corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » post ya pics of corsa c20let's!! does't have to be yours.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author post ya pics of corsa c20let's!! does't have to be yours.
Bram

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 07 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
the only think i can think off which may be a problem is one engine touq steers one way the the other engine the other way.......

So it's going to do 360's up the strip

Only kidding mate, pull your finger out and get it running!
Andyrs1800

22nd Aug 07 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll post mine in a week or so when i get it,

Oh i've said to much...
nohope

22nd Aug 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k e l

22nd Aug 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers people
starkie

23rd Aug 07 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo a let doesnt weigh alot more than an let at all only weight difference's are the turbo (which isnt heavy)and the flywheel though this will depend on what gearbox you use and few sensors .
the biggest difference is the torque delivered compaired to that of a n/a engine
can see where beardy is coming from though cos i got told throttle bodies would never ever work on an let but i managed it in few hours unless someone has tried both can only guess as weight etc can be different but it means you change your corner entry method etc

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by starkie]
Hamish

23rd Aug 07 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt someone weigh them up on mig? Tbh i would say the differances are in the region of 40-50kg. Taking into account the F28, turbo and cast manifold, intercooler and all the pipwork
starkie

23rd Aug 07 at 07:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah most of that will be the f28 but move the battery and good bit of weight being moved out of front etc there are many ways to help keep the balance but few that go the extra mile
CorsaSi

23rd Aug 07 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeArDy
I think if people read the tital of the post you will find mine is the only corsa with c20let's

[Edited on 22-08-2007 by BeArDy]

my god man, you are crazy.
Daimo B

23rd Aug 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport

surely if you re-read beardys replies you wouldnt have missed him saying his v6 doesnt handle worse than an xe corsa not comparing it to other fwd cars

And i've replied accordingly to both XE corsas AND other FWD cars. If you read it.......

I know he's had both, but its still simple logic, maths and physics. Xe is heavier than a small block, its gonna understear more.

Add basically another block, head, set of cams, all pullies etc etc, the weight goes up even more. So if the weights more, why would it handle better than a car with less weight over the front wheels.

Daimo B

23rd Aug 07 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by starkie
daimo a let doesnt weigh alot more than an let at all only weight difference's are the turbo (which isnt heavy)and the flywheel though this will depend on what gearbox you use and few sensors .
the biggest difference is the torque delivered compaired to that of a n/a engine
can see where beardy is coming from though cos i got told throttle bodies would never ever work on an let but i managed it in few hours unless someone has tried both can only guess as weight etc can be different but it means you change your corner entry method etc

Turbos arn't light. Plus the extra flywheel size, and an F28 weighs a good 15-20+kg more than an F20 does. Overal, the engines a good 30-40kg heavier than an XE im sure. I know that my XE even when it was on standard shox handled better into corners than Donnas LET on coilovers (well, FK thingymajigys...).

A v6 is basically 1 engine bottom end, and 2 engine top ends. Having removed recently my Vee Twin engine and taking the blocks off, the weight saving was huge when i removed one block and head. Thats only 1 cylinder. On a V6, add another 2 pistons, another set of cams and pullies etc etc over an XE.

V6 + F20 will be better, but I hope no-ones put an F28 on a V6 in a corsa, would it ever go round a bend?

Its no lower than an XE, its wider, heavier, longer. It won't handle as well.

Your right, you can adjust your driving style into a corner, but it won't make it quicker.

Anyone who told you you can't have TB on a LET was clearly a Rodney and should stick to what colour neon tailpipe trim to buy next... Course they can

Instead of all these RR days, someone should sort out a small block Vs XE vs V6 Corsa track day. Put this stuff to rest at last...

As I say, im looking forward to the twin LET car, if anything, to prove to the big time so called "tuners" that they can be stuffed by a home mechanic, but im still reserved about how well it will go round bends, till i've seen it.
starkie

23rd Aug 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know how a v6 is set up i have a vectra gsi with f28 and they are actually narrower than a let.

flywheels dont come into it with xe and let due to the newer xe's also have a pot type flywheel same as the let
BYRON

23rd Aug 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

edit - pics huge!

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by BYRON]
Jenko_Sport

23rd Aug 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wilkogsi
post ya pics of corsa c20let!! does't have to be yours.
start with mine

I can remember trying to have a play with this in my old 1.4 sport, i kept up until he got grip
SAL
Premium Member

23rd Aug 07 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo, its is all about spring poundage
Daimo B

23rd Aug 07 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a bit more than that dude
starkie

23rd Aug 07 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stavs i would agree with that and what 99% of people never do is corner weights your pissing in wind with coilovers and not getting them set up with scales
Superlite Ltd.

23rd Aug 07 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beardy, where did you source that billet throttle body?
vxlgsi

23rd Aug 07 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corner weights and spring poundage is the key, along with the right arb at the back. all this about xe corsas and v6 corsas not handling is junk, they can, just not many people know how to set them up.

We all use cheap suspension with limited adjustment not designed for the correct axel weight.
Daimo B

23rd Aug 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not jsut about suspension though.

WEIGHT is the issue. Its the amount of weight over the front wheels.

A good handling car will aim for 50/50 weight distribution. On a V6 corsa, your probably looking at 80/20, and thats being kind.....

The same applies for a 2.0 Corsa, just the numbers are different.

You can put independant coilovers all round, the right springs, the best ARB's, but it still wont cover that it will understear.

A V6 will understear worse than an XE
same way 2.01 6v will understear worse than a small block engine.

YES you can make them handle better, you can make a 2.0 handle ok, but the best test is in the rain, and any extra weight over the front wheels is going to cuase major understear. You can probably make a V6 handle "OK" but push it, and it'll get its ass whooped by anything FWD.

Wheres bradfinchum when you need him

The smallest V6 road going car is one of those Rover 25 things, of which is a much bigger and heavier car than a Corsa hence more weight and more room to move the engine about.

AS said, its all talk, someoen get a day orgenised and prove that V6's handle good. I'll be on the other side......

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by VXR]
vxlgsi

23rd Aug 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but thats what corner weighting is for, its never gonna be great (big engine little car)but it could be a whole lot better!

Dont get stressed, if you want a car that handles, you dont buy a corsa, and if you want a fast car that handles you dont buy a corsa and put a heavy engine in it.

simple as that. Im still not exactly sure why you would want a v6 in a corsa but hey ho everyone is different.

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by vxlgsi]
Nic Barnes

23rd Aug 07 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

A good handling car will aim for 50/50 weight distribution. On a V6 corsa, your probably looking at 80/20, and thats being kind.....

You can put independant coilovers all round, the right springs, the best ARB's, but it still wont cover that it will understear.

YES you can make them handle better, you can make a 2.0 handle ok, but the best test is in the rain, and any extra weight over the front wheels is going to cuase major understear.

can i ask how many properly set up xe corsasa have you been in or are you basing it on your own poorly set up cheap suspensioned car?
Daimo B

23rd Aug 07 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been in a few muppet. Don't foget i was mincing in XE corsas before you were even driving legally Theres actually not many "proper" xe corsas about, and those that are, usually are not on the road, and are competition cars.

Im not basing any opinions on my XE corsa, its had nothing done to it for bends. Only the engine for straight lines.

Im under NO illusion that Corsas arn't the best handling cars as standard, let alone with a heavier engine up front.

VXL, yeah im saying that, YES you can make it go round corners BETTER, but its never going to be a good handling car.

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by VXR]
vxlgsi

23rd Aug 07 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by muppetsport
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

YES you can make them handle better, you can make a 2.0 handle ok, but the best test is in the rain, and any extra weight over the front wheels is going to cuase major understear.

can i ask how many properly set up xe corsasa have you been in or are you basing it on your own poorly set up cheap suspensioned car?

I was thinking the same , 99% of fwd cars are designed to understeer, cos its safer than over steer...

[Edited on 23-08-2007 by vxlgsi]
Daimo B

23rd Aug 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats fine, i'll go with my opinon, you go with yours.

Least im under no illusion that my corsa isn't that great, and that the overall plan is to test what parts make it better, not what make it a great handling car, because it will never be a great handling car.

Well, actually, maybe, if I space frame the front and rear end with complete custom suspension.

And i'll leave my opinion at that, as peopel have different ones obviously.
Nic Barnes

23rd Aug 07 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I've been in a few muppet.

Im not basing any opinions on my XE corsa, its had nothing done to it for bends. Only the engine for straight lines.

Im under NO illusion that Corsas arn't the best handling cars as standard, let alone with a heavier engine up front.

VXL, yeah im saying that, YES you can make it go round corners BETTER, but its never going to be a good handling car.

i was just joking about your own car, have always valued your opinions on many things like this strangely.

if we talk tracks etc, is 99.9% of a track corners? as in tight corners? or is a fair bit of it long sweeping bends and straights, surely then on a track something like mine with rediculous acceleration, would actually post a quick time, as it handles a lot better than some cars my friends claim handle well.............

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » post ya pics of corsa c20let's!! does't have to be yours. 22 database queries in 0.0189741 seconds