corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sky one.....its gone

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky one.....its gone
Dione J

User status: Offline
1st Mar 07 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im never in the house to watch TV
BigSte

1st Mar 07 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad rang Virgin other day and told them they were too expensive so he was moving to Sky. They reduced his bill, gave him 4meg broadband and gave him all Sports and Movies...... he's quite chuffed
dave17

1st Mar 07 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a V+ box, NEED HDTV!!!!!!!!
Scotty_B

1st Mar 07 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
Look what it said this morning:

What box do you have? We still have an NTL box (made by Pace), pulled the power on and off to reset today and nothing looks like that. Still the blue and yellow NTL?!

I have the Virgin V+ HD box. Not that there is any HD available though.
nova_gteuk

1st Mar 07 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone up ntl,complain that sky has gone,they will then say yes we dont have that channel anymore,so you say,i subscribed knowing that i had sky in my package,threaten you want to disconnect from the service...they will then offer some other channel your not currently subscribed to for free.

When i worked for ntl, i was always telling customers to do it,always had free channels given to them,id even call them later on in the day to check they had been given free channels,they where always happy with me,even though i could of got in shit for doing it just pissed me off everyday theyd call theyd ask for me and my email inbox was full of customers ask9ing me to call them back
Dom

1st Mar 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
I thought you could get skysports news on freeview?

Yeah you can.

No Sky Sports 1,2,3 or Xtra though.

In a few months sky will be taking them off freeview and you'll have to pay for them instead

And i know sky is a business and in return can charge what every they like, but considering nothing has change programme wise since last year (maybe lost being added to the line up) and to charge double the price (sky never denied this, it was 55p per customer for the basic sky packages, so would have been easily another 55p on top, probably more) it's complete rip off personally, and certainly doesn't warrant virgin paying more for the same content.

Also don't forget Sky's dodgy last minute deal to buy shares in ITV (ntl showed interest weeks before sky even thought about it), which is under investigation from Ofcom - maybe sky is feeling the pressure

Etherway, it has now emerged that virgin will be creating there own channels to rival sky 1 and 2 as well as there Virgin Central VOD channel.

It certainly is a bit of a fuck up from both sides and virgin should have already had a plan B in place from the start, having some of the content from sky one in place. But they are trying to correct this and buying up shows from HBO and ABC etc. So give them a few months and to be honest i think they'll have majority of the shows that sky one do (apart from skys own programme like deam team etc).

Deano - Im suprised you haven't had the new firmware update. Parents (just outside beford) have had it since launch date and Bedfordshire is (i believe) apart of the same network (Luton based). Maybe a phone call to customer services/tech support might get you the new update.

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by Dom]
Scotty_B

1st Mar 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:

Yeah you can.

In a few months sky will be taking them off freeview and you'll have to pay for them instead

And i know sky is a business and in return can charge what every they like, but considering nothing has change programme wise since last year (maybe lost being added to the line up) and to charge double the price (sky never denied this, it was 55p per customer for the basic sky packages, so would have been easily another 55p on top, probably more) it's complete rip off personally, and certainly doesn't warrant virgin paying more for the same content.

Also don't forget Sky's dodgy last minute deal to buy shares in ITV (ntl showed interest weeks before sky even thought about it), which is under investigation from Ofcom - maybe sky is feeling the pressure

Etherway, it has now emerged that virgin will be creating there own channels to rival sky 1 and 2 as well as there Virgin Central VOD channel.

It certainly is a bit of a fuck up from both sides and virgin should have already had a plan B in place from the start, having some of the content from sky one in place. But they are trying to correct this and buying up shows from HBO and ABC etc. So give them a few months and to be honest i think they'll have majority of the shows that sky one do (apart from skys own programme like deam team etc).

Unfortunately shows made by Fox i.e Lost are unlikely to ever appear on Virgin as Murdoch owns Fox media.
deano87

1st Mar 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, cheers for letting me know Dom. It might up date later today, but the box is over 7 years old, so might not be able to take it.

Ours is one of the first digital NTL boxes - friend over the road has got an analogue box still, and got it shortly before we got ours iirc.

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by deano87]
Nath

1st Mar 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:

Yeah you can.

Sky are a bunch of cunts.
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Mar 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i refuse to pay for Sky in my house. Robbing cunts.
Dom

1st Mar 07 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
quote:

Yeah you can.

Unfortunately shows made by Fox i.e Lost are unlikely to ever appear on Virgin as Murdoch owns Fox media.

Odd how Virgin have just signed up all three seasons of Lost for Virgin Central VOD then eh? And it's ABC that own the viewing rights to Lost, not fox!

Deano - In which case, i would suggest you "drop" it a little and get a replacement Parents used to have the old digital ntl boxes but it decided to go pop and the new pace boxes are a bit faster. Though it depends on what ever box the ntl engineer has in their vans usually. And it's unlikely you'll get a Samsung box (built in cable modem) as they are usually given out to customers who can't get stand-alone cable modems etc.

Brett
Premium Member

1st Mar 07 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol You lot just face up that Fox/Murdoch rules the media
Dom

1st Mar 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
lol You lot just face up that Fox/Murdoch rules the media

I wouldn't agree more to be honest and there are a lot of companies that are in bed with Murdoch - BBC etc. But it looks like Virgin are willing to take Murdoch on and i don't think Murdoch likes the competition.

Brett
Premium Member

1st Mar 07 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Wouldn't you just die if you didn't have sky' i believe it went.
dave17

1st Mar 07 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fancy some free channels or some kind of discount for this, will be calling NTL later.

Anyone got V+ box? I want one in my room, and parents need a new box in the front room. Can they move my new Samsung box (installed a few months ago) downstairs, and me have the V+ box in my room?
Colin

1st Mar 07 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lost is shite anyway, im getting rid of cable, jogging around sky's rip off prices & going back to council TV 1,2,3,4 & 5
X 60RSA

1st Mar 07 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO the owner of sky is a little worried. Someone with a lot of money and now has a huge empire has taken over NTL. Sky are worried that NTL will grow and grow with Bransons input, will take time ofcourse.

Sky know Branson is loaded, pure bullying tactics really..............thats my opinion anyway

[Edited on 01-03-2007 by X 60RSA]
Krammy

1st Mar 07 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They knew richard branson is a threat!

Dom

1st Mar 07 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
I fancy some free channels or some kind of discount for this, will be calling NTL later.

Anyone got V+ box? I want one in my room, and parents need a new box in the front room. Can they move my new Samsung box (installed a few months ago) downstairs, and me have the V+ box in my room?

Yea, you should be able to get the engineer to put the V+ box in your room etc. If not, just swap the boxes around yourself

And it's always worth phoning them up as they have some good deals on at the moment so you could save a packet or get something more for similar price etc
mav

1st Mar 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried to phone Virgin at 6.30pm and they were closed, tried about 3pm too and couldn't get through...

Checked my bill and I pay £24 extra a month for the sport channels so I fucking want the sports news channel too
abdus

1st Mar 07 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav

Checked my bill and I pay £24 extra a month for the sport channels so I fucking want the sports news channel too

indeed....I think most Virgin customers are on the same wavelength. They even removed the feedback pages from customers...in the 'fairplay' page...
drax

1st Mar 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3p extra a customer for virgin, pfft. They are just pulling out the attention whore tactic, getting as much media involvement as possible to try and shun sky into folding to their demands.
mwg

1st Mar 07 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you want virgin anyway
Dom

1st Mar 07 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drax
3p extra a customer for virgin, pfft. They are just pulling out the attention whore tactic, getting as much media involvement as possible to try and shun sky into folding to their demands.

yea, but why should virgin have to increase prices and pay the extra 19% increase (an extra £5.7million) for the same content on the channel?

Maybe virgin should create an extra package with sky channels (like sky one/two, sky news etc) and charge accordingly. Or pehapps add sky sports news to the sports package etc.

Eitherway, it's not as if virgin aren't doing anything about it and simply leaving its customers out of pocket. The money is being spent towards virgins VOD service (and the rumour that they'll create there own rival channel) that will supply you with the same content that sky one/two offered (or very similar).

matty - there are plenty of reason why you would want virgin, the fact that sky can't offer you a 20mb BB (be out in june) or infact a 50/100mb internet connection (which are trialling and impossible to do with current ADSL+), is one reason. Then again sky also has its pros, more bandwidth = more actual channels, fact you can recieve sky in the middle of nowhere...useful if you live in the highlands etc

Jules S
Premium Member

1st Mar 07 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just pissed off i'm out of pocket because of a cockfight between two media tycoons tbh.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sky one.....its gone 22 database queries in 0.0162320 seconds