still feel I have a valid point.

Before you say I know the odds are just under 1 in 14mil and 1400 draws doesnt dent that. 1400 draws is still a relatively large set of data to make a few face value assumptions.

If the number 5 had only come out half as many times as the next number, mathematically it still has the same odds of being drawn, however it still wouldn't be a bad assumption, that it doesnt stand a chance of coming out in the next draw.

Call it probability on a valid set of data ?
DaveyLC

11th Sep 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Derren Brown 11/09/09:
"If anyone asks me how I predicted the lotto I'll just say it was a trick"

Well he doesnt want to be accused of blatantly lying to the public does he
BabyBlade

11th Sep 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl

You just contradict your way all through the post. You either understand odds or you don't and from where i'm sat it looks like you don't understand them at all.

I get them, I honestly do, its not rocket science. I know what I mean obviously I havn't expressed my point across in the right manner.
BabyBlade

11th Sep 09 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just like looking at things differently, its part of my job and its good not just to take things at face value.

At the end of the day the odds are stacked against you anyway so why play the game in the first place?

The very fact your playing means your not paying attention to the odds..
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
B in Maths
C in English

although this was 9 years ago.

I have a HNC in Mechanical Engineering and use maths every day in my job. I don't claim to be the brightest lad around but you really don't know anything about me, other than my views on the lottery..

I dont claim to know anything about you, Im just wondering what I am dealing with when trying to explain BASIC probability. You seem a bright guy with at least basic maths knowledge, so Im a bit confused why you dont get what we are all (yes not just me) saying.

quote:

Like I said I don't disagree on the odds, in one of my very first posts I said I see where your coming from.

You seriously need to let your issues go, is it just luck that 6 consecutive numbers has never come out? What is the most? 3

Considering the lotto draw is on 1400 draws and the most thats come out is 3 consecutive numbers, I still feel I have a valid point.

Before you say I know the odds are just under 1 in 14mil and 1400 draws doesnt dent that. 1400 draws is still a relatively large set of data to make a few face value assumptions.

Yeah, none of this matters really. Im not sure what point you're trying to make really.

I suppose you may be trying to say that their is more chance of a random number sequence coming out than a sequential number sequence. This is part ture and part rubbish.

If you are the 'normal' person on the street putting 1-5 lines on a week then the odds of any six random numbers coming up (sequential or not) are the same.

Now if you had put all approx 14m combinations on, then yes, their is more chance of the random number combination coming up than the sequential combination coming up as there are more of the random combinations. The only problem is this theory is flawed as you will win no matter what the outcome.

quote:

If the number 5 had only come out half as many times as the next number, mathematically it still has the same odds of being drawn, however it still wouldn't be a bad assumption, that it doesnt stand a chance of coming out in the next draw.

Call it probability on a valid set of data ?

Yes it would be a horrendous presumption. Your theory is absolutely flawed, amazingly flawed in fact.

5 could of come out ZERO times in the last 10yrs, but its chances of coming out in the next draw are the same as a ball thats been drawn every week for the last 10yrs.....49 to 1.
Carl

11th Sep 09 at 23:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14,000,000 to 1 compared to 1400 draws.
Each draw 1,2,3,4,5,6 has 14,000.000 in one chance. so that so 19600000000 to 1400
not 13998600 to 1.
Cosmo

11th Sep 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I just like looking at things differently, its part of my job and its good not just to take things at face value.

At the end of the day the odds are stacked against you anyway so why play the game in the first place?

The very fact your playing means your not paying attention to the odds..

WTF are you spouting now?

The lottery is purely a set of fixed odds. Nothing changes this. Although Derren, and YOU, are trying to argue that a group of 24 people can change these fixed odds.

Its nothing about looking at things differently, as if you do that in this case the only way you are looking at it is WRONGLY. Its the last time I'll tell you, but you are 100% factually incorrect in all the points you are saying. The maths proves you wrong totally, and no amount of arguing will prove otherwise.

<<  23    24    25    26    27    28    29  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Derren brown to predict lottery result live just before the draw?? 22 database queries in 0.4361122 seconds