corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tips on buyin a redtop

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author tips on buyin a redtop
johnhara1

User status: Offline
11th Dec 06 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ShEp
i know a few lads that have had the conversions done and i dont know if any1 else notices but ones that are done by people taking they're time, buying all the proper kit and rebuilding the engine usually fcuk up,

whereas a few trips to the scrappies and a smokey old cav gsi, chuck it all together one weekend and it smokes about forever,

I know what your saying but if they are rebuilt propperly and fitted propperly then they will last longer and be more powerful, more reliable, and get better mpg than the average 100K+ engine.

I agree there are some that have just been banged together and seem to go forever but these are strong engines and thats just the luck of the draw insnt it some have problems and some dont.
corsa120

11th Dec 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with the whole rebuilding thing, everyone i know who rebuilt there xe it has gone wrong somehow, mine was not rebiult either had it for over 2 years now and not a single problem since day it went in and it gets used everyday.

lol at buy a 1.6 my 1.6 and 1.4 engines were nothing but trouble, and my mrs had 1.6 corsa sport and we sold that because it just kept breaking, i wont have a small block xe again over my 20xe, id check for noises, general feel of wear, xe should should pull hard all the way round the rev range even in top gear so feel for this and just check usual i.e oil/water/general visual inspection.
jammo20

11th Dec 06 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what happend to the v6?
Nic Barnes

11th Dec 06 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jammo20
what happend to the v6?

corsa.v6

11th Dec 06 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jammo20
what happend to the v6?

the v6 is for sale soon

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » tips on buyin a redtop 22 database queries in 0.0128379 seconds