corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bought a new car

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just bought a new car
Cupra Steve
Banned

User status: Offline
8th Dec 06 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
do you know anyone that wants an SPS3 switch?

nope, nearly everyone i knew with vags went to jabba.
MarkM

8th Dec 06 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats this valet mode shinnanighans?
Cupra Steve
Banned

8th Dec 06 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MarkM

basically when you take your car to a garage or let anyone else drive it you can restrict boost and restrict it to 3000rpm so you know they can't abuse it.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

8th Dec 06 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice car
MarkM

8th Dec 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:

basically when you take your car to a garage or let anyone else drive it you can restrict boost and restrict it to 3000rpm so you know they can't abuse it.

Thats a nice feature...

However knowing the monkeys you can get at dealers they will probably think the fucker requires a new ECU and charge you accordingly...

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by MarkM]
MarkM

8th Dec 06 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
nice car
jr

8th Dec 06 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thats a nice feature...

However knowing the monkeys you can get at dealers they will probably think the fucker requires a new ECU and charge you accordingly...

[Edited on 08-12-2006 by MarkM]

MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked the car up at 3pm Saturday...

First thought...lovely to drive...loads of low down torque...lovely gear box...indicators are a little different and take some getting used to but they are a nice touch...

Handling is good...seats are supportive...

All in im very pleased with my purchase...

shane_o

17th Dec 06 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they arevary nice vars m8 dont listhen to all the exdemo rubbish i work for a vaux dealer and got my mum to buy a demo meriva for 3k less than book, if the storys were true i wouldnt do that would i?
iveonly ever driven one of the 120bhp ones and it was a estate and was quite nice most ppl round here buy the 150 and get a 200 bhp chip through vauxhall (which btw doesnt invalidate warrenty if done through vauxhall)
Rob H

17th Dec 06 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shane_o
they are vary nice vars m8 dont listhen to all the exdemo rubbish i work for a vaux dealer and got my mum to buy a demo meriva for 3k less than book, if the storys were true i wouldnt do that would i?
iveonly ever driven one of the 120bhp ones and it was a estate and was quite nice most ppl round here buy the 150 and get a 200 bhp chip through vauxhall (which btw doesnt invalidate warrenty if done through vauxhall)

I'd double check about not invalidating the warranty. Have read up about it loads, cause i'm seriously considering buying one sometime next year, so spent a good time on the 888 owners club site (www.t8oc.com). They all bough their cars brand new with the remap, and it isn't covered by Vauxhall. Apparently it's covered by the VXPerformance centre, who did the Re-map, but not sure to what extent, or if that applies to retro-fitting it. They do however notify Vauxhall when they perform the Mod, hence the warranty is invalidated with Vauxhall.

Think you can get about 170 with a remap on the 8v engine though. Might be more worth while checking out a "tuning box" from here (http://astra-sri.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11063). Same kind of gains, but you can remove the box if you take the car in .

Still waiting to see these prices quoted earlier aswell, cause none of them mention a 1.9 CDTi SRi, which is much more desirable than a petrol SRi, or other model, hence they don't go cheap. £10k is a bargain! especially as the leather pack is an optional £1k on the list price . Dont understand why it came with the body kit, but standard alloys (should be 17" 5 spokes btw), as i'm sure it's cheaper to buy the style pack (kit and 18"s) than the body kit on its own .

[Edited on 17-12-2006 by Rob H]
Ben J

17th Dec 06 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pity you didn't get the 150bhp version!!!!

Go to www.dieseltuning.co.uk and get a tuning box, sod the remaps etc. You can also take off the tuning boxes before services etc.

Also get yourself registered on www.astra-sri.co.uk and you will get a discount on a box, plus loads of advice, tips, contacts etc.

I paid £15,999 for my Astra SRI CDTI (150) 5 door in Star Silver with XP. Mine was an Ex Management car with 2k on the clock. Would have been 20k new.It was mint, and definatley hadn't been treated like shit. Theres no problems with Ex demo cars.
MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob H
quote:

Still waiting to see these prices quoted earlier aswell, cause none of them mention a 1.9 CDTi SRi, which is much more desirable than a petrol SRi, or other model, hence they don't go cheap. £10k is a bargain! especially as the leather pack is an optional £1k on the list price . Dont understand why it came with the body kit, but standard alloys (should be 17" 5 spokes btw), as i'm sure it's cheaper to buy the style pack (kit and 18"s) than the body kit on its own .

It was a demonstrator so was registered to the garage...

I was a little unsure why it came with 16" alloys too...im assuming as it was a demonstrator it came with the exterior pack kit to make it more appealing and look nicer?? as its meant to make people want to buy one?? I dunno that sounds reasonable though...also im sure it did have the 18" exterior pack wheels but for some reason they have been swapped somewhere down the line?...again im not sure...maybe one of the staff from the showroom got themselves a free upgrade haha

Either way he ordered me a free set of 18" alloys brand new with brand new tyres so I wasnt too bothered...also got the 16" wheels thrown in for nothing...so cant complain...

Funny thing was he told me when I picked it up they had to take the alloys to a local tyre fitter as the service centre at the showroom didnt have a tyre fitting maching big enough for 18" wheels

[Edited on 17-12-2006 by MarkM]
Steve
Premium Member

17th Dec 06 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bjackso2x

Go to www.dieseltuning.co.uk and get a tuning box, sod the remaps etc. You can also take off the tuning boxes before services etc.

Also get yourself registered on www.astra-sri.co.uk and you will get a discount on a box, plus loads of advice, tips, contacts etc.

I paid £15,999 for my Astra SRI CDTI (150) 5 door in Star Silver with XP. Mine was an Ex Management car with 2k on the clock. Would have been 20k new.It was mint, and definatley hadn't been treated like shit. Theres no problems with Ex demo cars.

i dont think you have a clue what your talking about tbh
#ste#

17th Dec 06 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice
MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

especially as the leather pack is an optional £1k on the list price

That pic isnt my actual car although it looks exactly the same...mine hasnt got leather though...
MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will get some pics over the next 3 days...when the rain stops...

RS6

17th Dec 06 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lush

i want one of these in white
Rob H

17th Dec 06 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the manager did a deal with someone who really wanted the 18"s for their own car. Who knows, .

Happy motoring anyway dude, getting it so cheap should mean you save a fortune in depreciation aswell!
MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sounds like the manager did a deal with someone who really wanted the 18"s for their own car. Who knows, .

Happy motoring anyway dude, getting it so cheap should mean you save a fortune in depreciation aswell!

Yeah exactly...either way I got what I wanted with the full XP pack...and still has the 3 year warranty so cant argue...also insurance is very reasonable...£65 a month...

The 16" wheels are going on Ebay this week...come with brand new Goodyear tyres also...so hopefully should get at least £400 back on them...

Ben J

17th Dec 06 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:

i dont think you have a clue what your talking about tbh

WTF....so where does that comment come from???? I've had my Astra for nearly a year now and am a member on astra-sri.co.uk. Probably a lot more clued up about Astras than you mate.

Cock.

[Edited on 17-12-2006 by bjackso2x]
Rob H

17th Dec 06 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Yeah exactly...either way I got what I wanted with the full XP pack...and still has the 3 year warranty so cant argue...also insurance is very reasonable...£65 a month...

The 16" wheels are going on Ebay this week...come with brand new Goodyear tyres also...so hopefully should get at least £400 back on them...

Got a similar quote on a 150 brake Sport hatch. Bit miffed at that htough TBH, cause it's double the price of what i'm paying on the corsa, and only £200 less than a VXR .
Ben J

17th Dec 06 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
get it remapped!! How would they tell?? If it's anything like the remaps you can get for the vags you can get a controller to turn it off, you can even limit boost / rev limiter etc for when you do take it for a service!!!

Its something to look into for the new year anyway...

Seriously get yourself a DTUK tuning box.....about £250 for 50bhp increase on the CDTI 150 (Not sure about gains on the 120) Takes 10 mins to fit, and can be removed for services etc with no trace it was there..

MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Got a similar quote on a 150 brake Sport hatch. Bit miffed at that htough TBH, cause it's double the price of what i'm paying on the corsa, and only £200 less than a VXR .

How old are you etc?

My insurance on an R reg 306 DTurbo was £54 a month so thats why I say a premium on this at £65 a month is cheap as chips...

MarkM

17th Dec 06 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
get it remapped!! How would they tell?? If it's anything like the remaps you can get for the vags you can get a controller to turn it off, you can even limit boost / rev limiter etc for when you do take it for a service!!!

Its something to look into for the new year anyway...

Seriously get yourself a DTUK tuning box.....about £250 for 50bhp increase on the CDTI 150 (Not sure about gains on the 120) Takes 10 mins to fit, and can be removed for services etc with no trace it was there..

That sounds like an Ebay special being honest...seems too cheap and easy for that increase

Im happy with it as it is at the moment but will keep it in mind...

Rob H

17th Dec 06 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That sounds like an Ebay special being honest...seems too cheap and easy for that increase

Im happy with it as it is at the moment but will keep it in mind...

They're that kinda thing. A few resistors, diodes and caps in a box to trick the ECU into throwing in more Fuel and up the boost. They seem to be good though for what they are. Been about for years, so can't be too bad. Think DTUK do a "digital" one aswell which sounds (probably isnt, but it does sound) better .

I'm only 21, but have 4Yrs NCB. Corsa is £400 to insure, Astra was about £850, and the VXR £1050.. cheaper than a CTR to insure .

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just bought a new car 22 database queries in 0.0128970 seconds