corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ban Horses from main roads

Poll: Ban Horses from main roads
Yes 34 (69.39%)
No 15 (30.61%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ban Horses from main roads
TNM

User status: Offline
19th Jul 05 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its so funny reading this thread. Just proves that the people who are saying the horse riders are arrogant are the arrogant ones them self!

Bikes riding side by side. Perfectly legal.
Horses riding side by side. Perfectly legal.

Your complaining because you cant get past. Reason: Your an arrogant ignorant twat. Have some respect for other road users.

When you pass another car on the road if they dont wave do you think 'Cunt' No you dont.
vibrio
Banned

19th Jul 05 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM
Its so funny reading this thread. Just proves that the people who are saying the horse riders are arrogant are the arrogant ones them self!

Your complaining because you cant get past. Reason: Your an arrogant ignorant twat. Have some respect for other road users.

When you pass another car on the road if they dont wave do you think 'Cunt' No you dont.

depends if I speed up or not
ryansss

19th Jul 05 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shoot the horse riders, then the horses will be in a field and not in anyones way!!!

My problem with horses apart from the smell, and poo, is the riders!! Im sorry if I offend any strange horse loving females (Lets face it not many blokes get excited by them) but so many riders are really stuck up. I mountain bike in a woods thats full of these beings that think they own the woods. We had a jump area, and the horse riders complained even though it was away from the track they ride. Next thing the council come and flatten my sunday afternoon ride spot grrrr.

My bike dont poo everywhere, and its easier to pass on the rd (mainly because im on the pavement). So ride a bike, not a horse.
Skinz

19th Jul 05 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TNM

im sure bikes have to ride single file

and yes if i have to slow down for another vehicle i expect them to wave out of courtesy
ed

19th Jul 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it's alright for horses to be on the roads. The trouble is though some of them don't have much common sense at all. Where I live there are always horses on the roads which really isn't a problem, you normally have to slow down, wait for a safe place to overtake and get on your way. My main concern is that they tend to ride side by side all the time. When they are doing that on a long, blind corner on a national speed limit road they are asking to be killed.
TNM

19th Jul 05 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
quote:
Originally posted by TNM

im sure bikes have to ride single file

and yes if i have to slow down for another vehicle i expect them to wave out of courtesy

Steve read the highway code.
mwg

19th Jul 05 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only thing I have a problem with is when they leave a roundabout sized dump in the road and my car gets shit up cos theres no room to get round it
Im an arrogant twat, I dont like slowing down for them but I still do cos I dont want them jumping on my car if they get spooked!
wayne hiscock

19th Jul 05 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hate haveing a dumpvalve and my mrs livein in the sticks alwasy see horses

very annoying cosu gotta stay in gear
ryansss

19th Jul 05 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Think it's alright for horses to be on the roads. The trouble is though some of them don't have much common sense at all. Where I live there are always horses on the roads which really isn't a problem, you normally have to slow down, wait for a safe place to overtake and get on your way. My main concern is that they tend to ride side by side all the time. When they are doing that on a long, blind corner on a national speed limit road they are asking to be killed.

I wouldnt want to drive into one. My poor little corsa would die.

Maybe if they had to pay road tax on them we would be happier. They could get leather tax disc holders, or tax disc holders made of foxs fur.

The side by side thing is a pain.

Lots of peps have mentioned the poo thing. I say they should have a device hooked onto the horse to catch the poo. If your dog craps on the pavement you can get fined for it, so why not a horse?
CHOSEN1

19th Jul 05 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have riden horses all my life and also have a modified car and i think you are arrogant c*nts. The amount of times you will actually incounter a horse on ur day to day travels in minimal. Roads are not just 4 cars they are a means of getting from 1 place to another on horseback, bike, car, whatever. So no u could stick your ban right up your a*rse, if you had to slow down for a min it might stop you smashing your motor up driving like a t*sser. grow up.
ed

19th Jul 05 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryansss
quote:
Originally posted by ed

I wouldnt want to drive into one. My poor little corsa would die.

Maybe if they had to pay road tax on them we would be happier. They could get leather tax disc holders, or tax disc holders made of foxs fur.

The side by side thing is a pain.

Lots of peps have mentioned the poo thing. I say they should have a device hooked onto the horse to catch the poo. If your dog craps on the pavement you can get fined for it, so why not a horse?
I would be more worried about dieing or killing another person/horse. Bearing in mind that if you hit a normal sized horse at about 40-50 mph the impact would most certainly hospitalize you for some time... Happend a while back round here, one of the other farms in the area had a broken fence and some horses got out onto the main road... Somone hit a horse and got put in hospital with serious injurys.
Robbo

19th Jul 05 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Side by side is discouraged in the highway code and a fkn pain
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Jul 05 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if they paid tax it would be very cheap, they only have one horsepower.

There were flys on some horse droppings in a road near me the other day, a fly came over who had not been there for a while and one fly said to him 'not seen you for a while'. He said 'yeah I've been on the sick'.

I don't mind them myself. Country lanes are dangerous places, if it wasn't horses it would be sheep, cows or farm vehicles. Having spent a few days working here and there on farms and driven slow stuff on the road, I can see why drivers need to slow down.
Kerry

19th Jul 05 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havnt read the whole thread

but

horses were on the road long before cars
linz

19th Jul 05 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said Kirsty

Horses were here before cars. I ride on the road and i agree with some points as some riders don't have any common sense aqnd do ride dangerously on the roads. When i go out we rid ein single file and always say thankyou to drivers that slow down and acnowledge us, how hard is it just to slow down a little? Its worth not killing someone or yourself.
vibrio
Banned

19th Jul 05 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
havnt read the whole thread

but

horses were on the road long before cars

depends which road

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ban Horses from main roads 22 database queries in 0.0130179 seconds