corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car modifying these days (bit contraversial)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car modifying these days (bit contraversial)
SteveW

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 05 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was chattin to Millsy the other day, he is trying to get more subtle powerful and clean cars in there.. but sadley yes the main buying power for this mag is rudeboys etc...

but he wants to try and turn things around a little over the next year..

which IMO is a good thing, bring Max back to its glory days
Kris TD

2nd Feb 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

since getting my new car and trying too sell y corsa, i have decided its a complete waste of money doing have the stuff i did on my old car. am now concentrating on bits which actually benefi me rather than people outside the car. like stereo, bit of engine work etc... got fed up with the attention a "exterior modified car brings".
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe there needs to be another magazine aimed more at the fashion, or a mag concentrating more on driving modified cars?
Mattb

2nd Feb 05 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are some outhere but most are targetted towards older cars: cars and car conversions for example
J da Silva

I read Practical Performance Car, good mag

[Edited on 02-02-2005 by VenomTurbo]
SteveW

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
Maybe there needs to be another magazine aimed more at the fashion, or a mag concentrating more on driving modified cars?

top idea that.. i think that would work....
Matt H

quote:

Yes there should be
big eck

2nd Feb 05 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day its all down to PERSONAL taste, it wasnt so long ago that most people were sick of lookin at corsas with subtle kits and wheels (GSi's with speedlines), instead of the in yer face kits that most people stick on, no matter what you do to your car they'res always someone out there that will make out its a heap of sh!t hence why its all down to personal taste
Matt H

I like the Golf mags but even some of them have some godawful cars in them

Total Vauxhall has gone downhill too
hazey-corsa

quote:

Why I read magazines such as total vauxhall, fast ford, banzai etc because altho there is some tacky cars they focus on engines a bit more and explain how mods work, how best to tune engines etc etc
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kris TD
since getting my new car and trying too sell y corsa, i have decided its a complete waste of money doing have the stuff i did on my old car. am now concentrating on bits which actually benefi me rather than people outside the car. like stereo, bit of engine work etc... got fed up with the attention a "exterior modified car brings".

totally agree, this is what im doing with mine, want a few very subtle things done to exterior, jst to tidy it up etc, but end of day im not goina spent 10k+ to make the drive worse, my insurance higher and turn it into something ill regret.
Matt H

2nd Feb 05 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why are GSI's on Speedlines picked on so much
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with car mags these days u tend to have 2 extremes, the ones liek max power etc that aim at the pikey racer, or ones aimed at more 'mature' car enthusiasts that aim all their articles on cars such as ferraris and jags
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most of the Unity Media and A&S mags seemed to be aimed more towards enthusiasts rather than the general public.

There's no point publishing a magazine if no-ones going to buy it, so maybe the fine line is too fine?
big eck

2nd Feb 05 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance Ford mag is a good example of how mags should be, subtle clean looking cars with most mods done where it counts, under the bonnet
Joff

2nd Feb 05 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lynny
with car mags these days u tend to have 2 extremes, the ones liek max power etc that aim at the pikey racer, or ones aimed at more 'mature' car enthusiasts that aim all their articles on cars such as ferraris and jags

Which do you buy Lynn? Which? Which?
big eck

2nd Feb 05 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H

I would also like to know this
Lynny

2nd Feb 05 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Which do you buy Lynn? Which? Which?

autocar, very occasionally top gear, depends whats in it though, that kinda mag
Mattb

2nd Feb 05 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:

every man and his dog seemed to have a gsi on speedlines at one point
SteveW

2nd Feb 05 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSI's on Speedlines were turning out to be the new combat kit.. too many around for most people likings
craig8
Premium Member

2nd Feb 05 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the majority of people are blaming shops and films but really, the only people to blame are the ones who do it that to their cars, yes i love spending money on my car, and i know its not worth the amount i spend, but its either that or waste the money on something else, i wanted a car which im comfortable in and is personalised in my own way with my ideas but unfortunatly some pwople just give money to a bodyshop and have the same kit they see every day on the growing amount of modified cars they see on the streets these days, and think they are origional, this is what gets to me, the shops sell what sells to the people, the movies show what people want to see, its called profiteering and its what the world is about today so we could all sit and moan for hours but really, whats the point, there will always be people who copy others just to look good and its not going to change

and yes, i know i cant spell...

E36 328
Nismo

2nd Feb 05 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

need for speed
Angie

2nd Feb 05 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah I noticed this too, I read magazines like auto car and Evo, but I also like car mechanics magazine

I love magazines like Evo because while it looks at cars that I have dreams about lol, it also shows other less unobtainable vehicles.

I think car modding has 2 main catagories as talked about earlier: people who mod to impress, and those who are enthusiastic about cars.

I love the adrenalibe rush you get when you are in a car you feel passionately about. I drive a 1.2 8v corsa, its not fast but I still love it because its my first car and it has helped me learn loads of the basics on car maintenance. Hopefully my next car will be something alot more powerful which I will feel just as passionately about and also get my kicks from when it comes to spending money modifying it.

I'll stop rambling now cos I'm boring myself
Matt H

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:

every man and his dog seemed to have a gsi on speedlines at one point

And how many people put Porsche wheels on a golf? Same thing imo
big eck

quote:
Originally posted by SteveW
GSI's on Speedlines were turning out to be the new combat kit.. too many around for most people likings

TBH there is only 1 other GSI in my area that has that combo, most other makes of corsa have the speedlines fitted, all the GSi's must be hiding else where

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car modifying these days (bit contraversial) 23 database queries in 0.0188870 seconds