corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gaz D has made it into the 12's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Gaz D has made it into the 12's
Tom

User status: Offline
10th Aug 05 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
mate, i couldnt care less if you ran a jet engine, you still broke 12 seconds so thats quality in my eyes. and yes, i agree, you are substituting in a way what i have, a turbo on (basic principles) an xe block for noz. no problems here, as i will be running it aswell later on.

tom, well thats where gear controlable boost comes into play. limit the boost 1st, 2nd, and get it all about 5000rpm upwards in 3rd, aswell as an lsd. should help it a lot. them apexi products are good at what they do

I didn't know you could set it all up different for different gears etc. Sound very clever
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GAZ`D
Cheer's to SOME of you for your support and inteligent coment's as for the other's your choice be slow but a change of record would be nice the nolans were bad the first time round

NO2 is fine if your a drag racer but for normal every day use it's a gimick to increase power for a short period of time putting extreme stress on the engine. I would rather have a car that had 300hp on tap all the time rather than 250hp with an extra 50hp for a few seconds.

also I fail to understand the first part of your reply. people have opinions about using gas. none of the comments I can see are non-inteligent. they are fact based thoughts
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
mate, i couldnt care less if you ran a jet engine, you still broke 12 seconds so thats quality in my eyes. and yes, i agree, you are substituting in a way what i have, a turbo on (basic principles) an xe block for noz. no problems here, as i will be running it aswell later on.

tom, well thats where gear controlable boost comes into play. limit the boost 1st, 2nd, and get it all about 5000rpm upwards in 3rd, aswell as an lsd. should help it a lot. them apexi products are good at what they do

I didn't know you could set it all up different for different gears etc. Sound very clever

and a pain to set up lol

the apexi is the best controller you can get you can set it for gears and set boost at 500rpm intervals plus part throttle too.
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry i don't think nitrous is flamable it is very cold oxygen the added fuel you put in gives you the power
anything that cools the intake charge will give you more power if the fuel ratio is maintained
Skinz

10th Aug 05 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nos is a combination of nitrogen and oxygen its very flammable and even just oxygen in its pure form is very flammable
Nic Barnes

10th Aug 05 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tom - not sure how it does it, but my mates turbo'd crx runs an apexi boost controller. he limits it down in 1st and 2nd then gets all 6psi of boost the rest of the gears. ran a 13.9 1/4. aint bad for a boggo crx non v-tec engine with a turbo strapped to it. no low comp pistons or any other engine mods at all
TNM

10th Aug 05 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done gaz'd.

Hope you are still running the special wheel trims
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sorry i don't think nitrous is flamable it is very cold oxygen the added fuel you put in gives you the power
anything that cools the intake charge will give you more power if the fuel ratio is maintained

my mistake it enhances combustion which means no flames no sparks etc there is also a risk of fire with exploson.

re intake charge power comes from increasing boost on car engines not from the cooling effect of the water.
Tom

10th Aug 05 at 08:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

and a pain to set up lol

the apexi is the best controller you can get you can set it for gears and set boost at 500rpm intervals plus part throttle too.

What do you mean part throttle like a switch that gets knocked when you floor it that will affect how much boost you have available ??

Suppose it's more useful for 2wd cars then?
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spoke to wizard of nos and nitrous oxide is NOT flamable they have just made a video to prove this i am no chemist but i think you wil find that oxygen only excelerates the burning of a flamable source but does not burn itself
Skinz

10th Aug 05 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOS is definatly flammable under pressure then?
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 05 at 09:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its deffo flammable as its laughing gas, and my mates mum is a midwife, and we inhaled about 5 bottles of the stuff one night, and when we attempted to include this with smoking we were quite shocked at the results

and a bit burnt
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The question i asked was if i open my nos bottle on to a lit lighter what will happen the answer was it will put the flame out.
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fast burning of the fags
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 05 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just saying about my experience, we inhaled it then tryed doing a blow back with a mouthfull of gas, and it all ignited with just a lit joint
Skinz

10th Aug 05 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for a bird you sound like a tom boy
Ditch

10th Aug 05 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

geeeeza buuurd Jim
Ditch

10th Aug 05 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also I fail to understand the first part of your reply. people have opinions about using gas. none of the comments I can see are non-inteligent. they are fact based thoughts

Saying the guy is cheating is waaay out of the scheme of things though really dont you think? What is he cheating at? Where are these rules?

Give him some credit where credit is due!

If you cant / dont want to spend more money on expensive pocketed pistons and even wilder cams... then Nitrous is a perfectly good way of bringing his times down without breaking the bank.

no doubt that little car has had a lot of time, effort, and money put into it to make it what it is, so I think it deserves a little more respect than saying...

"your cheatin mister!"
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:

Saying the guy is cheating is waaay out of the scheme of things though really dont you think? What is he cheating at? Where are these rules?

If you cant / dont want to spend more money on expensive pocketed pistons and even wilder cams... then Nitrous is a perfectly good way of bringing his times down without breaking the bank.

no doubt that little car has had a lot of time, effort, and money put into it to make it what it is, so I think it deserves a little more respect than saying...

"your cheatin mister!"

NOS is not effort and time though is it. no real thought goes into it. buy the kit, get it fitted with a controller and there you go extra hp for a few second then fill me up again. its not pure which is what people are really trying to say. if you had got into the 12's using normal engine power (N/A or forced) you'd get a lot more respect thats all.
Steve
Premium Member

10th Aug 05 at 09:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skinz
for a bird you sound like a tom boy

people tell me this alot
GAZ`D

10th Aug 05 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have not used a lot of gas have you vibrio putting 150 shot into a car is not a bolt on and go the engine has been modified to suit the gas and it works exactly like a turbo and intercooler forces the engine to take lots of oxygen at lower temps you then up the fuel to bring the fuel to air ratio right giving more power try upping boost without any more fuel and the results are the same meltdown
Ditch

10th Aug 05 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

"your cheatin mister!"

NOS is not effort and time though is it. no real thought goes into it. buy the kit, get it fitted with a controller and there you go extra hp for a few second then fill me up again. its not pure which is what people are really trying to say. if you had got into the 12's using normal engine power (N/A or forced) you'd get a lot more respect thats all.

But time and effort HAS gone into the car... Its not like its an XE with 300bhp of Nitrous waiting to pop. Its strengthened, and can flow plenty more air, and the gas is just completing a package.

This car = impressive, no matter what way you look at it!

Most just cant see that as it has a go faster button
Ditch

10th Aug 05 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aahhhhh feck it, Gaz, you done well, you know this!! The migweb support was always going to be more constructive!!
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You have not used a lot of gas have you vibrio putting 150 shot into a car is not a bolt on and go the engine has been modified to suit the gas and it works exactly like a turbo and intercooler forces the engine to take lots of oxygen at lower temps you then up the fuel to bring the fuel to air ratio right giving more power try upping boost without any more fuel and the results are the same meltdown

of course I ahve not used 150hp jets of NOS I have no need to use cheating gas to improve the performance of my car. and stop trying to teach your gran to suck eggs also
vibrio
Banned

10th Aug 05 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

"your cheatin mister!"

But time and effort HAS gone into the car... Its not like its an XE with 300bhp of Nitrous waiting to pop. Its strengthened, and can flow plenty more air, and the gas is just completing a package.

This car = impressive, no matter what way you look at it!

Most just cant see that as it has a go faster button

not impressive in my eyes.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Gaz D has made it into the 12's 22 database queries in 0.0171020 seconds