corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vid of my 2.0 corsa

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author vid of my 2.0 corsa
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
18th Dec 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve, you should know that NO rollers are 100% accurate.
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It may well be 180bhp or thereabouts, but IMO, it doesn't seem to be going like a 180bhp corsa should, mine was quicker to 60 than that.
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

yes these were probabl 60% accurate
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
It may well be 180bhp or thereabouts, but IMO, it doesn't seem to be going like a 180bhp corsa should, mine was quicker to 60 than that.

its no quicker than my 106, in fact it looks slower
SportBoy

18th Dec 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe they were only 99.99 accurate! !
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, lets say it IS right, it doesn't look it, does it Dave?
phillygsi16v

know 1 is saying they are 100% he just simply said thats what the read out was.
csweatherston

hmmm....maybe it has 22" rims......that seems abit slow, even if every gearchange is hitting the limiter....
Steve
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 20:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes i dont doubt thats what the readout was
Dave A

18th Dec 06 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
ok, lets say it IS right, it doesn't look it, does it Dave?

well ive been in a few corsas with that sort of power, they get to 60mph a LOT faster than that. look at the vids tomSBD posted a while back....
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

130bhp would see 60 quicker, and it doesnt sound like it's wheelspinning in 1st.
phillygsi16v

18th Dec 06 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he didnt post up it was quick he simply said what he got on the rollers did he not
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, he posted a vid, would have thought that meant he wanted comments about the vid?
phillygsi16v

18th Dec 06 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer but peoples comments are 1 thing and takeing the piss and making people out to be dick heads are different. if you think its slow then keep it to your self its the same as if you dont like sumthing you dont post up saying its shite do you.
people spend there money on different things and have differnt tastes thats why its call modifying every 1 would have the same and that would get boring
tooolbox timmy

18th Dec 06 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

how about your rollers,how will we know that yours are accurate?
Ian W

18th Dec 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by justrials2
the car was 178.5 bhp
it had a remaped ecu/ high lift cams/ported an polished head/ uprated valves/double valve srprings/venier pullys/ uprated fuel pump/ decat /full power flow exhust system /4brach manifold/ectec pipe/uprated ruel regulator

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by justrials2]

Really Sean, did you actually expect anything over 160bhp, You should know Corsasport law doesnt permit that
Robin
Premium Member

18th Dec 06 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by phillygsi16v
yer but peoples comments are 1 thing and takeing the piss and making people out to be dick heads are different. if you think its slow then keep it to your self its the same as if you dont like sumthing you dont post up saying its shite do you.
people spend there money on different things and have differnt tastes thats why its call modifying every 1 would have the same and that would get boring

WTF?

My comment about it not seeming quick was a bit of constructive criticism, and to see if he thought the same.

I know people spend money on different things, I never debated that, all I am saying, is it seems slow for a 2 litre, let alone a modified 2 litre.

180bhp Corsas are considerably faster than that IMO, making me think there is something wrong with it.

If no-one says anything, it just turns into a compete farce, where everyone thinks their car is the best/fastest car ever, like other forums, where whatever you say which isn't 'looks great' gets deleted.

If he didn't want replies, he shouldn't have posted the video...
marklawton

18th Dec 06 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian_Gsi16v
quote:
Originally posted by justrials2
the car was 178.5 bhp
it had a remaped ecu/ high lift cams/ported an polished head/ uprated valves/double valve srprings/venier pullys/ uprated fuel pump/ decat /full power flow exhust system /4brach manifold/ectec pipe/uprated ruel regulator

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by justrials2]

Really Sean, did you actually expect anything over 160bhp, You should know Corsasport law doesnt permit that

lol
Dave A

18th Dec 06 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as I said, no rollers are accurate.

new generation rolling roads (now known as chassis dynamometers) are far better as they take a lot more into considertion. old type rollers (usually heavy roller type) dont calculate things such as strapdown pressure, barometric pressure, vehicle weight....they then use coastdown as a transmission loss figure which is so unaccurate as they use it as a percentage figure.

new generation rollers are very light, can even run a 0.5hp engine on them. they take things like vehicle weight, strapdown pressure, barometric pressure into consideration and instead of using a calculation every 250 or 500 rpm and smooth the graph out manually they take a signal every 25 rpm and most importantly will give a wheel bhp figure rather than use an estimated calculation for the transmission loses.

tooolbox timmy

18th Dec 06 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair comment
Dave A

18th Dec 06 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just a quick expalnation of how some coastdown rollers are innacurate:

they take a bhp figure at the wheels (lets say 100bhp) this is often an accurate figure.

to measure the loss of things like transmission and tyres etc... they then take the car up to peak power, put it in neutral and let the engine 'coast down' to idle. the RR takes the figure that the engine gives in resistance during the coastdown and calculates this into a percentage of the wheel figure and adds this percentage to the wheel figure to give the flywheel figure. for example:

wheel bhp: 100
coastdown losses: 15%
estimated flywheel figure: 115

now lets say the tyres were 5 psi down on pressure. this will not affect the wheel figure greatly, maybe by 1% if anything. but during coastdown it can show as a 5-10% extra transmission loss (lets say 7%)

wheel bhp: 100
coastdown losses:22%
estimated wheel figure: 122

so with low tyre pressure it has gained 7bhp.

the same principle is used if the car is strapped down too hard, more pressure onto the rollers, no change to the wheel bhp, big difference to the coastdown figure as the it now has more resistance to the rollers slowing down. (same for vehicle weight etc....)
Twiggy

18th Dec 06 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i had it its was running 169bhp with full powerflow ectoec pipe and a bmc induction....

it was on the rollers where adam b got 155bhp and then recently got 156bhp (ish(ish) so i recon 167bhp was a fair reading when i had it and sean fitted lots of other bits...

it was quick when i had it god i miss that car!!! hehehe!

[Edited on 18-12-2006 by Twiggy]
Twiggy

18th Dec 06 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Said car!

phillygsi16v

18th Dec 06 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf there didnt seem to be much constructive critisim (speling??) going on just people saying it wont be that or it wrong and people taking the piss
K3 VMU

18th Dec 06 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did u expect possitive feedback? its CS , u only get it if u deserve it

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » vid of my 2.0 corsa 22 database queries in 0.0214281 seconds