corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread
spencer88

User status: Offline
1st Aug 11 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome race, Hamilton was at fault and deserved the drive through.
Dom

1st Aug 11 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88

Yup, he got penalised for impeding (it's in the regs somewhere) another driver. Ultimately tyres screwed Hamiliton yesterday though, no doubt if he didn't go to inters he'd have won or at worst been second. Good drive by Button though, tyres choices in his favour and his ability to look after tyres got him the win. Only issue is Vettels lead, think the WDC is pretty much over unless Vettel has a load of DNFs.
mwg

1st Aug 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the teams at the back need to run him off the road in a way that looks like an innocent accident or at least Vettels fault
spencer88

2nd Aug 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Yup, he got penalised for impeding (it's in the regs somewhere) another driver. Ultimately tyres screwed Hamiliton yesterday though, no doubt if he didn't go to inters he'd have won or at worst been second. Good drive by Button though, tyres choices in his favour and his ability to look after tyres got him the win. Only issue is Vettels lead, think the WDC is pretty much over unless Vettel has a load of DNFs.

They said about the tyre choice how it is the lead drivers choice.

I did like the Button/Hamilton overtaking stint.
JonnyJ

2nd Aug 11 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Aye, WDC is completely over now. i can't see an 85 point swing in one of the chasing drivers favour in the next 8 races. they are all taking points off each other so despite Vettel not winning as much recently he isnt actually losing any of his lead, quite the opposite in fact. So thats done and dusted, well done Vettel.

That said I'm still really enjoying the races this season and i think you can tell the chasing drivers have kinda just given up hope of the WDC this season and are just focusing on winning as many races as they can for pride, which is producing some great racing and some different winners.

Only got round to watching the race last night and it was another really good race. Hamilton/Button battles were good and its a shame Hamilton opted to risk the Inters and then get that penalty (which was probably just about deserved, good reactions for PDR to take avoiding action) as that fight could have gone to the wire, although i think Button had the better tyres on the finish the race so would have ultimately won either way. The start was awesome and looked like the car were on ice. The Mclarens definitely work better than the RBs in those conditions and get the heat into the tyres quicker, Vettel was a sitting duck.

Hoping Spa throws up its usual crazy weather after the break, even if the WDC title is a dud now, its still exciting to watch.
spencer88

2nd Aug 11 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

Aye, WDC is completely over now. i can't see an 85 point swing in one of the chasing drivers favour in the next 8 races. they are all taking points off each other so despite Vettel not winning as much recently he isnt actually losing any of his lead, quite the opposite in fact. So thats done and dusted, well done Vettel.

That said I'm still really enjoying the races this season and i think you can tell the chasing drivers have kinda just given up hope of the WDC this season and are just focusing on winning as many races as they can for pride, which is producing some great racing and some different winners.

Only got round to watching the race last night and it was another really good race. Hamilton/Button battles were good and its a shame Hamilton opted to risk the Inters and then get that penalty (which was probably just about deserved, good reactions for PDR to take avoiding action) as that fight could have gone to the wire, although i think Button had the better tyres on the finish the race so would have ultimately won either way. The start was awesome and looked like the car were on ice. The Mclarens definitely work better than the RBs in those conditions and get the heat into the tyres quicker, Vettel was a sitting duck.

Hoping Spa throws up its usual crazy weather after the break, even if the WDC title is a dud now, its still exciting to watch.

I don't know whether it is the Mclaren works better or the fact Hamilton is a nutter and will just throw it around and Button knows how to use tyres.
Rob_Quads

3rd Aug 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
although i think Button had the better tyres on the finish the race so would have ultimately won either way.

He only had the better tyres still on his car because hamilton got infront of him and got the call on the inters. He as much as admitted that if he was in front he would have gone in for the inters and then it would have been him who wasted a tyre change.

There was a lot of luch involved with his win last weekend
Jamie-C

23rd Aug 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Senna taking Heidfelds seat for Spa, should be interesting. - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14624084.stm
Cole

23rd Aug 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no drs up eau rouge
Tiesto

23rd Aug 11 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spa Best track on the calendar this weekend can't wait
AndyKent

24th Aug 11 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About the only track I'd like to visit in the flesh to watch F1

And Monza.
Jamie-C

25th Aug 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heidfeld isn't happy about being dropped - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motorsport/formulaone/8717437/Renault-could-face-legal-action-from-Nick-Heidfeld-for-alleged-plans-to-replace-him-with-Bruno-Senna.html
Dom

27th Aug 11 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just saw this on another forum, pretty impressive stuff from Tom Cruise - CLICK. Although i bet they edited out all of the stalls
Ben G

27th Aug 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what the fucking fuck was maldonado playing at there? shit cunt moron.
BarnshaW

27th Aug 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what a little cunt, thats bang out of order
Ben G

27th Aug 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omfg can't believe maldonado just side swiped hamilton disgusting. needs to be banned.
kennySRi

27th Aug 11 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a very strange thing to do. Ban him from the race would be nice but i doubt that will happen.
Ben G

27th Aug 11 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2nd place, not bad.

sparks from hamiltons car was a bit mental
FAZ
Premium Member

27th Aug 11 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gonna be a good race me thinks tomorrow
Ben G

27th Aug 11 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be, usually a few crashes into that tight first corner so button could be under threat.

can't wait to see schumacher on one of his charges, will be epic imo.
JonnyJ

27th Aug 11 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button

tbh not his fault if be got called in. Good quali by Lewis, hope he can jump seb at the start.
Jamie-C

27th Aug 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a great qualifying Didn't know who was going to nab it, on the edge of the seat stuff there

WTF was Maldonado at though, stupid twat. Hamilton should kill him IMO.
Ben G

27th Aug 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hamilton will get his brother on him imo.
Dom

27th Aug 11 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at replays (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vafmrv8VzW4) it looks like both were trying to get the other to yeild after coming out of La Source - Maldonado pulls across Hamilton (04) and Hamilton tries to pull a 'fakey' (05).
Maldonado probably wanted to get his point across after Hamilton stormed up the inside of him and made contact whilst doing a 'hot' lap. Certainly rough driving, don't think it's ban worthy though.

Shame about Button though, let Hamilton past and got bum fucked for it. If it was going to be wet tomorrow then he'd probably be in the odds for getting a podium, but i think he knew that he was screwed when he was being interviewed as he looked like he was about to cry as he was mentioning that it'd be a dry race.

I predict a typical RBR 1, 2 with Massa coming in behind. Hamilton will either wrap it into a barrier whilst attempting some 'heroic' maneuver affter getting shafted by McLaren's brilliant strategy.

Edit - Better video of the Mal/Ham scrap (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC8SOVCfuyw). Looks like Maldonado pulls out, Hamilton goes in for a little swipe (0:39), Maldonado attempts to cross Hamilton whilst Hamiltons tries a 'fakey'.

[Edited on 27-08-2011 by Dom]
AndyKent

27th Aug 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I first saw it I thought they were going for each other 50/50, but then why would Hamilton risk his own car when he knew he had Q3 to get through.

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2011 Thread 23 database queries in 0.0203240 seconds