corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Sean

User status: Offline
26th Aug 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh, you going mk meet? would love to get a closer look
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Aug 11 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i should be there dude, just remind me and i'll let you have a good look around

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
M Sutton

27th Aug 11 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans!
Damon.c

28th Aug 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love it can wait to see it. do you still use coilovers with bags?
Paul W
Premium Member

28th Aug 11 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mark! Your mirrors will be adding a finishing touch to my plans

Damon, it's pretty much a complete sset-up, the fronts are normal struts but with air bags in place of a coil spring, so the front coilovers are replaced. For the rears you have to use shortened shocks and the air bag replaces the coil spring on the beam.

Matty.L

28th Aug 11 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u sir are a legend lol damons always talking about u and ur bros cars at work. hope to see it at six fields if ur going
DanCobb

31st Aug 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will look awsome on bags

&
quote:
Originally posted by Sean
oh and another thing, whats it like with the glare from the sun? is it bad?

I've glossed my centre bit and clock thing and there's no glare on that from sun. Just glossy reflections hardly notice it
Paul W
Premium Member

31st Aug 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, cheer Matty fingers crossed i'll be there

And cheers Daniel, can't wait to get 'em sorted. Tempted to try and get some nice splits for it to do something special with so i can pose at shows

Matty.L

2nd Sep 11 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

splittys aye?
set of billet 17's be pretty sweet

not to badly priced from what i was looking at
they do loads of 2 and 3 peice splits
Paul W
Premium Member

3rd Sep 11 at 15:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do like the image splits, but getting a set would cost over a grand

Paul W
Premium Member

16th Sep 11 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kinda had a loss of interest as i found a leak in my boot when i was planning out the false floor and tank/compressor set-up a few weeks back so i've given myself a kick up the arse and given myself a target of finding and fixing the leak in my boot and having the bags trial fitted in time for the MK meet. Been thinking of some trick stuff to do with the interior too, thinking of moving/hiding the headunit away and having the air ride controls where the head unit used to be, thinking i'll give it a go anyway. Need to find an upholsterers or something local to get my leathers repaired as the bolsters starting to wear, might even get some stuff trimmed while i'm at it. Thinking up some crazy plans which probably won't happen but i so wish would. Overall goal is to have pretty much everything sorted over winter/spring to hit next season of shows hard

Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

17th Sep 11 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

plans sound great!!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
ktz28

17th Sep 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked this motor dunno why tho have never liked 5 door cars but what you have done is really nice

[Edited on 17-09-2011 by ktz28]
Paul W
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Darryl, and cheers ktz28, spread the more door lurrrve haha.

Possibly might have found a replacement, going to view it tomorrow afternoon, and if it's clean enough underneath i'll be driving it back too, '96 rio verde more door gls, same spec as this one, 48k full service history and looks spot on. I may be having a fresh start soon

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 17:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooo!

Should be awesome if it's solid underneath,hope you get it mate.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Paul_JC

21st Sep 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul im sure you and danny have got it covered but if you havent already fitted them then give me a shout if you want another pair of hands for the bags. i always wanted to bag my grey sport but never had the cash. and also with the headunit id stick it in the glovebox
Paul W
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the offer Paul, an extra pair of hands can always come in handy, i'll get dan to give you a shout if we need ya bud need to get some rear bag mounts made up, been speaking to Ray from rayvern for that. The glove box was my initial idea for the headunit, should just be a case of extending the ISO adapter to reach and finding a decent enough way to mount it all up

AlexW

23rd Sep 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something that might be up your street is to mount the facepanel in the visor and have the head unit hidden somewhere (Underseat maybe). I done this on a old VW, Just ment a bit of wiring.
Darryl H
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Something that might be up your street is to mount the facepanel in the visor and have the head unit hidden somewhere (Underseat maybe). I done this on a old VW, Just ment a bit of wiring.

That would be quite cool! Would mean you could mount it perminantly somewhere

AlexW

23rd Sep 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, It takes a bit of work to get the faceplate to sit in the visor and stay there, and the wiring needs a little messing around as obviously you have to do each individual pin.

Takes time but on the car I did it on, It was awesome.
Darryl H
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can imagine it would look good!

Paul W
Premium Member

23rd Sep 11 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does sound quite interesting Alex, got any pics of it done? Only reason i was thinking of having it hidden away in the glovebox or something was cos i'd have my audio controls on my veccy gsi steering wheel to control everything without having to reach for it like

Paul_JC

24th Sep 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When it comes to mounting it in the glovebox its quite simple if you have the cage and some other bits of sheet metal you can make a simple holder up that would do the job well.

As for the bag mounts if you know what needs doing then my mate is a shit hot welder and could sort you out?

and i hope im needed then as said i always wanted to bag my old corsa
AlexW

24th Sep 11 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No pics of the one I did unfortunately, Although I'm sure you could find a few other examples on the web.

Paul W
Premium Member

26th Sep 11 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
When it comes to mounting it in the glovebox its quite simple if you have the cage and some other bits of sheet metal you can make a simple holder up that would do the job well.

As for the bag mounts if you know what needs doing then my mate is a shit hot welder and could sort you out?

and i hope im needed then as said i always wanted to bag my old corsa

I think the rear bag mounts are just a piece of metal bolted to the top/bottom with tube welded to them to seat them in the spring cups, not sure though

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0215399 seconds