corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Astro Villa Chronicles - Game 21 - Varsity FC

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Astro Villa Chronicles - Game 21 - Varsity FC
Marc

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polar Ford 6-0 Astro Villa

Now this is going to sound silly but I think this has been our best performance so far! We all communicated and actually looked where people were to mark them and set the ball up for each other. I had a run down the wing and got quite far until I got tackled, I made a few blocks and got the ball back myself on a fe occasions and past it along. James and Dave both had good runs too and Ben did some good work in defence. They did run us ragged though and we had a lad from Wednesday come down as hes really good. We were 2-0 down by half time, they were both long distance screamers! Second half I played defence and Ben moved forward, I never stopped! I was constantly blocking and clearing the ball out. Ben had a couple of good runs and so did James. I got pushed in to the box and got a fee kick, it was blocked straight away but we managed to get it back out. James had a good attack and I ran along side him but he got tackled and I had to sprint back!

Rich, the lad that stepped in said he couldn't believe how fast it was, I'm glad he said that as it shows we're not actually that bad!

I also had Ben congratulate me on my performance, hes usually the one crying saying hes going to quit!

Hopefully we can follow this in to the league next week.
Marc

30th Jul 07 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing Apollo 6 tonight, they're 5th and we're 9th. I used to work with their goalkeeper, hes good outfield but I've never seen him in goal.

We should have a sub tonight so should be interesting to see how we get on with that. I don't think we'll win but we really could do with a draw if we want to stay in this league.

I might drop in to defence for the second half again, that seemed to work quite well last week having a bit of rotation.
Marc

30th Jul 07 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apollo 6 3-1 Astro Villa

Things were looking good in the first half, we were all over them and our new lad scored. We are playing a lot better marking the opposition and finding each other on the pitch, plus we had a sub for the first time. I think we all thought it was in the bag. Come the second half they really stepped up their game and they were harder to defend against. They got a goal back and it looked like we would play out for a draw but they got another right near the end.

All in all though our performances are getting a lot better and even though there were a few gloomy faces at the end, it wasn't because we lost it was because we put in a really good performance and deserved a better result for it.
burgess

31st Jul 07 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

judgment day next monday marc!
we play you!
our performances are ethier outstanding from everyone
or we look like we all have a hangover!
hope we have a good match mate
see you monday!
Marc

6th Aug 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C/M/R 1-0 Astro Villa

Quite an evenly fought out match we thought, I'm sure Neil (Burgess) will agree!!

We were missing Dave and Dale tonight so drafted in Rich from Wednesday nights and Bens brother. We defended quite well for the most part but when ever they broke away we were slow to get back, which meant they had a lot more chances than we had liked! James was brilliant in goal though and I think we defended the game quite well. I had one long shot on goal which fell straight in to Buzz's (Their keepers) hands! They had a goal disallowed after the players foot crossed the line, I thought it was going to be allowed at first.

With 3 minutes to go they scored and that was game and match, I don't think we could have stopped it.

Good game though and we're getting better. Shame we can't get a consistant line up each week.
burgess

7th Aug 07 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you were very unlucky not to have a draw mate
we really stuggled to get any momentum due to the game being played at a much slower pace
and really missed our mdfield playmaker and one of our top goal scorers on hols on the same week!
you need to attack more and man mark
your goalie did brillaint to keep you in the game esp the penalty save!
dont think your man could have been any further in the area lol
keep on it and I know how it feels in the first season to keep losing a few!
the win will come mark!
and if your ever up for it we have a training match up at oaklands on a thursday night
its alot better to play a game that doesnt really mean anything so you can try a few things and get on the ball more
its done us loads of good to gel together
JonnyJ

7th Aug 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice win for us there I so wanted to play in this match but it wasnt my turn

Keep up the progress Marc, you'll get there eventually
Marc

7th Aug 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I play on a Wednesday at Oaklands.

The lad in the area was a stand in and wasn't aware of the rules!
JonnyJ

7th Aug 07 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooops probably should have told him that one
Marc

7th Aug 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well his brother is in the team so didnt't think he'd need a run through of the rules!
Marc

13th Aug 07 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GEAR4MUSIC.COM 'v' Astro Villa

Not playing until 9 tonight. We have one regular back but another is still AWOL playing for another team. I think we're drafting in a couple of players again tonight, really is a makeshift team this! Oh and its raining

4th 'v' 9th, I'll report the inevitable later
Marc

14th Aug 07 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GEARFORMUSIC.COM 4-2 Astro Villa

I played on the left side of defence tonight and had a bit of a shabby first half, bar a run across to the right and up the wing which didn't really amount to much. James, Dave and Luke, a new addition played up front with Ben partnering me in defence. We conceeded early on, something which could have been avoided I think. We got a kick in, I take most of these and I managed to find Dave at the top of the pitch, he had a shot but went wide. They did a lot more attacking than us during the first half and we didn't have many chances. We got a goal back from a shot by Luke just before half time. We played a lot better during the second half and the defending was a lot better. We attacked a lot more too with Luke having quite a few attempts on goal. I blocked a few shots on goal, one hurt a bit! James went down a few times and grazed both his knees Luke got a second goal late on. Just before time they got a corner and scored.
Marc

29th Aug 07 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mikes Monsters 4-0 Astro Villa

This game was from last Monday, forgot to do write up. We lost! Again! We had to draft 2 randoms in again because people keep letting us down. Not a lot to say really other than we defended really well in the first half but stil let a goal in! I don't know what happened in the second half but we were still defending well but managed to let 3 more goals in! They were all over us, getting beyond a joke now! Plus they were all old farts!

I'm hoping we get relegated at the end of the season, although I'm told we might not be. We should drop to League 2 or pack in as we're not getting any better! We need people to start turning up too.

LEAGUE 1

Team P W D L GF GA GD Pts
VARSITY FC 9 7 2 0 19 3 16 23
APOLLO 6 8 4 4 0 18 7 11 16
JAM FACTORY FC 8 4 2 2 21 8 13 14
FC BURRGERR 07 8 4 2 2 11 9 2 14
GEAR4MUSIC.COM 8 4 1 3 14 13 1 13
MIKES MONSTERS 8 3 2 3 13 11 2 11
C/M/R 7 3 1 3 10 16 -6 10
CSWS 8 1 3 4 10 17 -7 6
ASTRO VILLA 8 0 2 6 5 25 -20 2
MAGNET ALLSTARS 8 0 1 7 3 15 -12 1

[Edited on 29-08-2007 by Marc]
Marc

3rd Sep 07 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jam Factory again tonight, we played them in our first game and they murdered us
Marc

4th Sep 07 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jam Factory 1-0 Astro Villa

We were expecting another 7-0 thumping but we played really well last night and defended better than we have at previous games. We had a few shots on goal too. I chased someone down in midfield as they were runnign with the ball, I expected him to pass it, like most people do but I got the ball off him. Paid off! We had good possesion all match and we always had one of their players marked, something we havn't been too good at during past games. Safe to say we're improving if they only got 1 past us second time around!

We lost 1-0 and are now bottom of the table, but its the first time everyone has left feeling happy with the performance!
Marc

10th Sep 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yorwaste in the cup tonight, they're 6th in League 2.

If we lose we're off in to League 2 ourselves next year!
Marc

10th Sep 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're shit, we lost. Certain people were malling. Oh well.
JonnyJ

11th Sep 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What score?
Marc

11th Sep 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-0
burgess

19th Sep 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i want to see your first win next week marc
csws are really begining to bug me now
they should be rock bottom
come on astro villa!
Marc

19th Sep 07 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FC Burgerr 2-0 Astro Villa

I played in goal, made some good saves too! We couldn't keep organised though. I think we could have done better. I came out of the area and kicked the ball out, one of their players protested but the ref said I was in! We had a couple of shots on goal.

[Edited on 19-09-2007 by Marc]
Hammer

19th Sep 07 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need some new friends Marc, like Wayne Rooney for example.
Marc

24th Sep 07 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CSWS tonight and its raining
JonnyJ

24th Sep 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Score Marc? We won 2-0 against FC Burgerr
Marc

24th Sep 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Astro Villa 1-0 CSWS

We pushed them forward to begin with then had to fall back and defend, they had a few shots which were always blocked so never troubled our keeper. We got a goal towards the end of the first half half. Second halfwe carried on going forward and they tried to attack us a lot more. They got a penalty when James was in a tussle near the semi circle and his foot went in. I thought this would make it 1-1 but he hit the post! For the remainder of the match we just cleared it as we wanted the win! I had a right battle with this fat guy all through the second half, he just kept barging me out of the way! We had a sub too so those who wanted got a breather. Everyone came away happy which is rare!

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Astro Villa Chronicles - Game 21 - Varsity FC 23 database queries in 0.0157771 seconds