corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » That mint LET GSI is for sale!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author That mint LET GSI is for sale!
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Jan 05 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power to weight is one thing, but you arnt taking into account of torque, 4wd, gearing, and aerodynamics all designed to be fast in the evo and the evo will win
foz mi16

1st Jan 05 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i know my mates clio which is running 180bhp i think it is can keep with my mates evo which is 280bhp i think.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evo's range between 4.2 - 5 secs to 60 no clio running 180 bhp is going to keep with that for many reasons

a: heavy car (even for a small car)
b: clio 16v or clio williams are very long geared

and all of the above i have said

no chance, mates evo 4 RS and my other mates evo 6 totally blast sumone we know with a nova let conversion
foz mi16

1st Jan 05 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok well im sure hes registered on here so u can ask him, i know both the drivers an they have both said so so cant see them both lying about it really?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 19:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clio williams are 150ish bhp as standard correct me if im wrong?

no 30 bhp increase is going to make them capable of evo speeds, i dno what your mates doing in his evo but it aint driving
foz mi16

1st Jan 05 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a clio 16 valve with 2.0 lump completely stripped out interior an the evo still has its interior so that will make a lot of difference for a start an i just checked its 280bhp.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot the clios 280bhp?
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the clios 280 bhp then furry muff
foz mi16

1st Jan 05 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No the evo is the clio is 180! Ill get him on here.
ClioF7R

1st Jan 05 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, im the guy with the clio.

I went on a rolling road day 2 weeks back, my mate came in the evo. His evo made 270bhp which was 191@wheels with 4x4 transmission loss. the car weighs over 1200kg so were looking at 159/ton@wheels.

my clio made 140@wheels and weighs 880kg exactly, work it out, 159/ton@wheels.

it does have more torque aye, he made 212lbs/ft and mine is 165lbs/ft, but still torque and power per ton there is nowt in it. iv had a few races, and he will hammer me off the start hence mid 13's 1/4 mile (mines 14.1 at the mo), but from rolling, there is nothing in it. let me dig out some videos. also got a a quick race with tumruds corsa turbo. that thing bloody shifts, he was 2 up as well, but it gives you a good idea considering its over 300bhp.

iv also got williams gearbox, its not long geared, it will only do 100 in 4th.

should be a different story when the throttle bodies go on in march that are sat waiting ;-)

[Edited on 01-01-2005 by ClioF7R]
foz mi16

1st Jan 05 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a 150bhp 106 gti, which would have been about same weight as clio, that was pulling 15.1 quarters, must be a magic 30 bhp you have then
ClioF7R

1st Jan 05 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proofs in the pudding mate, iv got RR graph, and 1/4 mile slip. i used to have a 1.8 16v clio which was 160bhp and 15.1 was my best in that purely cos it lacked the torque of the 2.0. if i didnt have to change to 5th gear 15 metres before the finish line it would be good for high 13's. it ran 14.3@ pod with an exhaust and decat, stardard willy 2.0 16v lump. since then all its had is some reprofiled cams, and a SMT6 ecu.

Marc

1st Jan 05 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14sec seems a bit quick too.
ClioF7R

1st Jan 05 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why is 14 sec 1/4 too quick for a car with 205/ton?
ClioF7R

1st Jan 05 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4th gear 70-100. its my mates 1994 evo2

evo

quick blast against timrud.

corsa
Dom

1st Jan 05 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol at this thread

people like steve believe that they know soooo much that anything else is an instant WRONG and they argue just for the toss of it, which is abit sad tbh...considering your probably never going to meet the other person, so what does it matter if their car rapes an evo to the moon and back
i understand the difference between farfetched and abit odd, but nothing is impossible in this world with the use of money

eitherway, ive seen a few LETs that have given alot of cars a run for the money, and an evo bloke (on some evo website, link was posted on CS about 4 months ago) had a little chunda with a nova let and said he couldnt shake it.....so i believe humble pie and eat it is for someone
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i argue bcus i have met so many fuckwits that think they know so much bcus they hang around mcdonalds and believe everything that is said to them!

not saying this is you clio man but you have to see the amount of shite that i have heard in my life and stuff that is posted on this board is example of that, again not directed at you mr clio
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have been bought up around people who actually know what they are talking about, for instance the folk at powerstation in cheltenham (the people who designed the impreza type 25, if you really wanna know about what power gains an exhaust and filter will give you go and speak to them you will be shocked.
Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prime example of the dumbass decisions people make on here, "I know lets change our high quality plastic bumpers for fibreglass shite that is worth about 5 pounds bu twe pay about 250 pounds for it, plus it will devalue our cars" wicked investment if you ask me
Dom

1st Jan 05 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree steve that there is alot of bullshitting chavs that talk shite and how an exhaust has given them 3million bhp more etc etc

Steve
Premium Member

1st Jan 05 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and you wonder why im dubious about sumone that comes on here saying his clio can keep with an evo
ClioF7R

1st Jan 05 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i understand what your saying pal, its the same on every forum. The best one iv read was on cliosport, a guy with a mk2 1.2 clio saying he kept up with an evo 6, because he overtook it in a gap in a traffic jam and the evo couldnt pull away! hahaha

but with regards to myself, im certainly not a chav, trackdays, and the strip is my fun in the car, but were talking a stripped out tuned 2.0 engine, lightweight alloys, 4pots etc, etc. im in it for performance not looks and bodykits!

p.s does anyone know a lad with a black corsa turbo from mansfield way on?? have seen it twice now on my way home from work.

this pic was before the respray, but you get the idea

Skipz

1st Jan 05 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
The green corsa behind it belongs to a lad from near me and he is a member of vxlscc so can be seen on most of their stands throughout show season. Griffin (Alex.S Dad) fitted the 2.0 and he has some massive install and the car was not long since featured in one of the mags but cant remember which one. Also there was a thread on here about it few weeks back. His name is bungle and here are some pics i have in my garage of it from PV this year gone

This car is also featured in this months Fast car.. i only bought the mag for the laser pen honest

Dom

1st Jan 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSiSteve
and you wonder why im dubious about sumone that comes on here saying his clio can keep with an evo

yea, but when they start pulling out figures you know that it isnt a chav mate majority of them will be like "ive yet to get it RR'd" or "it produces sooooo much torque that they cant measure it"

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » That mint LET GSI is for sale! 22 database queries in 0.0192790 seconds