corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Isreal and Russia - Official Build-up and banter thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author England vs Isreal and Russia - Official Build-up and banter thread
Cosmo

User status: Offline
10th Sep 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would rather they are forced to play under a drug so England can win and saves McKnobs job but risk the players future playing career.
antscorsa

10th Sep 07 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Classic Bentley (on his U21 withdrawal):

'I was worried about fatigue come November or December of this year. If I'm fatigued in a couple of month's time then I won't be going to the Euros.'

Faggot.

The kids played every game in 2 years for blackburn and england, had no rest unlike half of our england squad etc.
to be fair the kids 23 not 21 he shoudlnt even be allowed to play for the u21s.
prob was a stupid mistake but he has had to make a lot of tough decisions over the years like leaving arsenal for norwich and then blackburn.
im as patriotic as they come and was pissed off that he didnt go with the u21s but thats over with now, and i presoanlly think hes a quailty player and deserves and england place. booing him was disgraceful, shoudl be like booing scholes when he plays for man u, but no1 would dare too.

and to be fair he pissess all over SWP overall, shaun cant cross the ball to save his life. hes quick, gets in space and has the ability to take it around players but that wont win us games, with people like own and heskey up front we need 1st class distribution. Bentley can do both and will soon get his place.
Cosmo

10th Sep 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pennants better than Bentley.
antscorsa

10th Sep 07 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i rate pennant very highly from what ive seen this year, not much between the 2 players, seems we have a lot of talent on the right hand side!!
Cosmo

10th Sep 07 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antscorsa
i rate pennant very highly from what ive seen this year, not much between the 2 players, seems we have a lot of talent on the right hand side!!

Pennant needs to shoot more, other than that his play has been first class this season and the end of last.
Danny P

10th Sep 07 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

The kids played every game in 2 years for blackburn and england, had no rest unlike half of our england squad etc.
prob was a stupid mistake but he has had to make a lot of tough decisions over the years like leaving arsenal for norwich and then blackburn.
im as patriotic as they come and was pissed off that he didnt go with the u21s but thats over with now, and i presoanlly think hes a quailty player and deserves and england place. booing him was disgraceful, shoudl be like booing scholes when he plays for man u, but no1 would dare too.

Do you actually know what your talking about

How can somone be tired after playing football for 2 seasons? What about the break between the end of the season and pre-season? Thats approx 1.5 months, if your still tired after that then you dont deserve to be a professional footballer.

Booing him was 100% correct IMO. If I was there i'd have been booing. He got more than a booing from me when he played at Huddersfield pre-season. Representing you country should be the ultimate aim for a player, at any leval there will be players out there who would kill to pull on an England shirt. Dropping out becuase you are "tires" is a disgrace, not booing him.

Also, how can you even compare it to Scholes at Man Utd. Scholes has been consistantly one of the best players for Man Utd & for England over the past few years, he's done his country proud and IMO is one the best players to ever play for England. He only stopped playing for England to further his club career. He's going on 35, and has been a credit to the game. He's not some jumped up 23 year who isn't even that good, thinking he can turn down the chance to play for his country for being "tired"

Bentley should never be allowed to play for England ever again, I think its disgusting how McClaren even picked him to be in the squad, let alone put him on the pitch.

[Edited on 10-09-2007 by Danny P]

Marc

10th Sep 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scholes is 32
Cosmo

10th Sep 07 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also....how many games was he playing in a season? He wasnt exactly in a successful team that was going all the way in the domestic cups aswell as Europe.

A lot more players out there played a lot more games yet still managed to play in a summer cup comp for their country.
Nath

11th Sep 07 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Danny P
quote:

Do you actually know what your talking about

How can somone be tired after playing football for 2 seasons? What about the break between the end of the season and pre-season? Thats approx 1.5 months, if your still tired after that then you dont deserve to be a professional footballer.

Booing him was 100% correct IMO. If I was there i'd have been booing. He got more than a booing from me when he played at Huddersfield pre-season. Representing you country should be the ultimate aim for a player, at any leval there will be players out there who would kill to pull on an England shirt. Dropping out becuase you are "tires" is a disgrace, not booing him.

Also, how can you even compare it to Scholes at Man Utd. Scholes has been consistantly one of the best players for Man Utd & for England over the past few years, he's done his country proud and IMO is one the best players to ever play for England. He only stopped playing for England to further his club career. He's going on 35, and has been a credit to the game. He's not some jumped up 23 year who isn't even that good, thinking he can turn down the chance to play for his country for being "tired"

Bentley should never be allowed to play for England ever again, I think its disgusting how McClaren even picked him to be in the squad, let alone put him on the pitch.

10000% agree
Nath

11th Sep 07 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Agreed.
Cosmo

11th Sep 07 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Agreed.

10000%?
Nath

11th Sep 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Na, more like 300%
Cosmo

11th Sep 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Na, more like 300%

that'll do tbh.
Marc

12th Sep 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought Russia might have played better first half
Cosmo

12th Sep 07 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc, you obviously havent been listening to the commentators as according to them we have gelled so well and playing so great that not even a World XI would beat us tonight.

TBH we arent playing that well. Controlling the game, but then again we should do against these kind of sides without a second thought. Two good finishes from Owen for once, will now see him miss about 3 or 4 sitters in the second half. Rio is having a shocker too.
Marc

12th Sep 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not keen on BBC commentary, they talk drivel.
Cosmo

12th Sep 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'm not keen on BBC commentary, they talk drivel.

Id rather watch one of those Saudi channels. Cant understand a word but atleast its fun when you score.
dave17

12th Sep 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ian wright is such a legend

"jerkov - what a great name"
Cosmo

12th Sep 07 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its spelt with a Z though. I just think the commentators like to say Jerk Off on BBC1.
Marc

12th Sep 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its what I hear
jr

12th Sep 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

disagree
richardworrall
Premium Member

12th Sep 07 at 20:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
"jerkov - what a great name"

shame theres no player with the name whodyanickabolockov, youll spot him, he'll be the one with 3 testicles.

Shall i call a taxi now
Marc

12th Sep 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richardworrall
Shall i call a taxi now

No, just walk away.
jr

12th Sep 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well crouch looks shit
Marc

12th Sep 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rio

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » England vs Isreal and Russia - Official Build-up and banter thread 23 database queries in 0.0158670 seconds