corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is Corsasport..........

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author This is Corsasport..........
mav

User status: Offline
4th Jan 07 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Anyway back to Mav's point - ok saying about people saying dont get a corsa get a <insert pug/vw model here> but what about folk that continually post topics on other makes/models of cars, often taken word for word from another forum - say Passionford or Scoobynet or Volvosport - hell were all guilty of it & this is not a complaint I just wondered if this is deemed expectable.

yeah personally all that is fine, what car next, look what i seen on scoobynet etc....All good conversations i think and good reading material....
Marc

4th Jan 07 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like posting up bright yellow 850 estates
mav

quote:
Originally posted by Jas16v
I'l put my hand up,
ive owned a 1.2 8v and 1.6 16v with some good mods..
but i'm now moving on to something else, ive not joined any pug website and dont really intend to..
Im still a premium member here though which means im still supporting the site..
Just a bit daft if people find what im doing offensive IMO

who finds it offensive? not what this post is about...

Ppl move on thats life..We all do it me included, really it's about not slagging the corsa off all the time..that is all...
mav

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Like posting up bright yellow 850 estates

Marc

There should definatley be a non corsa sub forum within here though.
mav

4th Jan 07 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know how that would work really. General chat is fine I think if ppl do not slag the corsa off and tell ppl to go buy a ???? or a ???? instead.
Marc

4th Jan 07 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just might be a good idea to seperate the Jap/VAG/Ford posts!!!
Colin

4th Jan 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Truth is 75% of the members on here are not corsa members or are going through the transition of moving on from a corsa to something else. Or past/previous members with a bad experience of ownership. Its all relative advice though & to be expected on such a website. People want to hang about & give their advice which is fantastic I think as its not all from rose tinted glasses die hard owners that still bum their 1st car. Good mix of views/opinion here & lots of healthy debate.

Just my 38p's worth.
mav

4th Jan 07 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah your right Colin good healthy debate and views are all ..But at the end of the day it is a corsa site so ppl don't expect to come on here and join up and members to say go buy a ???? instead, if you get me?

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by mav]
M2RTY

4th Jan 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it REALLY gets onh my nerves when in GC i see 5 or 6 posts lifted directly from another make site

if i was interested in ford/scooby i would go look on a ford/scooby site FFS

no personal digs intended as i sometimes do it to get opinions, but not to show every thread from another forum

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by M2RTY]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Truth is 75% of the members on here are not corsa members or are going through the transition of moving on from a corsa to something else. Or past/previous members with a bad experience of ownership. Its all relative advice though & to be expected on such a website. People want to hang about & give their advice which is fantastic I think as its not all from rose tinted glasses die hard owners that still bum their 1st car. Good mix of views/opinion here & lots of healthy debate.

Just my 38p's worth.

Your first statement is completely void without some actual stats colin, 75 percent? you need a slap.
Lee Wilson

4th Jan 07 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with you mav. People come on here asking what corsa type to get, 1.4, 1.6 or whatever and people advise them not to buy a corsa

General Chat 60.2%
Help Zone and Modification Advice 16.8%
Trash Can 5%
Off Day 4.7%
Projects and Builds 3.2%
Others 9.8%

This mean I'm banned
mav

yeah I never picked up on that but 75% is wrong..
Cupra Steve
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Don't know how that would work really. General chat is fine I think if ppl do not slag the corsa off and tell ppl to go buy a ???? or a ???? instead.

so if someone asks what would you buy for 3k?? a corsa or a 106 every1 has to say corsa????

the only reason i'm still here is because i like the fact that not everyone on here thinks that corsa's are the best car ever made. unlike the other forum i was on, they thought that a seat was the best thing and nothing could possibly be any quicker and if it was then it was pointless. plus the piss take / debates are great, my days at work with be so boring with out cs.
mav

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Wilson
I agree with you mav. People come on here asking what corsa type to get, 1.4, 1.6 or whatever and people advise them not to buy a corsa

correct that is what I am getting at..
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by M2RTY
yes it REALLY gets onh my nerves when in GC i see 5 or 6 posts lifted directly from another make site

no personal digs intended as i sometimes do it to get opinions, but not to show every thread from another forum

Perhaps you are not in the majority who quite like to come to one forum that has information on many different car makes.

General Chat
Corsa conversation, news, and general car discussion.

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by willay]
Colin

4th Jan 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I get that but I think it will always be there!!

Like the posts people asking 'ive got £5k what should I get' Im hardly going to lie to them & say get a corsa mate, by far the best car out there for your money am I. Because then ive just told a complete lie
mav

4th Jan 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cupra Steve
quote:
Originally posted by mav

so if someone asks what would you buy for 3k?? a corsa or a 106 every1 has to say corsa????

the only reason i'm still here is because i like the fact that not everyone on here thinks that corsa's are the best car ever made. unlike the other forum i was on, they thought that a seat was the best thing and nothing could possibly be any quicker and if it was then it was pointless. plus the piss take / debates are great, my days at work with be so boring with out cs.

well no not really, not what I am saying, is somebody comes on and asks will I buy a 1.4 or 1.6 corsa you don't say Neither get a 106 instead?

Nobody on here thinks the corsa is the best car ever and there is nothing better out there, that has never been said.
Nismo

4th Jan 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i recommend cars to people, i feel allot of people start out with corsas but want to move on. When people want to move on i offer advice.

And if someone asks wether to keep a corsa or move on , i will allways tell them to move on
mav

4th Jan 07 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeah I get that but I think it will always be there!!

Like the posts people asking 'ive got £5k what should I get' Im hardly going to lie to them & say get a corsa mate, by far the best car out there for your money am I. Because then ive just told a complete lie

see my above post?

Again this isn't ABOUT GC being all about corsas..That is not what I am saying...

I don't think some understand
M2RTY

4th Jan 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:

Perhaps you are not in the majority who quite like to come to one forum that has information on many different car makes.

General Chat

the clue is in the title

www.corsasport.co.uk
Colin

4th Jan 07 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Just my 38p's worth.

Your first statement is completely void without some actual stats colin, 75 percent? you need a slap.

That was off the top of my head but I would say about more than 50% drive something else!!
willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not about "I've got 5k, what can I buy?" Its about "What model corsa do i get?" and people saying get something else.
mav

4th Jan 07 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Its not about "I've got 5k, what can I buy?" Its about "What model corsa do i get?" and people saying get something else.

willay
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

General Chat

the clue is in the title

www.corsasport.co.uk

Well done posting the URL marv, I'm sorry to say we have other forums on here which arent corsa related. I'm sorry to hear we dont meet your expectations. Face facts, GC is about general car discussion and I believe the majority like it that way.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » This is Corsasport.......... 22 database queries in 0.2899380 seconds