corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 gti vs 2.0 corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 106 gti vs 2.0 corsa
Paul_J

User status: Offline
17th Dec 05 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
quote:
Originally posted by corsa5dr
306 GTI-6 has 167 bp IIRC

I stand corrected

Yeh definately knew they wern't 180.
corsacalvin

17th Dec 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it french full stop,xe corsa would beat a gti in straights
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

17th Dec 05 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Corsa808 - Thats hardly a fair comment, so your saying that a 1.6 corsa on throttle bodies and ralley suspension is a fair comparison to a standard 106 gti??? You do the same to a 106 and its a totally different outcome

no its not. what i was saying was its faster than both a 2 litre corsa and a 106 gti and as good in the corners if not better than the 106
big eck

18th Dec 05 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsacalvin
it french full stop,xe corsa would beat a standard gti on straights

agreed
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

18th Dec 05 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i don't think 106 GTi's handle a great deal better than corsa's, they're the same weight and i raced one round country lanes when i had a 1.6 and was just as quick through the bends. he was flat out!

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 05 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol if you think a corsa xe is the same weight as a 106 gti than your dumber than you look

show me an xe corsa that obviously isnt mega stripped out that weighs 850-900kgs

[Edited on 18-12-2005 by Corsa_Sam]
mwg

18th Dec 05 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa808
quote:

Corsa808 - Thats hardly a fair comment, so your saying that a 1.6 corsa on throttle bodies and ralley suspension is a fair comparison to a standard 106 gti??? You do the same to a 106 and its a totally different outcome

no its not. what i was saying was its faster than both a 2 litre corsa and a 106 gti and as good in the corners if not better than the 106

I doubt this. As much as I dont like french cars they dont half go round corners

When my mate had his 106 GTi it was stupidly good at cornering and theres no way even a modded Corsa could handle as good as a GTi. My friends was 175bhp too so would probably of put up a good fight against a valver Corsa on the straights but its something he never managed to find out his tended to run out of power at about 90mph

Personally would still rather have a 2.0 Corsa though
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 05 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your mates 106 gti was "real" 175bhp and not bullshit then it would have ripped 10 shades of shite into a corsa XE, on the straights and on the corners

[Edited on 18-12-2005 by Corsa_Sam]
Carl

18th Dec 05 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106's are immense at handling, YM brother had a 1.6 xsi and that was like a go kart, the handling was unreal.
corsa_godfather

18th Dec 05 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have had 2 corsa sports and 1 106 gti.the 106 gti wins hands down cornering.IMO.

still isnt a fair comparison standard 106 gti v XE corsa.

what does it matter at the end of the day????lol.

if u want a fast 1.6 buy a gti.if u want a converted corsa buy the XE.

i would reccomend gti then throttle bodies if u have the money.but if u want to go fast for cheap money go for the XE corsa

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 106 gti vs 2.0 corsa 23 database queries in 0.0114541 seconds