corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Wenger tips kids for glory...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wenger tips kids for glory...
Nismo

User status: Offline
20th Jun 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
Spurs wont be beating Arsenal this season, you had a good season, we had our worst, and you were still 8 points behind us

we had a shit start to the season, only time will tell.
dave17

20th Jun 07 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ITS ON MOTHER FUCKER
Robbo

20th Jun 07 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
IMO no doubt then

Just think in one of his many interviews he would of done an Eto and really come out and said he will not be leaving, instead he hasnt said no at all.
He did, shortly after the end of the season, came out and did a press conference and said he was sick of the speculation, he was and will be for many years an Arsenal player, do an archive check on arsenals website
Nath

20th Jun 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But even then he kept using phrases like 'at the moment', and 'right now i'm an Arsenal player'.
Cosmo

21st Jun 07 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
But even then he kept using phrases like 'at the moment', and 'right now i'm an Arsenal player'.

exactly, wevery interview he has done recent he hasnt once come out and said no, always giving 'maybe' answers!
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at some of the comments in here!

We managed 4th and had to be without Henry for the majority of the season through injury and other reasons. We can't pin our title hopes on one man ffs.

He's acting like he's bigger than the club at the moment and nobody has the right to do that. IMO he's past his best and we'd be better off getting rid and getting someone new in with the money.

Realistically I don't think we have a chance in hell this season of mounting a decent title challenge, we'll be 4th or thereabouts and no doubt have some good cup runs.
Cosmo

21st Jun 07 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
We managed 4th and had to be without Henry for the majority of the season through injury and other reasons. We can't pin our title hopes on one man ffs.

You can if he scores 30 gaols a season for you
--Dave--
Banned

but he didn't last season
--Dave--
Banned

and all the badger seems to be doing recently is either getting injured or complaining about shit.
Cosmo

21st Jun 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
but he didn't last season

yeah and you finished 4th. When he wasnt injured in past seasons you werent!
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the point i'm trying to make Cosmo... even if he were to make a miraculous return to form all of a sudden and bang goals in I still don't think we could compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.

The main difference being that they dont rely on just one or two men to get their goals, they come from all over the park.
Cosmo

21st Jun 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
this is the point i'm trying to make Cosmo... even if he were to make a miraculous return to form all of a sudden and bang goals in I still don't think we could compete with the likes of Chelsea and Man Utd.

The main difference being that they dont rely on just one or two men to get their goals, they come from all over the park.

They both rely on 2 really...Ronaldo and Rooney, Drogba and Lampard!

My point is though that he isnt someone you can easily replace. He scores for fun in the Prem, and will do next season if he stays and is injury free. It is wrong to rely on one man to push you up the league, but its also stupid not to try and build the team around your best guy...which is him!
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Giggs, Vidic, Saha, Scholes all scored important goals for their team.

As did Cole, Terry, Mikel, Essien etc...

I dont think you should ever build a team around a striker. It should come from the middle. Fabregas was inspirational for us last season and in my opinion we should build around him.
Rob_Quads

21st Jun 07 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Without Drogba there is no way that Chelsea would have been competing like they did, they would have been scrapping for 2nds with Liverpool/Arsenal. Yes other players score goals for them but you only have to look at the number of times they were in really tight games and Drogba is the one that either got the equaliser which they went on to win i.e. Carling Cup Final - He was their only hope in that match but he made Arsenal Pay. Other games where they did not look like winning Drogba scored late on winners.

ManU I would say were more rounded in the scorers although Ronaldo helped pull the team together.
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there were times when Drogba didn't play that well yet Chelsea still got a result. Like when Essien equalised right at the death against us. They have so many players in their squad who can just pull something out of the hat.

Arsenal have relied on Henry too much imo and it's cost us.
Jamie Walby

21st Jun 07 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

They both rely on 2 really...Ronaldo and Rooney, Drogba and Lampard!

My point is though that he isnt someone you can easily replace. He scores for fun in the Prem, and will do next season if he stays and is injury free. It is wrong to rely on one man to push you up the league, but its also stupid not to try and build the team around your best guy...which is Fabregas!

agreed
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he wasn't our best guy last season though was he?
Jamie Walby

21st Jun 07 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fabregas?
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say so.
Cosmo

21st Jun 07 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Henry is your best player. To say otherwise is just maiing excuses as you know he is on his way out.

Its like me saying Gerrard isnt our best player. Or Ronaldo isnt Man Us.
Jamie Walby

21st Jun 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In all honestly, Henry wasnt our best player last year. We managed without for large periods. Van Persie scored some vital goals for us last season.

I think last season, our best player was Gilberto.

Although yes, Henry when on form/un injured is our best player.
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i couldn't actually give a shit whether he leaves or not, in fact i wish he would just go now as i'm sure we're all sick of the hype and media surrounding the whole situation.

I don't think Henry was our best player last season, that accolade would go to Cesc. That's my view really
Cosmo

21st Jun 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certainly not last season, I agree on that.

I would say Gilberto myself. Cesc didnt score enough IMO.
--Dave--
Banned

21st Jun 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't argue with Silva either... both were awesome and you have to remember Cesc is still very young. For someone that young he looked as though he was the most experienced player on the field sometimes.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Wenger tips kids for glory... 23 database queries in 0.0184729 seconds