corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Saw this Cupra 2day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saw this Cupra 2day
StuartVRS

User status: Offline
11th Apr 04 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary GSi
The standard dump valves are Bosch recirculating valves. The best upgrade is to go for the Bailey recirculating valve, For the best upgrades go to Jabbasport. They do a IHI turbo upgrade and remap. One of there demo cars has well over 300BHP and does 5 sec 0 -60s.

[Edited on 11-04-2004 by Gary GSi]

In your opinion though. The best upgrades are offered by oettinger, a lot more pricey but much better. Jabba do great stuff i admit due to the fact their maps are custom i believe and much more affordable than other tuners. The best recirc DV is actually from testing an upgraded standard one, it wont have the reliability i admit but a lot cheaper.
StuartVRS

11th Apr 04 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
I've been on the AMD website looks very impressive Stage 1 upgrade gives 40 bhp and 40lb torque for £550 fitted with a remap and tune.

How is the audi mate? Go on, go for it get it chipped. You wont regret it PS Buy my wheels
vibrio
Banned

11th Apr 04 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
The standard dump valves are Bosch recirculating valves. The best upgrade is to go for the Bailey recirculating valve, For the best upgrades go to Jabbasport. They do a IHI turbo upgrade and remap. One of there demo cars has well over 300BHP and does 5 sec 0 -60s.

In your opinion though. The best upgrades are offered by oettinger, a lot more pricey but much better. Jabba do great stuff i admit due to the fact their maps are custom i believe and much more affordable than other tuners. The best recirc DV is actually from testing an upgraded standard one, it wont have the reliability i admit but a lot cheaper.

oettinger are poo
CORSA NUT

11th Apr 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ohhhhhhh sorry stu and phil forgot to say about my car

well they fixed the faults i found but the clutch pedal is still sticking but it will be sorted soon.

The milage was entered wrong at about 9000 miles and threw the HPI record off.Basically it was a guess to what the milage 'should' be rather than what it was.

Stu i'm going to Turkey in 3 months with the missus so i aint got much ££££ to spare mate sorry How much were you asking again?
StuartVRS

11th Apr 04 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
quote:

oettinger are poo

This time i have to disagree, ive seen great results from them on audi's, for Seat Cupras though, i have no experience of any results from them but maybe you have.
StuartVRS

11th Apr 04 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ohhhhhhh sorry stu and phil forgot to say about my car

well they fixed the faults i found but the clutch pedal is still sticking but it will be sorted soon.

The milage was entered wrong at about 9000 miles and threw the HPI record off.Basically it was a guess to what the milage 'should' be rather than what it was.

Stu i'm going to Turkey in 3 months with the missus so i aint got much ££££ to spare mate sorry How much were you asking again?

700 quid for Wheels and -50mm H&R lowering springs, but 2 wheels need to be refurbished mate.
CORSA NUT

11th Apr 04 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oooooooo ouch! no can do mate sorry
StuartVRS

11th Apr 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Tis ok, need to sell them to help fund my 19's so if ya know of anyone, let me know
vibrio
Banned

11th Apr 04 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

oettinger are poo

This time i have to disagree, ive seen great results from them on audi's, for Seat Cupras though, i have no experience of any results from them but maybe you have.

you get better results from most other makes of chips. also their 210 conversion is actually about 189hp
CORSA NUT

11th Apr 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Tis ok, need to sell them to help fund my 19's so if ya know of anyone, let me know

Wil do mate
StuartVRS

11th Apr 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

oettinger are poo

you get better results from most other makes of chips. also their 210 conversion is actually about 189hp

thats interesting, as i say ive only ever seen great figures from their remaps and never heard a bad thing about them. Got any more info on this Vibs?
Gary GSi

11th Apr 04 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have heard of 1.8T Golfs, A3s and Ibiza's all responded well to Jabba stuff. Reliability was still second to none as with all V.A.G. after serious turbo upgrades. The standard bottom end can take double the standard engine power before internal engine work is needed.
I am hoping to put a 1.8T in my MK1 golf if i can find a good one at a salvage yard.
Robbo

11th Apr 04 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nobber

12th Apr 04 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vib, I said it before and I'll say it again. Not only do you post shit on SCN you post shit on here.

I was at the rolling road session and saw a std Ibiza Cupra R run 202bhp and 189lb/ft of torque. I can even link you to the RR plot if you like.

I also was there and saw remapped std 156bhp cupra's do over 200bhp.

I also witnessed one of the first runs of Jabba sports IHI turbo conversion on Bill Brockbanks 354bhp ibiza and a revo'd TDi doing over 300 ib/ft of torque.
vibrio
Banned

12th Apr 04 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Salon Racer
Vib, I said it before and I'll say it again. Not only do you post shit on SCN you post shit on here.

I was at the rolling road session and saw a std Ibiza Cupra R run 202bhp and 189lb/ft of torque. I can even link you to the RR plot if you like.

I also was there and saw remapped std 156bhp cupra's do over 200bhp.

I also witnessed one of the first runs of Jabba sports IHI turbo conversion on Bill Brockbanks 354bhp ibiza and a revo'd TDi doing over 300 ib/ft of torque.

yes my car run on two runs gave results which were 5hp out all the way through the rev range. rollers can give funny results. explain how a car which has 180hp as standard makes over 20hp from factory. you could extpect a few extrra but not 20hp.

Nobber

12th Apr 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cos the 180bhp isn't a true figure?!

Thing is it's not just the once, it's happened time and time again. so are all rollers wrong?

[Edited on 12-04-2004 by Salon Racer]
vibrio
Banned

12th Apr 04 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Salon Racer
cos the 180bhp isn't a true figure?!

Thing is it's not just the once, it's happened time and time again. so are all rollers wrong?

[Edited on 12-04-2004 by Salon Racer]

yes. even the people on SCN know it's not right

[Edited on 12-04-2004 by vibrio]
Robbo

12th Apr 04 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:S How much to insure summat like a 94-96 M3? I saw some on AT for around £7k :S
vibrio
Banned

12th Apr 04 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
:S How much to insure summat like a 94-96 M3? I saw some on AT for around £7k :S

I suggest you phone an insurance company
Robbo

12th Apr 04 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I might, I guess running costs etc are stupid with it tho :S
vibrio
Banned

12th Apr 04 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say probably no more than anyother 3 series of that mark apart from petrol consuption
Marc

12th Apr 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ins grp 20 so have a guess!!!!!
Robbo

13th Apr 04 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dang
Ditch

13th Apr 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo

lots more than an Ibiza Cupra!

E36 M3 Evo 3.2ltr 24valve - 321bhp

Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20vt - 150bhp

Robbo

13th Apr 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just a thought

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Saw this Cupra 2day 22 database queries in 0.2913239 seconds