corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any VTR owners?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any VTR owners?
Carl

User status: Offline
6th Aug 06 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be fair, a long wheel based high roof fiat ducato van probably handles better than a corsa in standard form.
Fad

6th Aug 06 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by Deeky
my 1.4 16 sport never got beat buy one vtr. A got spanked buy vts until a put the dbilas manifold on

Bullshit a VTR is quicker than a 1.6 16v sport

is it fuck

Dont be patronising i've driven both on a daily basis

Eck
Premium Member

6th Aug 06 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All depends on what VTR, newer style VTR would take a 1.6 sport. But you're friends telling porkies about it being fastest 1.6
mikey-corsa

6th Aug 06 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nova GTE is quite abit quicker, and can't u get RS Turbo's at a 1.6 aswell?

also, like the others said a VTS is quicker.
Cybermonkey

7th Aug 06 at 05:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by Deeky
my 1.4 16 sport never got beat buy one vtr. A got spanked buy vts until a put the dbilas manifold on

Bullshit a VTR is quicker than a 1.6 16v sport

is it fuck

Dont be patronising i've driven both on a daily basis

and i have pulled away from too many VTR's in my time to say they are quicker than a 1.6
Cybermonkey

7th Aug 06 at 05:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
quote:
Originally posted by Reedy
Saxo's and Pugs have the same chasis which is based on the rear torsion bar. I beleive this gives the french cars an upper hand on the corsa's. Also they are sightly smaller( well the pug is ) and also lighter.
The fact that they rev to a slightly higher range can also help with the 0-60 times ( as long as you shift at the right times )

why does everyone go on about the lightness thing so much? yeah they are lighter, but we are only talking about 50-60kg here...
gunzi

7th Aug 06 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Taken from Parkers:

Saxo VTR 920kgs

Corsa 1.4 Sport 989kgs

I'd give the french car the upper hand in std trim, especially as the later VTRs came with 100bhp.

90bhp saxo = 97bhp / tonne

100bhp saxo = 108bhp/tonne

90bhp corsa = 91bhp/tonne

Obviously this is not taking into account the VTS & 1.6 sport.
Ojc

7th Aug 06 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found that off the line there is nothing in it, once rolling the 1.6 16v pulls away.
Toby
Premium Member

7th Aug 06 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates vtr is only a little faster than my 1.4 sport cant notice when driving them indpendantly but its more on insurance, petrol and its french so not worth the hassle
Carl

7th Aug 06 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaB4ever
my mates vtr is only a little faster than my 1.4 sport cant notice when driving them indpendantly but its more on insurance, petrol and its french so not worth the hassle

it goes around corners though, think thats a pretty big bonus when comparing the two imo. if the vtr is slower than the 1.6 corsa i'm pretty sure it would be faster round corners which most tracks/roads have these days.
Andyrs1800

7th Aug 06 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EK9=KING but they dont have much torque, but still the best na 1.6.
Andyrs1800

7th Aug 06 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 07-08-2006 by Andyrs1800]
Andyrs1800

7th Aug 06 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But at the end of the day who cares how fast a vtr is... they used to be a bit of a worry when i had the 1.4 engine, but now i have the 2.0 its sweet, there is allways sum1 with a faster car, its all personal taste,
Deeky

7th Aug 06 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly mate 90 bhp couldnt pull your foreskin back so who cares

[Edited on 07-08-2006 by Deeky]
Gaz

7th Aug 06 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VTr's are quick off the mark but then die,

My 1.6 will beat them and i wouldnt say my car was even running fast..
Fad

7th Aug 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You lot are all corsa owners who are Biased unless you've driven both regularly you have no clue nor are qualified to comment.

I've driven several 1.6 sports and even owned a 1.4 16v, my brother has a 100 bhp Saxo VTR and i get to drive this regularly. A 1.4 16v sport has no chance so who ever reckons they can beat a VTR in that, your just dreaming or the the VTR was pitying you.

As for 1.6 corsas its the same deal no way are they quicker than a VTr running a 1.6 TU lump...A saxo VTR with a exhaust and filter can run a high 15 sec standing quarter at the Pod and Corsa Sports will be lucky to ge sub 17 with these mods.....

Also the Saxo has one major cad over the Corsa...its a hoot to drive and everytime i drive it, it makes me smile.

Evo rated this car in the top 5 drivers hot hatches and clearly they have driven many cars and know their stuff.

I used to be the same a Saxo hater and was adement that sports were quicker due to what was printed on paper but i was sooo wrong it was unreal. You guys can keep arging all you like but face the real facts mentioned here.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Aug 06 at 19:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with fad, why is everyone willing to talk utter crap just because they own a vauxhall corsa
TIMBO1

7th Aug 06 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not being funny bt people are so quick to comment on how saxo owners think rhere cars are unbeatable and the fastest things around , lol , some need to look a bit closer to home
Steve
Premium Member

7th Aug 06 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there are many saxo owners that think there cars are a lot faster than others i agree

im telling you, and i dont own a saxo that a vtr will be faster than a 1400 sport and pretty much equal to a 1600 sport
big eck

7th Aug 06 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought the EK9 type R was a 2ltr

as for the saxo Vs corsa thing I cant comment on the VTR however I can comment on the handling as my 106 gti handles sooo much better than my corsa did and aint to far of speed wise, infact there pretty much equal.

The wifes GTI outhandles my mates old 2ltr corsa and that was fitted with Bilstein coilovers
Jake

7th Aug 06 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i had a little race with a phase1 Vtr I started pulling away at about 80mph. I also had a race with a C2 VTR and we were pretty much level but i started pulling away downhill
Cybermonkey

8th Aug 06 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
You lot are all corsa owners who are Biased unless you've driven both regularly you have no clue nor are qualified to comment.

I've driven several 1.6 sports and even owned a 1.4 16v, my brother has a 100 bhp Saxo VTR and i get to drive this regularly. A 1.4 16v sport has no chance so who ever reckons they can beat a VTR in that, your just dreaming or the the VTR was pitying you.

As for 1.6 corsas its the same deal no way are they quicker than a VTr running a 1.6 TU lump...A saxo VTR with a exhaust and filter can run a high 15 sec standing quarter at the Pod and Corsa Sports will be lucky to ge sub 17 with these mods.....

Also the Saxo has one major cad over the Corsa...its a hoot to drive and everytime i drive it, it makes me smile.

Evo rated this car in the top 5 drivers hot hatches and clearly they have driven many cars and know their stuff.

I used to be the same a Saxo hater and was adement that sports were quicker due to what was printed on paper but i was sooo wrong it was unreal. You guys can keep arging all you like but face the real facts mentioned here.

same situation, had a 1.6 Sport for about 8 months, my mum had a VTR for about a year, i drove that fairly regularly. you are getting some placebo effect from the instant whack that the 8v gives off the line, once rolling though, the Corsa reels it in no problem.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Aug 06 at 07:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did your maw have 90bhp or 100bhp model?
Cybermonkey

8th Aug 06 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100, it was a facelife 52plate
Steve
Premium Member

8th Aug 06 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

then how did you reel it in with 0 bhp advantage and any torque wouldnt make any difference due to the lighterness of the paxo?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any VTR owners? 22 database queries in 0.0146570 seconds